It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now lying to congress is now enforced as a crime. Yay!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: chr0naut

I thought that the CT-6 Hybred was going to become Cadillac's flagship model after the corporate restructure? Didi you hear differently, or was that comment just a generalized CT-6 model statement?

GM was pretty clear that going forward that their main focus was going to be of Hy-bred and fully electric vehicles, with automatous vehicles as a future plan to replace the mid-size SUV models when the technology is better perfected.

***BACK ON TOPIC***

If this is allowed to go through, the gates of hell will be openning up for a mess of former FBI, CIA, DOJ, SoS, and those involved in the last SCOTUS hearing.

I think that GM has identified the sedan as a body style that no longer sells and is looking at SUV and hatch as their bread and butter.

... also, I agree about it opening up hell. Which is why I don't think it will happen.

I mean, in congress, they are all politicians, for one...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

While I appreciate your long winded response, you didn't address the legality aspect.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

But again that ignores the entire issue created by unequal justice. It's far more damaging to the country to have a populace that doesn't trust the law will be applied equally than it is to have a president that did whatever it is you think he did (lie to congress? Have Russians make ads? What is it today?).

Democrats are doing more damage to America's electoral system than the Russians or trump could have dreamed of doing. Mueller is doing more damage to the intelligence community and justice department than anything trump is alleged to have done to them.

Also, Obama weaponizing the irs and doj is far more damaging than anything trump has done. So this idea that trump is an immediate danger just falls flat on its face.

It's sad we have anyone defending this fishing expedition. You have to be one sick puppy to think it's OK.
edit on 1-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

While I appreciate your long winded response, you didn't address the legality aspect.

Obviously there are clear laws and mandated limits on consequences but the limits on consequences don't say that there must be actual consequence, only that it shall not exceed certain constraints.

I think that there needs to be 'will to prosecute' and there are such contentious issues debated that no-one knows what is actually truth or what is a lie.

Congress is by definition, opinion vs opinion and their 'truth' is that which moves the most hearts and minds.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

But again that ignores the entire issue created by unequal justice. It's far more damaging to the country to have a populace that doesn't trust the law will be applied equally than it is to have a president that did whatever it is you think he did (lie to congress? Have Russians make ads? What is it today?).

Democrats are doing more damage to America's electoral system than the Russians or trump could have dreamed of doing. Mueller is doing more damage to the intelligence community and justice department than anything trump is alleged to have done to them.

Also, Obama weaponizing the irs and doj is far more damaging than anything trump has done. So this idea that trump is an immediate danger just falls flat on its face.

It's sad we have anyone defending this fishing expedition. You have to be one sick puppy to think it's OK.

I would take the opposite view that the DOJ, Dems, FBI, Justices and congress are doing their constitutional actual jobs and it is Trump who has unfairly and unjustly accused them. It certainly seems that Trump is pointing at everyone else and the logic is that there must be some good guys who are trying to do good. Yet Trump paints them all universally with the brush of 'bad'.

If what Trump says is true, then there is no America to resuscitate - the whole system of checks and balances has failed, totally. That is not what it looks like to me. Trump cannot be right, which makes him very wrong if he starts dismantling the operating machinery based on false assumptions.

Are you really sure that the instruments of government, that I assume you learnt about in school, has suddenly gone away on a time frame consequent to Trump's rise?

edit on 1/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Pretty convenient for Hillary isn’t it? “After” she lies to the FBI, Congress and everyone else...NOW it’s a an enforceable crime?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If what Trump says is true, then there is no America to resuscitate - the whole system of checks and balances has failed, totally. That is not what it looks like to me. Trump cannot be right, which makes him very wrong if he starts dismantling the operating machinery based on false assumptions.

LOL! "Trump cannot be right". How do you figure?

I'm surprised that you've chosen to bury your head in the sand and ignore all of the evidence and texts that have been released so far.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

LOL! "Trump cannot be right". How do you figure?

I'm surprised that you've chosen to bury your head in the sand and ignore all of the evidence and texts that have been released so far.

Trump's texts if they aren't 100% true, aren't evidence that they aren't true.

Trump seems to believe that public attitudes, like those measured in TV ratings, are enough to turn the country around. He should look to his business ideas that seemed publicly popular but have foundered in actuality.

This opinion of his is obvious where he claimed a reduction in unemployment figures after he was elected, but before he took office. Not a single policy enacted and yet he is claiming a clear victory.

His 'solutions' are populist and usually don't actually address the problems directly. There is a disjoint between his policy ideas and what he expects them to achieve.

This is carried most forcefully in his insistence during his state of the union address about how he was going to revitalize American manufacturing, citing specifically the automobile industry.

Subsequent to that, the auto industry has actually significantly cut back in response to dwindling market forces. From a business point of view, it is an astute and prudent response. Yet Trump railed against the auto makers as if they should keep expanding and borrowing with no sales prospect at the end of it.

Trump's policies don't have the power to fix the problems and his attempts to just raise expectations in the public mind will fail when it becomes obvious that the real market forces are unchanged.

He is riding a wave of popularity, but it's hit the beach.

edit on 1/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Trump's texts if they aren't 100 true, aren't evidence that they aren't true.

I'm talking about all of the evidence against the FBI and DOJ and the text messages between Strzok and Page. Or did you not read up on that?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Dfairlite

Ok, which do you think has the greatest number of detectives working on it at any one time?

Cold case investigations of serial killers from the fifties to the seventies, or active investigations into ongoing murders by current nutters? Do you think that more resources and urgency are placed on the subject of decades old heist gangs, or do you think more resources are used to catch heist gangs operating right now? What about drug dealers and gangsters from the seventies or the sixties, when compared with drug dealers and gangsters of the current era?

You know why those old cases get de-prioritised and its not because trails get cold and solves get harder. Its because the perpetrators are mostly dead or incapacitated by age, and because the resources of the investigating body have to be used to combat ongoing crime, to minimise its impact on those it negatively effects.

um....I don't know if you are aware, but the crimes have already been identified, investigated, reported, and explained to all. We know what she did that was illegal, and it's enough all by itself to warrant punishment, but the point here is that because she is "special", she gets a pass. Regular folks who understand reality, think that's not quite fair.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You dodged it again. The SOTU address is not something that you are required to tell the truth in. Every president has told lies in their SOTU address. The fact that you're arguing this is hilarious.
edit on 1-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Are you really sure that the instruments of government, that I assume you learnt about in school, has suddenly gone away on a time frame consequent to Trump's rise?

No, they've been slowly eroding for decades. Trump's rise simply exposed how far gone it really is.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You dodged it again. The SOTU address is not something that you are required to tell the truth in. Every president has told lies in their SOTU address. The fact that you're arguing this is hilarious.

The SOTU address is delivered before congress. Why would you assume that you aren't required to be faithful to the truth?

It wouldn't be even anything more than a waste of time if it were allowed to full of lies.

edit on 2/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Because every president has lied during their SOTU address. Every last one.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Because every president has lied during their SOTU address. Every last one.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why do you capitalise the name "Cohen," and not the name "trump?"

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There is much going on that the MSM can't wrap their closed-minds around. For instance, it's now known that the COHEN plea deal was to HELP President Trump. Not "close the walls in on him", as the hate-consumed MSM/Dims are praying for.

Source: www.realclearinvestigations.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join