It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tend to agree now we know what Brexit entails.

I cant see how it could hurt given the fiasco its been so far.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"2 years later if the will of the people is still the same"

no.
the vote was 2 years ago.
this attitude is like a kid that doesnt want to go to bed.
the damage is done now.
we will be punished whatever happens now.
if we accept mays stitch up by next year the paperwork will be through.
we will be a vassal state.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

The kid simply wants to know what the time is first.

Quite a reasonable request, unless of course, the parent cannot tell the time.

Can Mrs May and her cabinet tell the time?

I think not to be honest. LoL

Like i said, given the exceptionally close first referendum results, another referendum in not beyond the realms of possibility.

Especially so if the we are sure the will of the people will remain the same. Quite a reasonable request really given the spurious debacle Brexit has been so far.
edit on 30-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tend to agree now we know what Brexit entails.

I cant see how it could hurt given the fiasco its been so far.

It would hurt because in a democracy you can't just overturn the will of the people without undermining democracy itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Plenty of second referendums have been had in other so-called democratic nations.

All the same, the UK is a monarchy not a democracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Plenty of second referendums have been had in other so-called democratic nations.

All the same, the UK is a monarchy not a democracy.

Nearly all western countries are liberal democracies. Uk is a liberal democracy with a constitutional monarchy.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The notion of the democratic process in this country is a crap shoot hence the existence of the house of lords.

They pretty much decide what laws get passed and what constitutes democracy in the U.K make no mistake.

Like i said through plenty of second referendums have been had in other so-called democratic nations, so the president for such certainly exists.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So were you against Ireland’s second vote on the Lisbon treaty, are you against a second Scottish independence referendum?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So were you against Ireland’s second vote on the Lisbon treaty, are you against a second Scottish independence referendum?

I think that given a fair amount of time a second referendum is ok, so long as the first results were given a chance. But proposing second referendum on a hunch is banana republic territory.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, the proposed deal is also the domain of a banana republic imho. LoL

Aside from the price tag estimated to be in the region of £35bn and £39bn!

Whats wrong with a second referendum to establish the veracity of the will of the people?

Tell you this, another referendum won't cost us £40bn but Brexit might, plus a whole lot more in the long run.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

I think that given a fair amount of time a second referendum is ok, so long as the first results were given a chance. But proposing second referendum on a hunch is banana republic territory.

So how much time, who gets to dictate how much time.

The truth is a there is nothing undemocratic about a second brexit referendum, it’s actually the purest essence of democracy to go to the people for a referendum and ask what they want.

It would be against democratic principles to ignore the will of the people, a second referendum is not ignoring them it’s giving us another chase, a final say now that we know with much more clarity what brexit will look like.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, the proposed deal is also the domain of a banana republic imho. LoL

Aside from the price tag estimated to be in the region of £35bn and £39bn!

Whats wrong with a second referendum to establish the veracity of the will of the people?

Tell you this, another referendum won't cost us £40bn but Brexit might, plus a whole lot more in the long run.

Suppose they voted the other way, would you suggest another referendum then? To establish the veracity of the will of the people?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The truth is a there is nothing undemocratic about a second brexit referendum, it’s actually the purest essence of democracy to go to the people for a referendum and ask what they want.

It would be against democratic principles to ignore the will of the people, a second referendum is not ignoring them it’s giving us another chase, a final say now that we know with much more clarity what brexit will look like.

No, overturning the will of the people because some don't like the results is surely not democratic. It's totalitarian.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No, overturning the will of the people because some don't like the results is surely not democratic. It's totalitarian.

It’s not overturning the will of the people though.

It’s giving us, the people, a second say, that’s all.

And it’s got nothing to do with not liking the results and everything to do with the best interests of the nation. No-deal is worst case for the UK, it’s like proper disaster stuff, we have the NHS having to stockpile meds, chaos in the Irish boarder, a 8% cut in economic growth, lob loses, chaos at ports and airports, the lost goes on.
edit on 30-11-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Best out of 3 eh?

Sound like 5 a sides. LoL

Things change mate, Brexit did not just go breasts up, its pretty much unimplementable in its present form, and "May" well sink this nation into socioeconomic stagnation for the next few generations.

You think i want my children to have less than i had growing up?

They won't as i would not let that happen, but some poor kids won't be so lucky.

And for what? Manufactured austerity, immigration issues, and to facilitate rich bawbag Tory bastard scum able to ride out the socioeconomic storm of the own creation Brexit will bring about!

Brexit is not just a crazy idea, it's downright counterproductive to all but the swine that proposed the nonsensical notion.

Anyways, happy Saint Andrews day, I'm away for a pint check in later.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

And it’s got nothing to do with not liking the results and everything to do with the best interests of the nation. No-deal is worst case for the UK, it’s like proper disaster stuff, we have the NHS having to stockpile meds, chaos in the Irish boarder, a 8% cut in economic growth the lost goes on.

It's giving the losers a second chance, just to be clear.

I would argue just do it, and if it all turns out awful like everyone fantasizes, do a referendum to get back in the EU.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Best out of 3 eh?

Things change mate, Brexit did not just go breasts up, its pretty much unimplementable in its present form, and "May" well sink this nation into socioeconomic stagnation for the next few generations.

They won't as i would not let that happen, but some poor kids won't be so lucky.

And for what? Manufactured austerity, immigration issues, and to facilitate rich bawbag Tory bastard scum able to ride out the socioeconomic storm of the own production Brexit will bring about!

Brexit is not just a crazy idea, its downright counterproductive to all but the swine that proposed the nonsensical notion.

Anyways, happy Saint Andrews day, im away for a pint check in later.

I don't think so. You can't tell the future. You may in fact be impeding your children's future. The only way you can be sure is if you try it. But demanding a second referendum on a hunch or because of propaganda is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And it’s got nothing to do with not liking the results and everything to do with the best interests of the nation. No-deal is worst case for the UK, it’s like proper disaster stuff, we have the NHS having to stockpile meds, chaos in the Irish boarder, a 8% cut in economic growth the lost goes on.

I would argue just do it, and if it all turns out awful like everyone fantasizes, do a referendum to get back in the EU.

Right so let me get this straight.....

You are saying it’s undemocratic for the U.K. to have a second referendum, also seem to recall you saying we lost our sovereignty with the EU

Yet at the same time saying that if it doesn’t work out just join back up again. (Wouldn’t happen)

Hmmmm new avatar same inconsistent arguments les.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Right so let me get this straight.....

You are saying it’s undemocratic for the U.K. to have a second referendum, also seem to recall you saying we lost our sovereignty with the EU

Yet at the same time saying that if it doesn’t work out just join back up again. (Wouldn’t happen)

Hmmmm new avatar same inconsistent arguments les.

And you're suggesting a second referendum because you don't like the results of the first one.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Best out of 3 eh?

And for what? Manufactured austerity, immigration issues, and to facilitate rich bawbag Tory bastard scum able to ride out the socioeconomic storm of the own production Brexit will bring about!

Brexit is not just a crazy idea, its downright counterproductive to all but the swine that proposed the nonsensical notion.

Anyways, happy Saint Andrews day, im away for a pint check in later.

I don't think so. You can't tell the future. You may in fact be impeding your children's future. The only way you can be sure is if you try it. But demanding a second referendum on a hunch or because of propaganda is nonsense.

It’s not propaganda, it’s facts.

Like here is a fact for you.....

In the U.K. we import most of our meds’ from Europe, now with out a established trade deal how do we get crossing points along the Irish boarder, in the event of a no-deal a hard boarder is required. How do we do that? Actually what do we do when we have to rip up the good Friday agreeement.

This is t propaganda it’s reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join