It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now lying to congress is now enforced as a crime. Yay!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well it looks like trumps former lawyer Cohen is going down for allegedly lying to congress. Reports say that he could face up to five years behind bars, though it will probably be much less.

Lets not get into rather or not trump also lied or if Cohen is making this up to try to get a better deal from mueller.

For the sake of argument lets assume its true.

I say great!

Its refreshing to see laws we have on the books actually be enforced.

Now what Cohen lied about wasnt a huge deal. He lied about when a deal with moscow ended. He said january 2016, but it seems it went on until June of 2016.

The deal itself was perfectly legal, and the details werent really hidden from mueller or congress; only the timeframe.

But nonetheless, the law says lies to congress are criminal, and so he must be punished.

However, I notice many of the people celebrating this as some sort of huge victory over trump have ignored the problem with this; why is it only trump connected people that are chraged with these sorts of crimes?

Watch until 6 minutes in this video.

Clapper, comey brennan; all lied to congress, all are establishment trump haters, all recvieved no charges for crimes. We know that people connected to hillary such as Mills and abedin lied to the fbi, and fbi members also believed that hillary herself lied to the fbi, yet no charges brought.

It seems the pattern is growing.

manafort is connected to trump, so he is charged with failing to register as a foreign lobbyist. Podesta group is connected to hillary, so they were politely asked to retrocatively file paperwork to avoid criminal charges.

Over and over again, trump connected people are charged with the exact crimes that establishment people are allowed to walk for.

My contention form the begtining was that if trump and his people committed crimes, they should be held accountable. I just want to see the law equally applied to everyone in washington. If trump and his people go down for lying or foriegn lobbying, that is perfectly fine by me, and a great thing especially if it means all others in washington that do those things are charged as well. Finally the swamp would be drained!

Yet as those of us who warned of the corrupt establishment predicted, the laws will be selectively applied to go after perceived anti establishment people, while those connected to the establishment break the same laws with impunity.

So I say hooray! Mueller and his team, and the anti trumpers cheering this charge of cohen are now admitting that lying to congress is a crime worth charging.

I look forward to all of those groups charging the many many people who lie to congress, especially people with power like comey brennan clapper and many others.

I wont hoid my breath though, because we all know Mueller and this investigation isnt about enforcing laws fairly, its a witch hunt to get trump and his people because he was critical of the intel community and the establishment.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh and sorry I didnt do a video on this, but I will be livestreaming as always Friday at noon and will discuss this.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
How about congress lying to the public being a crime....

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Now what Cohen lied about wasnt a huge deal. He lied about when a deal with moscow ended. He said january 2016, but it seems it went on until June of 2016.

The deal itself was perfectly legal, and the details werent really hidden from mueller or congress; only the timeframe.

It doesn't look like the timeframe was really hidden from Congress either (just Mueller?). Donald Trump, Jr. testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee back in September 2017 that the negotiations for the Moscow Tower fell apart in June 2016.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Of course that would be nice

But heck let’s just take baby steps

I would be content with just the lying to Congress or fbi laws being applied equally

Though as we know, the chances of that happening are none

This is why I constantly say that the real problem isn’t getting trump or Hillary, it’s having corrupt and biased intel and investigative agencies

As long as they can apply these laws selectively, then it doesn’t matter who the people elect, they will all be forced to bow down to these agencies or be taken out by them

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is it any wonder that no one important has gone to jail over the past 2+ years? Is it any wonder that all this hooplah surrounding these controversies has done nothing more than polarize the country?

It's been tit for tat for over 2 years now with dozens of "bombshells" turning out to be duds over and over again. The narrative is going nowhere anytime soon and no one is going to jail anytime soon either. Wrestlers are paid to act like they hate each other, this whole farce is no different.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Scooter Libbyed one and all.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

1,000 flags and 1,000 stars for you!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

But heck let’s just take baby steps

WTF..?

I enjoy your posts, but this is ignorant.

If we take “baby steps”, it will be 50 trips around the Sun before we see righteous change.

Fu(k ‘em. Lynch ‘em everytime they pull this crap.

You want to serve the people and enjoy a large paycheck and benefits to boot? Sure, just understand your annual review may lead to your demise.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

To be clear, Cohen has confessed and was convicted of:

- Tax fraud, evasion of personal income tax, 5 counts.
- Making false statements to a financial institution, 1 count.
- Unlawful corporate contributions, 1 count.
- excessive campaign contributions, 1 count.

He also confessed that he had lied to congress but has not been charged with that.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

He also confessed that he had lied to congress but has not been charged with that.

That's not what ABC is saying...

Cohen is the first person charged by Mueller with lying to Congress, an indication the special counsel is prepared to treat that offense as seriously as lying to federal agents and a warning shot to dozens of others who have appeared before lawmakers.

abc7ny.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Somebody needs to explain why the Mueller/Cohen Plea Bargain is mostly innuendo and chock full of BS statements.

Something is not right.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Might as well face it.

Only people who aren't leftists get in trouble.

Banana Republic dude.

Equal justice under the law is a ####ing myth.

Bigfoot is more real than equal justice.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I guess we’ll wait 24 hrs or so to see if the local lefties will directly address the hypocrisy laid out in the OP ....

We don’t need to pile on with the fact that Cohen’s admission to lying has nothing to do with the scope of Mueller’s witc....investigation of Russian collusion...

So we wait...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So whats the significance you’re trying to point out??? That he confessed?

What about the significance of Clappers lie (impacting the privacy of millions of Americans), of Brennan (deaths by drones), or Comey (leaking information) or Epstein (molesting children)???

We now know they lied...confessions aren’t necessary!

And they significantly affected people’s lives.

The selection of the application of our laws based on wealth, position, connection, etc must end.

This is beyond the realm of politics. It cuts at the core of our Republic.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Man, how come Mueller isn't handing out immunity deals like candy?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

S+F.

It's one of those "Elephants in the room" that nobody "in power" ever acknowledges unless it has a tangible benefit for them. Politically, I mean.

Like when two opposing political candidates have a debate. They never, EVER get cornered and asked REAL questions. Hard questions. In most cases it's simply a performance, as opposed to Sauce for the Goose.

Of course, once again Tucker hits the nail squarely on the head, but just as we've come to expect, no one really listens, do they?

I mean, it's Fox News, so it has to be a bunch of crap, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What is happening right now is a national disgrace. We once held ourselves up, as a country, as a shining beacon of the first world. Now we have politicians calling for illegal immigration into our country to be okay and we have local politicians allowing violent protests to be completely without boundaries.

Salem circa 1692 had nothing on this butchering of truth happening today. In 200 years this will be seen as a dark time for America, not because of Trump, but because of the lengths to which the entrenched deep state would go to cling to power. The failure of media to be neutral will hold a large portion of this blame. Very sad days.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Also chaffetz referred Clinton for charges on lying to congress. Also no charges.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Very astute observation. I don't think the timeline was hidden from Mueller. Afterall the charge is lying to congress. What's really going on is unequal application of the law. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I'd like to see some of these people *ahem corsi*, Sue Mueller and his band for crazy prosecutors for unequal application of the law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join