It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerks Who Mock People's Names and the Parents Who Enable That Mockery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
abc7.com...

A Southwest Airlines gate agent at John Wayne Airport is accused of being awful in front of a five-year old girl - and on social media - because of her unique name.

The girl's mother says the agent made fun of the name and even posted a photo of her boarding pass on social media for others to chime in.

Five-year-old Abcde Redford pronounces her name "ab-city."

There is no joy to be found here, especially for the adorable little girl who's in the middle of it all. Don't let my thread title fool you, the SW Airlines employee(s) who mocked this 5 year old's name is a raging asshole and deserves a class in basic tact. If you're an adult, you don't make fun of a child, period. You especially don't do it when the child is sitting right there. The dude deserves to be publicly ridiculed and embarrassed over that. That said, why do parents do this? Why name your kid something so outside of the box that their name will ultimately become more of a centerpiece to people than the child, herself is? It's not cute when celebs do it, it leaves us with nonsense like Pilot Inspektor Lee, Peaches Honeyblossom, Pixie, and FiFi Trixiebelle Geldof, Blanket Jackson, Jermjesty Jackson, and Sage Moonblood Stallone... We've reached an era in which traditional names for kids are the rarity. My son's name is Robert... in 12 years we've yet to run into another Robert close to his age. He, with his name (taken from his Grampa) that was so ridiculously commonplace 50 years ago is now one of the few in his generation with that name. Parents need to think things through a lot better on these topics and stop mistaking their kids as hipster accessories.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The mother is an idiot and attention whore! Poor kid and screw the sw employees

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have a very easy first and last name, (think of something along the line of Jane Jones)
like as easy as you can get. You would not believe how people
butcher it, and nobody can spell it. I can't even imagine what people do with a hard or unique name!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OK, I'll cop to having fun with names. I see a lot of them in my position. But I'm not right in front of the people when I pass those names on.

Today's best name was the last name Moredick. Talk about a bad name in today's world and it's not like you can do much about it if it's your last name.

Another fav of mine was the poor lady named Latrina. Sounds like such a pretty name ... until you realize it sounds like a feminization of latrine.

Our kiddo has a double legacy name. His first name is my mother's maiden name and his middle name is his paternal grandfather's middle name. This was all more or less worked out years ago. Unfortunately for him, his first name became a popular girl's name thanks to Taylor Swift. Yes, he's a Taylor. So he sometimes deals with that now.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

A Southwest Airlines gate agent at John Wayne Airport

Punishment served.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
OK, I'll cop to having fun with names. I see a lot of them in my position. But I'm not right in front of the people when I pass those names on.

I worked with a lady named Semen Ho,
I am dead serious. People in the office were so uncomfortable they tried to pronounce it differently (Saay-mun) and she would correct them.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I worked with a lady named Semen Ho,
I am dead serious. People in the office were so uncomfortable they tried to pronounce it differently (Saay-mun) and she would correct them.

BWAHAHAHA that’s Fing hilarious!!!
I make fun of peoples names all the time. Hell I even. Make fun of my name. Michael...guess who named me. The freaking nurse helped deliver me cause my dad was wasted and my mom was stupid and told her she could.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I interviewed a girl named Lexus.
Image the jokes she heard in school...

I'd take her for a test drive..
Wonder what's under the hood?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Agreed,
Don't make fun of little kids like that.

But her parents should be taken out back and beaten with a hose.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lexus, that's one reason right there women should frequent female strip clubs! If I had $5 for every stripper who goes by that name I could most likely buy a new car!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That kills me too,
Naming girls bently, mercedes, flowerpie...it pretty much just pigeonholes them into being strippers or hookers, and then they end up in my basement.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes, some blame has to attach to unthinking parents. E.g. those naming children after every single member of a winning football team, as happened at least once in England in 1966.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Guy works at the airport and never seen a dumb name before?

Also what kind of grown ass man acts that way?

edit on 29-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Guy works at the airlines and never seen a dumb name before?

Also what kind of grown ass man acts that way?

Most likely one who shows up at protests wearing a pink hat whining about intolerance and bullying.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Wait ... isn't that supposed to be Augustus's line?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I know this isn’t the direction you want to go with this, but...
I always chuckle at the end of certain tv shows written by
Norm Hiscock.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Wait sounds like employee was a woman? Yep we found another Lexus or Bentley. Has to take it out on kids because she still is one.

edit on 29-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

Wait ... isn't that supposed to be Augustus's line?

It is. And we've all seen it a hundred thousand times.

It was funny when it wasn't expected.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i believe in france the government give you a list of names to choose from left to their own devices some people cant be trusted

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: seeker1963

Wait sounds like employee was a woman? Yep we found another Lexus or Bentley. Has to take it out on kids because she still is one.

I thought it was a man! Who the hell knows these days?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join