It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerks Who Mock People's Names and the Parents Who Enable That Mockery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: seeker1963

Wait sounds like employee was a woman? Yep we found another Lexus or Bentley. Has to take it out on kids because she still is one.

I thought it was a man! Who the hell knows these days?

Article refers to employee as a 'she.' But you're right. It could be any one of those genders out there!

I also bet she's declining interviews because her name is something equally dumb like Mnlop (pronounced Emmanelope.)

edit on 29-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Laughing in her face like that was wrong but honestly some folk just have funny names.

I once met a guy whose second name was cockmouth, like his actual legal surname.

Trying to keep a straight face was kinda difficult.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: watchitburn

Wait ... isn't that supposed to be Augustus's line?

I've been collecting hooker parts for far longer than I've been a member of this site.

And it's not like there's not enough to go around.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: seeker1963

Wait sounds like employee was a woman? Yep we found another Lexus or Bentley. Has to take it out on kids because she still is one.

I thought it was a man! Who the hell knows these days?

It's like that awkward moment when you're reading the article about the resident of the month and you realize it's a man but when they mention his spouse, the name is definitely masculine, so you assume there is likely a mistake (senior complex and all), but because of the times you can't assume so you have to word your customer service question very carefully.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We are going off the mothers word that he picked on her. What if it was a giggle when realizing her name. Then looked at the mother and said "may I take a photo to show my friends?" Somehow he got hold of their boarding pass and took the photo. I don't think the guy would have ripped it out of her hands. It was handed to him. Now the mom knowing of other airline debacles from her social media account thought to herself. That giggle was a laugh directed at her daughter. "How dare you make fun of a child." "This will go viral." As she says in her head...and by god.

I first heard of the this story on the talk. Don't ask me why it was on I have no clue but in one of my glances this story took place. The crap that came out of their mouths...

If I came across an abcity and it was spelled like abcde. We would all have the same reaction. We giggle and be taken back so bad it would show. Now this self entitled liberal/millennial witch has the nerve to not only ruin her daughter; which is probably used to it by now seeing as any teacher would have the same reaction, is using this for her own personal pleasure. And guess what. She got it.

I don't blame the man.

The mom is stupid.

The child will probably change her name when she can because Abcde is completely retarded.

I blame the liberal media giving something this stupid and mediocre airtime.

I wonder if she too has a go fund me now.

Oh and lastly. Abcde comes off as a misspelled word...lmao

This is just my opinion and it's value is worthless. It's just an opinion.
edit on 29-11-2018 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
collin packer ... real name google it

some people hate there kids

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see a few angles on this one. Firstly, yes it's weak for an adult to mock a kid within his or her earshot. It might even border on cruel which says more about how big an asshole the guy is and that he's # at his job working with the public.

Another way is, thanks to mom, the girl might as well start getting used to it. A thick skin and come backs will help her through the tweens and high school. Let's hope she doesn't have a bit of clumsiness or can't do maths. The name will be a burden if she isn't cool and a kickass positive if she is.

And mom? She'll say it's dumb to make fun of names and she's right. Problem is it's happened since Gaybraham Lincoln and Adolf #ler. "People are so cruel" will be on her lips for 14-15 years and all over the whimsical moment when she thought Abcde will be a fun name.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Would have been a wonderful moment to ask the little girl :

"And how do you say your name, sweetie? Oh that's very pretty."

But what do I know?

Maybe I'm just wistful for the Greatest Generation way about things.

That Flight Attendant was a bitch.

edit on 11/29/18 by GENERAL EYES because: minor brain fart

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

My guess is she asks teachers to call her "Abby" when she starts school and avoids the full name by doing so. I knew a couple kids in school that disliked their given names for non-obvious reasons who did that.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

My guess is she asks teachers to call her "Abby" when she starts school and avoids the full name by doing so.

You're right and it made me smile. The kid will have to compensate for the mom.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
just my opinion - but the stupid parents - have been waiting 5 years for this day to come - so they can have thier " moment " of glorious outrage - 15 seconds of "fame " and of course - payday

the cockwombles are " victims " of curcumstances they alone created

they [ parents ]] should be forcably renamed - and the child allowed to chose a new one

dumb child names = abuse

ETA - further IMHO it is utterly iconceivable that this is the first time " poor " little ABCDE has been mocked for her parents stupidity - BUT airlines have deep pockets so here we are - they couldnt sue little johnny obnoxious from kindergaten - cos his dad only makes 40k working in a factory - but now they have a blue chip company lined up - SCORE !
edit on 30-11-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Worst "creative" name I've ever come across was when my mother used to work at a drugstore and I'd pop in there from time to time. My mother used to work in the photo department back when they still developed film rolls in abundance, and one of her frequent customers was a young lady named Pepsi. "Oh, you're Ms. So-and-so's daughter? Hi! I'm Pepsi!" "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name..." "It's Pepsi. Like the soda brand...I really don't know what my parents were thinking." You poor woman.

I felt sorry as a kid for the classmate I had named Daffodil. Everybody called her Daffy Duck, and she thoroughly despised her name. I wonder if she ever changed it when she grew up?

Picking the first 5 letters of the alphabet takes the cake, however. That mom needs whacked with the clue-by-four.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My guess is she asks teachers to call her "Abby" when she starts school and avoids the full name by doing so. I knew a couple kids in school that disliked their given names for non-obvious reasons who did that.

Odds are high she just might, if it's an established nickname already.

My younger daughter has a classical name, with derived classical nicknames used, but she prefers to go by the toddler nickname her older sister gave her through mispronunciation butchering. It's quite pretty, and definitely not all that unusual. Has a slight ethnic ring to it, if anything. She really does not like her given name, seldom responds to it, and is dead-set on changing her name legally to her nickname when she's an adult. Don't try telling her the name on the birth certificate is her name, because she'll argue it's not her name until she's blue in the face, lol.

If poor little Abcde decides Abby is more "her", she'll go with it, and maybe staunchly.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Johnny Cash wrote/sang *A boy named Sue* the gist of which was it would

toughen up the boy to face life?

I like to think of giving a child a name to live up to .......

As for pronouncing names, I wrestled with this one for a long time *Angharad*

also this being an American site much of my words 'ou' and z and s come up as

misspellings.

I for one like the (made up) name *Abcde*
and I'm sure it will add grit to

her character as she matures.
Too many snowflakes in todays world.

ETA. Perhaps its just as well I'm well past childbearing age?

edit on 30-11-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Worst "creative" name I've ever come across was when my mother used to work at a drugstore and I'd pop in there from time to time. My mother used to work in the photo department back when they still developed film rolls in abundance, and one of her frequent customers was a young lady named Pepsi. "Oh, you're Ms. So-and-so's daughter? Hi! I'm Pepsi!" "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name..." "It's Pepsi. Like the soda brand...I really don't know what my parents were thinking."

Not that odd?

Pepsi & Shirlie are an English pop duo group who released two albums, All Right Now in 1987 and Change in 1991. Their debut single "Heartache" reached No. 2 in the UK Singles Chart. Although most active in the 1980s, they continue to perform in the 2000s.

en.wikipedia.org...

Named after her perhaps?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

One begins to wonder what mom's name was and how hard a time she had learning spell it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I agree people shouldn't make fun of a 5 year old's name but the parents are only stroking their egos when they give a child such a moronic name.

Robert, huh? Maybe you could have gone with Gut Ripper von Knife in Belly. Very last-frontier-ish.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

i believe in france the government give you a list of names to choose from left to their own devices some people cant be trusted

This of course, is even MORE wrong than giving your kid a stupid name.

Though, this is coming from a guy who named a cat "Ciatee" (pronounced as the letters, C - A - T)....and a dog "Diogee" (pronouced as the letters, D - O - G).....(both must be said with an Italian accent, to keep folks from catching on too quick)....
edit on 30-11-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I've encountered two "Nevaeh"s ("Heaven" spelled backwards) among my kid's classmates. The Excorcist taught me the devil likes to turn Christian things backwards or upside down so it makes me wonder what the parents were thinking.
edit on 11 30 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Though, this is coming from a guy who named a cat "Ciatee" (pronounced as the letters, C - A - T)....and a dog "Diogee" (pronouced as the letters, D - O - G).....(both must be said with an Italian accent, to keep folks from catching on too quick)....

That's fine, but if you name your kid Biabee you need a smack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join