It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone tried at-home blood test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My doctor doesn't seem very interested in testing for the T3 and T4 thyroid hormones, or deficiency in vitamins like D, B12, Zinc. She laughed when I told her about my naturopath, even though I dropped weight and lowered my cholesterol.

I'm thinking of ordering at-home tests online, and I'm wondering if any of you all have tried them.

Good? Bad? Did you give results to your doctor?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

No but I would find a different doctor.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Easier said than done in a rural community. She's the only one I know of that's down with a low-carb/keto diet, so I'm hesitant to switch.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

There are a couple thyroid blood tests sold on Amazon.... 100 to 160 bucks.

About 67 bucks for the cheapest D test.

Wellnicity Brand At-home Tests
edit on 29-11-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Most areas have labs now that will test, look up the ones in your area, you go in and they do the test it is the same as what the Dr gives and sends off to the same labs many times.
The prices are really great sometimes and for many tests, I chose a random online
Tri-iodothyronine (T3) Blood Test
www.walkinlab.com...

I searched labs I can have my own health tests done, but walk-in or public may do it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I too would find a different doctor. My daughter found a good doctor, they did a test on a lot of things in the blood and urine. Not normal tests you would find the doctor prescribing, this has all sorts of things they test for like mineral levels, vitamin levels, amino acids, lots of enzymes, lots of stuff like homocysteine, malabsorption markers, neurotransmitter markers, and a whole lot more. Here is the site, the results are really impressive. www.gdx.net...

Best part, the two tests ,Blood and urine, ran about four hundred bucks total. I am impressed, I am hard to impress because I have studied this kind of stuff so much and have seen the wasted tests doctors give because they are looking only for diseases that are already making you sick. This test can help you adjust things so you don't have to wind up with chronic deficiencies. Always remember though, a blood test gives results of a short window, so often your diet in the last few previous days can mask deficiencies that are from long term shortages of a nutrient. They are an aid to figuring things out. Tissue samples would be a better way, but I wouldn't want to give up a piece of my body for them to test on.

The doctor did prescribe some of the regular blood tests too, but those were just normal ones most doctors do.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Um how about you've got the dough they test whatever the F you want them to.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Beats me why they don't. I think it's an authority thing. They make a snap judgement, and choose not to pursue it further based on odds. The patient is not a customer who gives input, more of a passive case to be cured.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

Easier said than done in a rural community. She's the only one I know of that's down with a low-carb/keto diet, so I'm hesitant to switch.

Nothing stopping you from going to another dr. and also keep the one you have for now. I live in the country where my dr. is 35 miles away but I wouldn't hesitate to travel to the next nearest town to look for a dr. that would provide the services I wanted. It's called shopping around. You would do that buying a new car so why not for a dr. you are satisfied with?

Hell, even just call around and ask if the dr. tests for what you want or provides the services desired. Don't even have to make an appointment and go to find out...
edit on 30-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Ketosis can cause the important thyroid hormone to not be produced.

Your doctor should know this and insist on testing if you are insisting on being in ketosis.

Go for the home test kit.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My doctor doesn't seem very interested in testing for the T3 and T4 thyroid hormones, or deficiency in vitamins like D, B12, Zinc. She laughed when I told her about my naturopath, even though I dropped weight and lowered my cholesterol.

I'm thinking of ordering at-home tests online, and I'm wondering if any of you all have tried them.

Good? Bad? Did you give results to your doctor?

Go to a doctor. Too many inconsistencies w at home tests, false readings, diagnosis, improper evaluating, misreading etc.

Find another doctor to test you if yours is unsympathetic to your wishes.

Seriously! Go do it professionally. Even a home pregnancy positive test....needs to be professionally verified.

M.S.
EMT/ERT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Ketosis can cause the important thyroid hormone to not be produced.

Your doctor should know this and insist on testing if you are insisting on being in ketosis.

Go for the home test kit.

They have meters for ketones too. keto-mojo.com... krXACh1LPQYYEAQYAyABEgIlFPD_BwE

new topics

top topics

join