It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not like Twitter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah ok, so you have no issue with Trump helping to fund Twitter but you have an issue with Twitter itself? That's not a very consistent standpoint you've got there.

If it weren't for Twitter you wouldn't have a direct line to Trump outside of the media, right? On one hand you praise Trump for bypassing the media but on the other you are bashing the platform he chose to use. Make up your mind.

I know everything is being set up to make everyone look like a hypocrite but try to rise above it and be consistent in your beliefs. At least try.

I enjoy what Trump says, I just don't care for the stationary he uses.

You obviously want a balloon animal too.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Haha. A balloon animal. So funny!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You like Trump so much that you'll ignore your supposed morals and values even when they conflict with what you say? Why not petition Trump to get off of Twitter?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm still trying to figure out if he uses Twitter because if he isn't witnessing this happening for himself I wonder where he is sourcing this information?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Don't you ever get tired of insulting others for no reason other than they don't agree with you? Are you sure you're not toysfortots?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

don't post if you don't want to be challenged

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: toysforadults

I just see it as them running their business how they like, seems like a right wing snowflake is whining and crying to me

It has been mentioned before that if they want to run their business like a church of progressive thought only, then that's how they need advertise themselves. They should not advertise themselves as a platform open to any and all because they clearly are not.

Since when has advertising been truthful?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Isn't that pretty much at least 75% of the content posted on here nowadays? Libtard this, nazi that, etc.

I find it strange that you participate on this forum yet are only calling out one person for doing what most of the more prominent members do on a daily basis. In fact he was responding to an insult directed at me, so what are you talking about? You can literally go into almost any thread and see any number of people insulting others for not agreeing with them.

You can stop clutching your pearls now.
edit on 11/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about him. He post what 2 sentences?

In 2 sentences he contradict himself. In one he criticized me for insulting people and then in the next sentence insults me.

I just figured it is so hilarious I wouldn't bring it up.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes I agree, just that some are much more consistent and non stop with their BS than others, but hey, ya'll carry on.
edit on 29-11-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So now you know how we feel when people constantly insinuate that we are "libtards" and "traitors" simply because we don't like Trump. You're right, some are much more consistent in their BS around here and those same people seem to get the most exposure and support on here.
edit on 11/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Your argumentative mindset is really just getting childish. Not everything has to be black or white. Believe it or not, it is actually perfectly fine and normal to like something in general (idea/product/person), while at the same time disliking some aspects of that something. The OP is simply stating that when it comes to providing a non-partisan social discussion platform in which all view points/ideologies are accepted, ATS is better than Twitter. Because ATS doesn't ban people for "wrong-think", whereas Twitter (whether or not they're consistent in doing so) have clearly been documented doing so.

End of story. The OP is correct in his assessment and you/toy are just proving yourself childish fools by the way you're desperately grasping at straws to try and turn this against the OP and ATS. Up to you, but if ATS is seriously angering you this much (deny it all you want but it's obviously getting under your seemingly paper-thin skin) I really think you should do yourselves a favor and have some chill time.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Haha. Now you are a child of you disagree with "them".

Thanks mom! Or dad whatever.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

ATS hasn't gotten under my skin, I just simply call it how I see it. ATS had turned into a media aggregate site and is no longer "alternative" even in ther loosest definition of the word. People on here have traded conspiracy theories with what the media shoves down their throats constantly. People are reacting just how "they" want them to, talking about exactly what was drawn up in "their" psyop.

This place really does deny ignorance these days, its own.
edit on 11/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
No son, if you take a bit of time to read better, I said "childish mindset" - and not because you disagree with "us" - but because your making childish arguments to try and paint us as something we're not. Like your reply just now for example, perfect example son - thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Basically, your mad that people are changing their way of thinking to something you disapprove of, and there's too many of us here that don't think like you (the correct way of course) - and so now ATS is evil and is just a crappy right-wing "media aggregate site". Gotcha.

edit on 30/11/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Bahaha. Please. Thanks for the schooling mommy dearest.

Sorry anyway. Going back to check Fox News for an update on how I'm suppose to feel about Twitter.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

We still love you! Even after all these years.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Basically, your mad that people are changing their way of thinking to something you disapprove of, and there's too many of us here that don't think like you (the correct way of course) - and so now ATS is evil and is just a crappy right-wing "media aggregate site". Gotcha.

You don't find it odd that a conspiracy website like this one is regurgitating media stories like they are truth?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

It feels very similar like any other social media to me. Most threads are now filled with back and forth one liners, which used to be against the rules here, but it's no longer enforced. Users here get a dopamine high off the stars they gain just like they would like with hearts and retweets on twitter. So one line snarky comments will get 50 something stars with minimum effort put into the post. People will always find confirmation bias no matter where they call their home.

As far as banning goes I don't really pay attention to that.

Really miss how the old ATS was. I guess I will try and put some thought into my posts and hope others come around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join