It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now lying to congress is now enforced as a crime. Yay!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: six67seven

lol

ya, like all that dirt he had regarding Obama's birth certificate.

why do you all fall for his lies? you do realize he makes you look foolish.. of course you do.

bring integrity back, jesus.

Obama made all of the Democrats look like utter fools, but they didn't recognize it because he used eloquent speech and his crimes weren't pointed out by the MSM.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

once rosenstein is fired and nothing is released - who will you blame?

it's time to give it up - you all have out kicked your coverage on this, and the masses are noticing.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

good god, if Obama made democrats look like fools what has trump made republican look like? especially considering all this dirt?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

once rosenstein is fired and nothing is released - who will you blame?

it's time to give it up - you all have out kicked your coverage on this, and the masses are noticing.

It depends on what Adam Schitt does. He holds all the cards on how this is going to play out. Who are you going to blame if Schitt pushes the envelope?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

good god, if Obama made democrats look like fools what has trump made republican look like? especially considering all this dirt?

What dirt do you think has been exposed? Michael Cohen lying to Congress is just that. A lie from Cohen. Trump didn't do anything wrong and the correct dates came out in Donald Trump, Jr's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Really, I want to know what it is that you THINK the dirt is.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

he'll hold the cards soon. what have the republicans been doing - they've owned it all for two years? lol

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I was referencing the dirt on the dems that trump alluded to. if it's there it sure doesn't make his side look all the competent does it?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I’m not sure if appealing to standards or principles will work on hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

good god, if Obama made democrats look like fools what has trump made republican look like?

Let's go down the road of Obama foolishness that you all supported:

- IRS targeting of conservative organizations. Here's ONE instance of Obama's administration sicking five federal/state agencies on one organization...

True the Vote spokesman Logan Churchwell sent Watchdog.org a timeline of the encounters, which include two unscheduled audits by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, six visits or phone calls by the Federal Bureau of Investigation looking for domestic terrorists, five rounds of questioning by the IRS over True the Vote’s application and one round over King Street Patriot’s application, both of which were filed in July 2010, and neither of which has been approved yet.

That’s not to mention the IRS audit (they actually got money back) or the audit by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and another by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

www.watchdog.org...

- The "Iran Deal". This foolishness is going to come back to haunt us for decades to come and Obama wouldn't even allow Congress to read the details of the agreement.

- "Fast & Furious". People died and Eric Holder became the first Attorney General ever to be held in contempt of Congress for refusing to release documents that Congress asked him for.

- DACA. Obama wasn't able to pass "The Dream Act" legally, so he wrote up an Executive Order and illegally allowed illegal immigrants work permits without the authority to do so.

- DAPA. More of the same as DACA. At least this one was shot down by a federal judge, but not before the judge ordered White House counsel to go through ethics training for all of the lies they told in court. When the federal judge first put a stop to it, Obama's administration kept processing applications anyway. They got caught. The White House counsel lied about it. Obama almost suffered his own contempt of court charges for this himself.

- Obamacare and the Obamacare Roll Out. The Obamacare fiasco will go down in history for possibly hurting our health insurance and health care programs for decades. The Obamacare roll out was the biggest blunder I've ever witnessed and I can't believe that any American would be stupid enough to think that a universal health care system would roll out or run any smoother than Obamacare. Such fools.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe anyone who posts on this forum actually trusts Donald Trump (or anyone else, for that matter). And no. I don't say that in a partisan tone. I say that as someone who came to this forum because I don't trust the people the media introduces me to. And the media hasn't pushed anyone on the public harder than they have Donald Trump over the years. The MSM, I mean. As far back as the 80s Trump was in the media just about every day. Nobody is going to tell me he's some rogue they'd rather not have to deal with. This guy was never an outsider. Never a maverick. Never a dissenter. The MSM made Donald Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL maybe you just are extremely ignorant about what is going on. Comey lied to congress in 2017, just like Cohen. The podesta group was found to have done many of the same things as manafort during the election, yet no charges for them but they resurrected charges from a "cold case" for manafort.

So yeah, your entire premise is a dung heap. While it would be logical, it's not at all what is happening.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
How about congress lying to the public being a crime....

They repealed a law to make that legal, the Smith Mundt act.
Or the "We Can Lie To The Public With Impunity Act"
edit on 30-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thankfully the Admin is fighting back. COMEY clearly lied, and he's desperate to avoid answering questions before Congress next week.

LATEST: www.foxnews.com...

It's incredible that the Deep State is still so powerful. The protection success-rate of their members is 100%.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: TrueBrit

You've won a gold medal in mental gymnastics at the special Olympics, I see.

What he posted sounded rational to me.

Trump, if guilty of criminal activity, is an immediate and present danger.

Wheras the Clintons, Obama, the Bushes and Reagan etc, if guilty of criminal activity, pose no active threat.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thankfully the Admin is fighting back. COMEY clearly lied, and he's desperate to avoid answering questions before Congress next week.

LATEST: www.foxnews.com...

It's incredible that the Deep State is still so powerful. The protection success-rate of their members is 100%.

This is good, but there are some Republicans who need to take
this a step further. Prosecution.

This is where the DOJ pales in comparison to a Special Counsel,
and the reason is Mueller was given a very broad mandate that
was then embellished by Rod Rosenstein. Mueller has unlimited
funds, and unlimited scope. He will keep it up as long as his
master's tell him to.

The DOJ can't match that. Comey will skate, and every other
Democrat just like Clinton and her cabal.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Uh, wait a minute.........so Congress critters debating other Congress critters, that's "talking to Congress", if in the course thereof told a big porky.......the lying Congress critter could be prosecuted and sent off to jail?

Uh...............considering most of them only lie when they open their mouths to speak.........that would mean a whole lot more long, long silences in Congress!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Mostly they're called elections. We're the judges. But that would make for a pleasant change, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: chr0naut

Trump hasn't testified to congress so... He can't have lied to them in an illegal way.

Trump's state of the union address to the joint congress contained several untrue claims.

Trump made the claim that the drop in unemployment that happened after the election, but before his inauguration, was due to his policies. The drop in unemployment began before he was elected and continued through the period before his presidency and has slowed after he took office. So, an exaggeration there.

Trump also said that his policies would revitalize the domestic car industry and that GM were going to shut down a Mexican plant and move it to the US. At the time, GM had no plans to shut down the Mexican plant. They did have a proposal for a new plant in Ohio producing the same models. The fact is that GM are in the process of closing 9 of its 21 US plants and 3 plants outside of North America. It has already announced 14,000 jobs to be cut and estimates are that the final number will be close to 70,000. The knock-on effect of those job losses to the wider economy will mean 700,000 jobs outside of GM are likely to be affected. GM intend eventually for new models, using new tech, but models such as including the Chevrolet Volt, Impala and Cruze, the Buick LaCrosse, and the Cadillac CT6 and XTS will no longer be produced and many have already ceased production. Interestingly, the Mexican plant mentioned by Trump will ramp-up production.

So, Trump has said things that were untrue before congress, but he would likely argue that they weren't outright lies.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I thought that the CT-6 Hybred was going to become Cadillac's flagship model after the corporate restructure? Didi you hear differently, or was that comment just a generalized CT-6 model statement?

GM was pretty clear that going forward that their main focus was going to be of Hy-bred and fully electric vehicles, with automatous vehicles as a future plan to replace the mid-size SUV models when the technology is better perfected.

***BACK ON TOPIC***

If this is allowed to go through, the gates of hell will be openning up for a mess of former FBI, CIA, DOJ, SoS, and those involved in the last SCOTUS hearing.

edit on 30-11-2018 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: chr0naut

To be clear, Cohen has confessed and was convicted of:

- Tax fraud, evasion of personal income tax, 5 counts.
- Making false statements to a financial institution, 1 count.
- Unlawful corporate contributions, 1 count.
- excessive campaign contributions, 1 count.

He also confessed that he had lied to congress but has not been charged with that.

As ALWAYS, you obfuscate the truth and spin it to coincide WITH the commyDemocratic agenda. As you know, THERE
WAS NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF IT.
Any ComYnut can see that the game is over.

That particular post made no mention of anything Russian.

However, in previous posts I have mentioned the investigation is in progress. If they (Dems/Leftists/DOJ/the Judiciary/random space aliens) wanted to mouth off about their opponents, like Trump has, they could do that. These guys aren't using public opinion, they are gathering evidence. When and if they have sufficient evidence, they will act. Not before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join