It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

66.02 million souls on our island, we import almost 30% of our foodstuffs from other EU member nations, if Brexit was of the superhard variety, let's just say problems could arise.

The renegotiation of deals is the issue really, deals don't just materialize or happen overnight.

As to confidence, hardly anyone over here is happy with the current situation on both sides of the fence nor the proposed deal, so your confidence "May" be somewhat misplaced.

Thanks for the well wishes all the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ummm...if you all grow a pair and do a hard brexit...then you will have nothing to worry about on the trade side of things...the US and UK will make the sweetest non tariff free trade deal that other countries/trading blocks will seek to emulate it...

Your pain will be short lived and shipping between the two nations will increase dramatically...

If you grow a pair...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"the worst crisis we have faced since WWII"?

Maybe; but you rebuilt and thrived after the Germans bombed you out; my moneys on you serving now that the Germans are selling you out.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The second world war cost Great Britain the better part of our empire.

Granted said empire was already experiencing severe issues but the truth is we lost a hell of a lot of the national power we were able to wield around the world as well as our superpower status.

In a lot of ways, we simply swapped overt military control, for monetary control in the nations that gained their independence after WW2, but we still lost a hell of a lot of perceived influence, prestige, and power around the planet.

Truth is Germany recovered far better than the UK ever did from the second world war, and by design no less.
edit on 29-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I understand; I dont think Brexit will be that devastating. And if you survived that you will survive Brexit ... or no Brexit which ever the case may be.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Jolly Good ! The NWO Strikes Again ...........

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I don't think we have much choice really.

Devastating for some, that's a given, especially our 300,000 homeless, the poor, OAP and other vulnerable members of our communities.

The Tories and the super-rich, on the other hand, will ride out any socioeconomic strife caused by Brexit with relative ease.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So , How does the Queen Mum Feel about this News ? Has she released a Statement to the Nation ?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

She died 2002 if memory serves.

If you mean the Queen why the hell would she even care?

Nobody is talking about the removal of her monarchy and she is still far and away the world's largest landowner, with her 6.6 billion acres across the planet. Europe has been that families plaything for centuries really.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I like brexfast, especially bacon & bubble & squeak.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

But , but , She does not Even Care what happens to her Chattle ? That's Sad ...........(

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Lizzy? She is a rich German after all. Brexit means nothing to her she`s loaded with everything that counts. Money Jewels land palaces ect ect and yet she still has her hand out every year. For state money to do up this palace, or what ever she fancies. Whilst her so called people. Even working people, are having to use food banks. People dying on the streets and she does not care in the least. As far as I am concerned she should be asset stripped and sent back to Germany.
Some one mentioned growing a pair, well I am all for that. A hard Brexit? Yes stuff it up the euro gang. We already have a world wide network, from the empire days and commonwealth countries to deal with. I am sure we can go it on or own, we have a history of doing that. Its crazy here at the moment as we have the remainer Maybot, fighting for a brexit and a Brexiteer Corbyn fighting to stay in.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

originally posted by: SprocketUK...the political system is generally skewed towards electing people you wouldn't trust to mind your pint while you went to the bog

I think this is one of the most apt political quotes I've seen in a long time (assuming "bog" is the bathroom/loo/restroom/etc.)
QFT.

On topic: As an American, I have little understanding of the UK/EU politics. I agree with some others here though, the people had a vote and decided they want out. Sometimes it's less painful to rip the bandaid off than try to peel it off slowly.

Credit for that needs to go to Cornish Celt guy, it's how he referred to Corbyn in another thread. I thought it fit the bill perfectly

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: djz3ro

I agree and do not want free movement to be stopped for valid people, we have a proud workforce from many nations in the UK and I hope that continues but we will just pay "tax" to the french, money talks as usual, so much for that £350 million for the NHS

I hear you, 2 of my best friends in the world are Czech and they left because of rising anti-Foreigner sentiment after the Brexit vote. In fact I have 5 or 6 other good friends who are Czech, only 1 of them is still here and she's not sure she will be by March. Hard workers every one, it was them that introduced me to labouring and there were times on farms in Rural Scotland where I was the only labourer whose native language was English. All the farmers were surprised when I opened my mouth and was Scottish, when pressed as to why I wanted to work on a farm my answer was that there was nothing else going and if it was good enough for my grandad it was good enough for me. When I was doing stone masonry and buikding I made another good Czech friend, he's still here.

I hope we work out a deal that makes my friends feel welcome again

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Truth is Germany recovered far better than the UK ever did from the second world war, and by design no less.

Interestingly, Germany has also ended up the top dog in Europe, with the Euro based around their values (to the detriment of the southern EU states like Greece, Italy and Spain) guaranteeing their economic growth while everyone else stagnates. The FREE MARKET in manufacturing has been hugely helpful to the German car industry, but the not-so-free-market in services has disadvantaged the UK.

The EU is designed around Germany. That's the reward for their historic bad behaviour. No bad.

If the UK was proposing joining the EU today, the debate would be how it would disadvantage our economy and be bad for business, rather then the rather constipated debate at the moment that leaving would "break the UK" because we are so entwined in the inter-country dependency that has grown up without anyone realising.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Nobody is talking about the removal of her monarchy and she is still far and away the world's largest landowner, with her 6.6 billion acres across the planet. Europe has been that families plaything for centuries really.

With her UK land attracting huge EU farming subsidies.

And all the insane talk about food shortages! If all the land owning toffs, domestic and foreign, are required to put that land into production, we would more likely see surplus. But instead, UK gov plc have listened to the lobbyists and are drawing up contingency plans for replacing EU subsidies with domestic ones.

www.greenpeace.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

MPs will vote against the deal in 10 days time. The pound will drop and the markets will follow.

One thing MPs are scared of is economic meltdown. A new option will appear, staying in the EU and a return to normal market activity. MPs will support this. Another bank collapse in the UK would help this along nicely.

All these things are engineerable.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Collapse of the nation state itself? No.

Tings becoming entirely difficult, requiring a root and branch deconstruction followed by reconfiguration of the entire way governance works and what its aims are, with regard to the people? Sure. Its going to suck, but its going to do it on terms other than those which have been inflicted on this nation by its government and its cronies in Europe.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Its never been any different.

Do you imagine Trump gives a rats arse as to what happens to the average Joe in your own nation?

Money talks Zanti Misfit and the rest of us simply do the walk.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

There is no danger whatsoever that Brittan has the agricultural land and/or foodstuffs to accommodate 66 million people without importing from other places.

Your not quite talking starvation but should Brexit be superhard shortages will arise in the short term, and not just with foodstuffs, thats a given.

Domestically its nigh on impossible to feed the population we now have.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join