It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broward Sherriff Deputy That Gave Stand Down Was A Diversity Hire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Don't know where to put this so...

Jordan gave what was effectively a stand down order during the shooting in Parkland, telling her officers to form a "perimeter" rather than immediately engage the shooter.

"Sheriff Israel admits Captain Jordan was recommended based on 'diversity' NOT qualifications," Pollack said. "Captain Jan Jordan froze during the Parkland shooting. Officers said she was in over her head."

"Now Sheriff Israel admits Captain Jordan was recommended based on 'diversity' NOT qualifications," he said. "Her lack of leadership led to kids dying, all because they wanted diversity!"

After all these years, I still have not figured how to imbed Twitter content so If anyone is interested in watching the interview segment, click the link. It's only 45 or so seconds.

www.informationliberation.com...

Diversity over competence. That's the ticket.

edit on 30-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

This will only continue to lead us nowhere. Hire and promote by merit, that's the only way. For those with no merit, there are always entry level positions.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Today skin color and gender are merit.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

While I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't believe anything that sheriff Israel says either.

That's the same guy would wouldn't stop telling everyone what "great leadership" he provides his deputies.

In my opinion he's a worthless scumbag, and could just be trying to pass the blame somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Looks like Israel found hisself a scapegoat. Blame the female captain cause he (Israel) don't want to lose his job, retirement, face. Scum like him is what gives law enforcement a bad name. He should be indicted for his mishandling of the whole school shooting situation. It IS ultimately his responsibility.

Ugh...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Backfire !!

Quantity not Quality

😎

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You may very well be right here. I don't know. After all, the rule of the day for anyone in a leadership roll these days is, "cover your own ass first".
edit on 30-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

"Diversity Hire" ie not qualified for the job but has the right skin color or gender......

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In general - MERIT, MERIT, MERIT.

However, I will share a related experience. I used to manage a restaurant that had an OTB in the basement. Once, the OTC was robbed at gunpoint. I, unfortunately, was the manager on duty that day. We had no idea where the gunman went. When I called 911, I was told not to spook anyone in the restaurant (it was a 1200 seat restaurant so not everyone knew the OTB had been robbed). I was told the police were going to rush there but turn off lights and sirens once they were there and form a perimeter. Once the perimeter was formed, they'd sweep the building. Now, this was not an active shooter situation (thank God). That may change protocol. However, I can attest from a firsthand experience this is a tactic used by police in a situation with a gun.
edit on 30-11-2018 by headorheart because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Maybe Captain Jordan in charge that day.

Ya think people being shot at that moment might change how it is handled? probably.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

One would assume, especially when it is children's lives a risk.

Just pointing out that tactic of forming a perimeter isn't way out in left field.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: LSU2018

Today skin color and gender are merit.

I know, these businesses need to take notes from places like Amazon and Apple. They're promoted by merit, and most of their top level employees are white men. But be sure to omit the part where they point at the smaller businesses and call them racist for hiring white men for top level positions. So in brief - hire by merit and don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There is now way to pin the decisions made on being a diversity hire. The situation is too complex and nuanced to simply claim that someone else wouldn't have made the same decisions. It is easy to look back in hindsight and say shoulda, coulda, woulda. However, until you are the one making the decisions in the heat of the moment, you can't claim to know that you or anyone else would have made the right decision.

This isn't a situation with a fairly static answer that is right or wrong. 2+2 = 4. Diversity hire says it is 5. Then you might have a point.

Post like this are the reverse of the typical blame racism from the left when one person is white and the other black while ignoring all the other factors.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I started My police career when nobody wanted to work as a cop, then got sick to My stomach during "The Crack Warâ„¢". I also put an application into the Ca. Highway Patrol and received a letter stating "We are no longer accepting applications from White Males.."

That is when I became "Hispanic"...

About halfway through My career it became where the Prime Candidate would've been an One legged Black Lesbian who had a fresh DD-214...

Now, the Police Dep't.s are littered with militaristic folks who seem to have an axe to grind??

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I know you used quotes, but my jaw is on the ground. Did it literally say not accepting white males? Or was it a bunch of fluff words that basically said that.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I know you used quotes, but my jaw is on the ground. Did it literally say not accepting white males? Or was it a bunch of fluff words that basically said that.

Back in the 80's, my cousins husband who was a recruiter for the PA State Police convinced me to take the Civil Servant test to get a job with them and use my veterans points.

I didn't get the hired. Why? His words. "Your score even without your veteran points would have got you hired. However, we were required to hire minorities and women. That's why you didn't get accepted.".

But let's ignore the fact due to PC, we have to hire people not qualified for the job, but bitch about those who are hired and how unqualified they are for the job.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've never had an employer come out and directly say no white males for the position they want to fill.
But they make it quite clear they are looking to add to their companies diversity profile...

Wink wink, no white men,,,wink wink

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looks like Florida hopes the shooter stops and leaves.

In Texas the police enter the building to stop him. But then Texas isn't Florida.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yea, think about that the next time you crawl onto a commercial air craft!

Yet another reason to stay as far as humanely possible AWAY for US law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Does this mean ALL diversity hires are incompetent?

How many diversity hires have been very good for their employers?

I am all for hiring the best people for the job but one mans mess up does not reflect on anyone else's ability to do their jobs.

Call this guy out for his mistake and leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join