It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attitude problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ok,
Im a new member to ATS, but I have alot to share. That is why I joined the site, to share information.

Some people do not like what i say and think, but, i post because I have been places, and seen things that few others have ever done.

What i did not expect was the immature, snipey remarks, and just plain rudeness and nastiness that i would encounter...

Its made me hold back on alot of the things i know, and im reluctant to share any more, becasue of this attitude...

for instance, i have a 1988 paper article, naming names, places and dates of a very credible anti gravity engine.

I have done alot of research into it, and yet, when i share it with folks here on ATS, all i get is, BS!, fake...stupid photo shop....lol.
If this is the way ATS is, then I am afraid i will be very wary to share any thing i find with any one in future.

Ill just stick to articles on the web, and if i have any thing new and interesting in my own rsearch, well im going to be wary of sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ok...I dont have a problem with you, or your posts. Actualy, I think your posts are really great. But to a lot of us on ats, as you deminstrated inthe chat, it seems like your the one that needs to adjust their attitude. Please don't take this the wrong way, im just offering a bit of advice.

Take care,

-J

JAK

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey MadGrimbo, you are bound to come across vertain people who will doubt your assertions here. ATS, as you will no doubt have seen even in your relatively brief stay so far, does tend to attract some who are prone to making outrageous claims.

Unfortunately this may well have led many members to automatically assume a position of strong scepticism, a fact which I am sure you can appreciate.

Perhaps you might also consider that at least part of the problem may be the manner in which you make such assertions and greet any vocalisation that presumes to differ.

Hope this helps, keep plugging away.

Jack

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know if you're referring to Aliens & UFO posts or what, but here's our objective there: No More Scoffing And Ridicule

But that doesn't mean not to expect some skepticism (even fierce) on occasion. Just don't let a little snarkiness get to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There will always be those that have the mentality that...."I won't believe till I see it dead" Do you know what I mean? I swear sometimes that I think a real alien could post a photo of himself on here and the photoshop screamers, as I call them, would come running out....I have wondered so many times, what information we may of not learned because no one can open their mind enough to think..."hey, it might be on the up and up....ya never know what some one else might really know, or have experienced. I have experience many, many things that I do not share here in the UFO and Paranormal forums.....but not just became of the nay Sayers, but for other reasons too....

Just let me say that not everyone is that way here ATS....and there are many others lurking and reading that may be learning something.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the real world MadGrimbo.

Sorry, but personally I don't accept anything from a photo as "fact". Neither should you. Just because members don't accept your posts as 100% factual without comment just shows that the "test everything" rule is being followed. Imagine what an aweful site ATS would be if we all just agreed with any poster.

In the real world, expect to be challanged, if you see challange as a personal threat, then maybe you need to grow a thicker skin, or get more facts to back your position.

However you have made some good posts, from what i have read, people don't like what Ihave to say, but it doesn't stop me from saying it.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have no problem with being challenged, or questioned at all. In fact, as I hope you can see, i actually strive to answer all of peoples questions as i can...

But it was this one instance, where i have gone way out of my way, e-mailing people film clips, clippings and papers i have, to get a return of...yeah ok man, you photo shopped this/ you faked this/ you a BS man...

It just made me very disillusioned thats all.... im not saying i expect to be believed, but i do expect people to actually go away and think about thinks before sending me stupid / nasty / dumb comments.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, simply put, there are a lot of... show can I put it ... non-adults on our site. That is why sometimes some people might act immature and rude, although there are also more respectable members that do the same. So in the end just dont worry about it. But just remember to back what you are saying, otherwise you have nothing...

[edit on 25-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think the idea of ATS is a great one, but some high ranking members of staff seem to ignore the "little" guys which could be it's downfall in the long run. We all know how web trends work and nothing lasts forever.

You need to support the people that support you.

I'm not going to mention any names, but after contacting a member several times about important matters - and being ignored and having posts deleted by this member.. it makes me question why I am here. I have spoken to other members who also feel like this.

I'm not here to bitch about things, but why do I find myself typing this?

Again, idea of ATS is a great one.. I feel like some people are too big for their boots, and maybe fear members that know about the industry than them.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If you're talking about the DARPA paper and my assertion that it wasn't a "Not to be released document" then say so now.

Mad, you seem to have a problem also with chat. You will notice there are differant rooms. This could be inferred as these rooms will have differant purposes. Your complaints about The Pub earlier today are, quite honestly, bunk. That's a room for chatting, not for serious talk. Move to another room to show you want to discuss serious things. You will notice this is what we did yesterday.

Your stuff is interesting. I will say that. But you need to realise that someone who challenges your product is not personally having a go at you.

Regards.

D9.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Sorry, but personally I don't accept anything from a photo as "fact". Neither should you. Just because members don't accept your posts as 100% factual without comment just shows that the "test everything" rule is being followed. Imagine what an aweful site ATS would be if we all just agreed with any poster.

Agreed.
Some members might say, from the NWO section, its takes a lot for me to believe something. I do have an open mind, but i don't believe everything that i read or see. Majorities of things can be faked, especially photo's.

I think the idea of ATS is a great one, but some high ranking members of staff seem to ignore the "little" guys which could be it's downfall in the long run. We all know how web trends work and nothing lasts forever.

What do you mean "ignore the little guy"? some members have been here for 2 + years and the chances are we have read certain threads numerous times. Also, we tend to stick to certain areas and only reply to certain threads. Some, mods for example, are too busy sometimes to reply (SkepticOverlord is always busy to reply)

I'm not going to mention any names, but after contacting a member several times about important matters - and being ignored and having posts deleted by this member.. it makes me question why I am here. I have spoken to other members who also feel like this.

Again, that member is probably too busy to reply to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Again, that member is probably too busy to reply to you.

It gets to a point (after months of trying to get some contact) that I start thinking it's all about "face" and not real issues. Fair enough, people are busy but after months it just seems rude.

I enjoy ATS but I do think it is a mirror of society, with a select few (the strong) controling the masses (the weak), and those who step out of line or speak out of turn about the "system" are silenced or labeled.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
When we first begin to make statements in a media such as this or any other, a lot of us are struck by the severity of the criticism with which we are suddenly confronted.

This is normal... try to write an article in your local newspaper or become an instant celebrity in your hometown because you were interviewed for something on the local TV channel and you will experience the same kind of thing.

We are all used to the 'face to face' politeness which is part of actual socializing...we smile and agree when in our minds we actually don't...but here on a huge board like ATS, all such reserve goes out the window and people express their opinions directly.

I found this out the hard way...and now I take care what I post and how I post it.

That's an improvement, IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
It gets to a point (after months of trying to get some contact) that I start thinking it's all about "face" and not real issues. Fair enough, people are busy but after months it just seems rude.

ive been here nearly two years and i've U2U SkepticOverlord like 20 times in that space. I only got one reply. Its not rude, people are busy. Its the same with Banshee too, she is extremely busy too to reply to members.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Communicating through text is not an easy way to emote.
I find when I am grumpy then many people seem like they are rude or whatever. If you are having a bad day I recommend that with every post you read pretend the writer is smiling.

Like this

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Its the same with Banshee too, she is extremely busy too to reply to members.

Hey, I try my best.....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo

What i did not expect was the immature, snipey remarks, and just plain rudeness and nastiness that i would encounter...

to quote the matrix

"welcome to the real world."

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Its the same with Banshee too, she is extremely busy too to reply to members.

Hey, I try my best.....

i no you do and it wasnt a dig out you,
im just highlight the quality work you do

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
MadGrimbo your going to have to grow a thick skin you will find that 80% of peoples arguments will fall apart once logic is applyed. I dont think I have read any of your posts mind you I avoid the topic of aliens and UFOs.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Attitude problem? I don't have a f*ing attitude problem! That's just my personality.

But seriously, there are always people that are going to disagree with you from the very first sentence of your statement. This does not mean that your ideas do or do not have merit, but rather those particular individuals are not open to the idea that you are pitching regardless of the proof that you present.

In conclusion, I disagree with you. Unless this is a trick and you are using reverse psychology. Then I agree with you. That should fix your wagon.

new topics

top topics

join