It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physics of Peeing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Finally scientists researched something really useful for we men. I always go #1 at 01:30 AM and need to leave all clean as found before going back to bed. I hate cleaning pee.

As anyone who has potty trained a toddler or lived with a bunch of guys knows, pee splash-back is a costly act: It takes a toll on the bathroom floor and anyone standing nearby.

While there may be little hope for toilet splash-back, with exception of being a really sharp shooter, scientists have found that regarding peeing at a urinal, there's some real room for improvement.

Enter the Splash Lab at Brigham Young University, where researchers are trying to figure out how to prevent urinal splash-back. Fluid dynamics scientist Randy Hurd and his graduate adviser, Tadd Truscott, created a model of the male urethra on a 3D printer — a cylinder measuring 0.31 inches by 0.12 inches (8 millimeters by 3 millimeters). The urethra was attached to a pressurized container with tubing. The team sent a steady stream of dyed water through the tubing at a urine flow rate equivalent to that of a middle-age man, or about 0.7 ounces per second (21 milliliters per second). [See Video of the Pee Splash-Back Experiment]

www.livescience.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Pee in a bathtub...

...zero splash-back if the tub is deep enough.

I do recommend waiting for your wife to get out of the tub, before letting it fly.

Mistakes were made...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Why the corkscrew twist in the urine stream? Is my urethra rifled like a gun barrel?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: Trueman

Why the corkscrew twist in the urine stream? Is my urethra rifled like a gun barrel?

The rifled urethra is clearly the next step in human evolution...

...although, a rifled rectum would be far more useful. Teach those poo-flinging zoo monkeys who's higher up the ol' ladder.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Splash back is caused by the silly way the Americans make toilet bowls.

We don't have the problem with Aussie toilets.

You don't need so much water in the bowl.

I shudder to think of the tsunami when going plop plop.

P

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've never understood how people have a problem keeping their piss in the the toilet bowl or urinal. It's absolutely rediculous the amount of piss I see on the floors in public toilets, and it's even more annoying when I've actually got to take a # and have to throw a bunch of toilet paper on the ground scoot it around with my foot just to get it somewhat dried up. Then, I have to watch to make sure my pants don't touch remaining piss while at the same time making sure my dick doesn't touch the toilet bowl or water.

It's not even that hard. If you're pissing into a toilet bowl, use some toilet paper and lift the seat. Aim for the middle and don't whip it around like a damned toddler. If you're using a urinal piss on the waffle or along the side so the stream doesn't hit the surface on a flat angle.

I don't even know why people can't be bothered to wipe off the seat with toilet paper.Probably a piss-poor attitude about not caring about others. Also, what about the people who work there? It's like they don't even bother cleaning these spaces anymore. I walked into one last weekend, and someone had wiped # all over the walls, the toilet, the floor, and the sink. I wanted to think it was just some immature child, but there's just no telling. It could have been a grown man.

It's a great thing the women's restroom was clean.
edit on 29-11-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Corrected of to off.

edit on 29-11-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Corrected another spelling error.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The amount of water used is mandated by Congress, so now all new toilets (0ver the last few decades) must meet these mandates. All that means is that you have to flush three times instead of once. Another example of government making our lives easier.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

P

Aussie's use the toilet? The bombing splash is an weird sensation to be sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The bottom is too shallow, and the "pee" isnt yellow!

This is JUNK SCIENCE!

They should have commissioned only Official UN IPCC Climate Scientists to conduct this study.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

P

Aussie's use the toilet? The bombing splash is an weird sensation to be sure.

That's why you quick peel a few squares of TP and lay them across the water surface before you sit down.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I always knew peeing standing up was a beautiful thing, but this takes it to a whole new level.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If You continue to 'splash the pot' then just get in touch w/Your personal "Yin" and sit down to pee, but way more important than that? PUT THE SEAT DOWN!!!!

Stay Hydrated... (Unless Your prostate is the size of a sunflower seed, in that case, don't take in any liquids after 1900 hrs. and start using Coconut oil as this will help keep You hydrated and make Your skinsuit shine...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
••• Great Advice does NOT include using a Public Hoop; No Dice! Either pinch it off or wait until You get home, there You can let 'er rip. Sit down @Home and "Hover" whilst out and about...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Dont play peekaboo for too long.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sicko! When you have no water in the bowl, a deuce will lay up. We all know a sinker does not emit as much odor under water. I guess y’all like your own scent and prefer to marinate in it. Haha!
I’ll take a slight splash over the lay up any day!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Besides lumberjacks need water to be able to do a logger.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Or just sit and pee like a civilized person. I can't stand to use a urinal. Who wants splashback, or to smell their pee? No thanks.

Peeing while standing is only for when outdoors, and well away from an actual bathroom when you need it. (and preferably somewhere in private, as nobody wants to see that....)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What about the split-streamers.
How does that even happen?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I bet I could piss 15 ft.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
4.5 meters for ya Poms.

new topics

top topics