It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now lying to congress is now enforced as a crime. Yay!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: chr0naut

So whats the significance you’re trying to point out??? That he confessed?

What about the significance of Clappers lie (impacting the privacy of millions of Americans), of Brennan (deaths by drones), or Comey (leaking information) or Epstein (molesting children)???

We now know they lied...confessions aren’t necessary!

And they significantly affected people’s lives.

The selection of the application of our laws based on wealth, position, connection, etc must end.

This is beyond the realm of politics. It cuts at the core of our Republic.

We know that Trump lied, too.

As far as I can tell, there have been no upheld charges relating to lying to congress under oath, despite there being both evidence and admission. I'm not actually sure if there is established sentencing law regarding perjury before congress.

Nor does the commission of other crimes, by other people, exonerate anyone.

It does cut at the core of your republic.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm not actually sure if there is established sentencing law regarding perjury before congress.

18 U.S.C. § 1001 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1001. Statements or entries generally

codes.findlaw.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's double standard in D.C.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have said this forever. The game is long. For the last 2 years you had people perjuring themselves because the still believed that they were going to take down DJT.

Manafort has ALL the details on Podesta and his brother. They worked together. Cohen? No one sees this as a game too?

Would someone going to jail do this?

Link

Cohen financed the purchase with a $3.5 million mortgage, but rather than go to a bank, he went to the property’s developers. The partnership developing the high-rise includes Howard Lorber and Steve Witkoff, both close friends of Trump’s and big-time donors to his campaign.

All the players are lined up. Trump played it right. He did not remove people he let it go. Now, when the indictments start to hit there is not much that they can say. They will but it is just another reveal of those who were very close to getting away with what they all did during the election and prior.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I'm not actually sure if there is established sentencing law regarding perjury before congress.

18 U.S.C. § 1001 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1001. Statements or entries generally

codes.findlaw.com...

Looks like it, thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Does any statute of limitations apply here? I'm wondering if Bush jr could/would be charged with lying to congress over 911, Iraq, WMD and the Bush family using American tax payers dollars to fund a personal vendetta against an Iraq that humiliated the patriarch? Or are only establishment democrats immune?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey and Lynch had better keep this in mind when they testify next week! The TRUTH or JAIL.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It's interesting that lying to the public is just fine, though. Tell me this government isn't rotten when they can lie with impunity and then they're going to tell us that the government can police itself when they don't even give a damn about lying to the public on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
Does any statute of limitations apply here? I'm wondering if Bush jr could/would be charged with lying to congress over 911, Iraq, WMD and the Bush family using American tax payers dollars to fund a personal vendetta against an Iraq that humiliated the patriarch? Or are only establishment democrats immune?

Well WMD was there we have seen solid proof but people still parrot the lie. Chem weapons were used by Saddam and if you will recall they are WMD.

I see it as Bush went there to do the CIA father's bidding. To me the biggest criminal in America is Bush Sr.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The first half of your OP was doing so good then you just had to go "but what about" then drop a few names of people you assume are guilty of something while admitting the supposed guilt of lying was to the FBI, not Congress. Same thing, well not really nor is it proven or like in this instance confessed to.

My stance on any of them left right or middle is that if a law was broken then prosecute. If the evidence is there then prosecute.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If lying to congress is a crime then they all have to arrest each other.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I am with you, but the idiot left is against you. They are fine with only one side being punished. They aren't smart enough to comprehend "balance of power".

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Ok, lets just look at this from a different angle for a moment.

Of course you are right that EVERYONE who commits a crime, should be punished for doing so, assuming the law is not some asinine attack on freedom, like one which prevents the smoking of weed, the intake of trippy mushrooms, and so on. However, surely the priority must be to ensure that ONGOING criminal activity that affects the nation and the direction it is taken in by its leaders, is curtailed first and foremost?

If Hillary was President, for example, it would be imperative that her conspirators were bought down, her powerbase destroyed, eventually, her title removed from her, so that proceedings directly against her in a court of law, could begin. It would be priority, because having a criminal presiding over a nation is unacceptable. As it is, Trump is President, and is caught up in a criminal conspiracy, with many of his favoured friends facing serious charges and extensive sentences, relating to their activities as members and supporters of his campaign, and questions most certainly needing answered about his involvement in those criminal matters.

So, put another way, the fact is that Hillary and her criminal behaviour are not affecting the United States or the way it is run NOW, while Trumps criminality is absolutely having an effect, serious ones, and very damaging ones at that. Its a matter of priority and time pressure. Hillary can stew without risk to the nation. Trump needs taking on and taking out immediately, the sooner this happens, the more of the nations framework and underpinnings can be saved from his psychopathic, narcissistic tendencies. One of these things is an emergency. The other is a cold case.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You've won a gold medal in mental gymnastics at the special Olympics, I see.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Trump hasn't testified to congress so... He can't have lied to them in an illegal way.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Ok, which do you think has the greatest number of detectives working on it at any one time?

Cold case investigations of serial killers from the fifties to the seventies, or active investigations into ongoing murders by current nutters? Do you think that more resources and urgency are placed on the subject of decades old heist gangs, or do you think more resources are used to catch heist gangs operating right now? What about drug dealers and gangsters from the seventies or the sixties, when compared with drug dealers and gangsters of the current era?

You know why those old cases get de-prioritised and its not because trails get cold and solves get harder. Its because the perpetrators are mostly dead or incapacitated by age, and because the resources of the investigating body have to be used to combat ongoing crime, to minimise its impact on those it negatively effects.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Lol.... another day another b.s. post... yawn.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

He lied..... simple as that.... He lied....
Person #1.... I bet trump loves that part... will go down.
Russia connected to Corsi and Stone and now Cohen all trump associates.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

But they were still working on them in January of 2017... oops thats after he won...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its been under investigation for the past two years. Its not over yet. But we are getting a better idea about where Mueller is going with his investigation and where this is all going to wind up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join