It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

People love saying that we could not feed our people with the space we have to farm in, but that is not technically true. We have an awful lot of misused, underused land in this country. If we used all the land that it is even slightly possible to grow food and live stock on, to do just that, we would absolutely be able to feed everyone.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Which we are not going to turn into prime farming land anytime soon.

We both know we don't have the agricultural capacity to accommodate 66 million souls without importing as more than half our foodstuffs are sourced from abroad, 29% of said half from other EU member nations.

We won't starve but its certainly something that needs to be sorted before we proceed to Brexit.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Well, we certainly won't if we keep putting it off. You can get an awful lot done in not very long if every available person who is physically capable of aiding the effort, is drafted in to make it work.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

But every who is physically capable of aiding the effort wont be drafted, that's not going to happen as the logistics alone would be a nightmare to implement.

That's simply wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You guys really think that the eu farmers are just going to sit on their hands and watch their businesses collapse because brussels wants to try and punish us? I think you might see a bit of a revolt on the continent.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hell of a lot of food that would go to waste also, then again it's not like we don't have food mountains already.

Who knows what these mad bastards and willing to sacrifice for a blue passport.

I would be for Brexit if i could actually see how it could work, but the politicians cannot even accomplish that task, what chance do the rest of us actually have?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Maybe British stock will be hot buys after this all transpires. Sit on it for a few years and you may be able to make some serious coin.

I can't imagine that whatever happens would be permanent. England has weathered adversity before, so I imagine it will again.

You all existed before the EU, so I can't imagine why you cant after.

Survived TWO wars in the same centuary too ! With out any help from the continent of Europe. Then 'they' stab Britain in the back, pay British companies to ship British jobs abroad, tax Britain till the pips squeek, the moan because Britian has has enough ?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No, its the worst case scenario.

Its just not as bad as some people insist on thinking.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Need to wait and see before determining how bad it will get.

This is a form of social engineering, just like austerity, make no mistake about that.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What you are talking about just wont happen though.
In France there are the Gilets jaunne protesting against taxes, Spain and Italy are on their arses financially. If the EU prevents them selling their food or makes it so expensive that American or Commonwealth food is cheaper, they are not going to wear that.

Brexit is simply us leaving the regulatory framework of the EU.

Everything else is politicians trying to not have Brexit.

Remember what the Yanks said? No taxation without representation, that is the real truth behind voting to leave.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I would not be counting on the next Nazi Germany to save our arse thats for sure.

If a deal with America turns out to be viable then so be it, but its something that needs to be sorted and in place before we proceed to jump ship.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yep and the MP's have had 2 years to get sorting it and they never bothered because they don't want us out of the EU and this way they get to scream about a "cliff edge Brexit"

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

My "always on" music system turns off on it's own because Brussels decided we needed to save the planet.

Well I can assure you that's not a UK wide problem. I don't have an "Always On" sound system but I have an xbox 360 that is always on at the wall, in event of power outages it takes ages to start up, only time that happens is when weather disrupts supply.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

only time that happens is when weather disrupts supply.

Being from the land of the flying haggis, isn't that every other day?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yeah, we're so sovereign, Brussels tells me which bin I have to put my rubbish in and dictates to my local council when they can pick it up. My "always on" music system turns off on it's own because Brussels decided we needed to save the planet. I don't even have sovereignty over my own sodding castle. The fascists even managed to cross that sacred line.

I say **** 'em and if they'd like another war, they'll get their arses kicked again. 3rd time's a charm.

Actually that's your local council that sets the rules on what bin you put your rubbish in. And it's your local council alone that decides when they can pick it up. The rules are different in pretty much every local council in the land.

Good point, take Monifieth and Dundee, they are physically connected by Broughty Ferry, which is ruled by Dundee City Council and Monifieth by Angus Council. My friend who lives in Broughty Ferry has to take glass to a recycle point and has a bin for Paper recycling. My friend who lives in the same building, only round the corner in Monifieth has a black bin for all recycling. Including glass and paper. If it was down to the EU we'd all be the same. Some people need to take a look outside their own area. Not just to get facts straight but to see Brexit will not effect all areas of Britain (or even England for that matter) equally!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
1930s Germany would have loved this sort of power over Europe.

Why you guys thought the EU was ever a good idea, so soon after ww2, is beyond me.

Quite simple really, as the victors our closest Allies (USA) completely screwed us over with the Marshall Plan. Allied to that was losing the Empire, as condition for our Commonwealth members states providing serious manpower during the war. Together, it meant we were on our knees by the time the EU came around - but even so, it wasn't wholly endorsed.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well, ignoring problems don't make them go anywhere, the fact is all that serves to do is compound the issue.

The future is not bright, but it sure is Brexit, for intents and purpose.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
The devastation is not the cause of brexit itself, but the cause of you choosing to go that way. Punishment if you will.

I agree. The UK is the example of what will happen if you want to leave the EU, it's as simple as that.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It's brighter than Mark Carney and his remainer goons would have you believe.

Did you see the opening credits to This Week last night?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Brits are being held. Back by their European friends.

Time to move on and let those deemed to fail do.

The u.s. and Britain cannot hold your hands any more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join