It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now lying to congress is now enforced as a crime. Yay!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Can you say Junior? I knew that you could...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

This was exactly my first reaction also!!

I agree; it should be illegal to lie to congress and there should be penalties.

In the same breath, should Congress lie to the people there should be even bigger penalties!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are going after trump and they are getting trump because he is the criminal.

You backed the wrong horse.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They are going after trump and they are getting trump because he is the criminal.

You ignore the criminality of those with whom you share an ideology.

That is a statement of fact and only supports my assertion that we do not have equal justice under the law.

We are a 3rd world country with nicer shoes.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Grambler

To be clear, Cohen has confessed and was convicted of:

- Tax fraud, evasion of personal income tax, 5 counts.
- Making false statements to a financial institution, 1 count.
- Unlawful corporate contributions, 1 count.
- excessive campaign contributions, 1 count.

He also confessed that he had lied to congress but has not been charged with that.

As ALWAYS, you obfuscate the truth and spin it to coincide WITH the commyDemocratic agenda. As you know, THERE
WAS NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF IT.
Any ComYnut can see that the game is over.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

But they were still working on them in January of 2017... oops thats after he won...

Your reading comprehension is lacking again. Even the NYT said that it ended in June 2016, which was right around the time that Trump found out that he would be the Republican candidate for President.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Both horses in that election are criminals. Either choice was wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So, put another way, the fact is that Hillary and her criminal behaviour are not affecting the United States or the way it is run NOW.

BS! Hillary's criminal behavior is still playing out through all of her corrupt political allies in our government and courtrooms making it difficult for our current President to enforce our laws and protect American citizens. Political corruption at the top won't end until Hillary Clinton is made an example of. All of her 40+ "I don't recall" lies to the FBI aren't going to cut it any longer.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
since trump has alleged he has the dirt on Hillary you all crave - if he doesn't release it like he promised will you admit it most likely doesn't exist?

why havne't they released it or at least the very least investigated, again?

edit on 30-11-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

is the investigation over?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Hillary is supposed to be under investigation. John Huber is supposed to update Congress on the status of his investigation of the Clinton Foundation in the next week or so. If they find out that he's been sitting on his hands like Jeff Sessions did regarding Hillary, Congress and/or Trump will ask the new Attorney General to act, but he's going to have to get rid of Rod Rosenstein to keep any investigation from being tampered with.

edit on 30-11-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
since trump has alleged he has the dirt on Hillary you all crave - if he doesn't release it like he promised will you admit it most likely doesn't exist?

why havne't they released it or at least the very least investigated, again?

The British government has asked/begged Trump not to release.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

didn't trump just literally say he's going to release dirt on the dems?

that means they've got something, right? why not release?

so, the republican's will have to get rid of another republican so they can get this dirt that apparentely is right there, per trump? and, you beleive this? THAT sounds like banana republic type crap to me. lol

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's not "just now" that it's a crime. Lying to a congressional inquiry has always been a crime. Doesn't mean that everyone always gets punished for it. But it's always been a crime, nevertheless.

And I second the post about making congress lying to us a crime!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

but, once they can get rid of Rosenstein they'll release? why not now?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I really don't know.

Personally, I think it's all bullcrap, if Trump has evidence of illegal activities, he should release it and let law enforcement prosecute.

The whole of DC is dirty.

Just look at how no one talks about the congressional hush fund any more.

It's all bullcrap.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really don't know.

Personally, I think it's all bullcrap, if Trump has evidence of illegal activities, he should release it and let law enforcement prosecute.

It would seem the strategy of this administration revolves around timing.

If we are to continue to trust that Trump is attempting to drain the swamp and give government back to it's rightful owner - the People, then we must acknowledge that they will be released when the time is right.

Interesting times!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

lol

ya, like all that dirt he had regarding Obama's birth certificate.

why do you all fall for his lies? you do realize he makes you look foolish.. of course you do.

bring integrity back, jesus.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Rosenstein has always been part of the problem. Congress has been asking for documents from the DOJ for their investigations for a long time now and Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein weren't handing them over. That's part of the reason why Sessions is gone. I still haven't figured out why Rosenstein isn't gone yet, unless Trump thinks that getting rid of him would be as detrimental as getting rid of Mueller in the eyes of the Democrats. He's trying to satisfy the Democrats to a degree, but if it continues to hinder justice or progress towards justice, he'll pull the plug on all of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

a reply to: six67seven

lol

ya, like all that dirt he had regarding Obama's birth certificate.

why do you all fall for his lies? you do realize he makes you look foolish.. of course you do.

bring integrity back, jesus.

birth certificate? there are still questions about that and a couple of very detailed threads on ATS about it, where leftist clowns don't seen to be able to address directly with reasonable answers -- but that is no longer a priority at any level because the corruption of 2008-2016 clown is becoming a thing of the past.

but what does that have to do with this topic?

bring integrity back? in your mind, when do you believe we last had integrity as a government?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join