It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

But I am so worn out with all this Brexit business I’m almost leaving the country. I play a game listening to Radio 4, how many seconds until you hear ‘Brexit’. Max is 31 seconds over last three weeks.

Gotta replace it. Start a grass roots movement to get another word to challenge it and get some traction.

Piggybacking off of SocratesJohnson, I propose #Brentrance.

Great Britain entering the US.

Of course it's just for trolls n' lulz, would be funny as hell.

Although, as weird as the world is getting, it might actually somehow turn into a thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I only listen to the radio in the car!

Ok, if the cops pull me I’m screen shotting for evidence.

Stop making excuses!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
England has weathered adversity before, so I imagine it will again.

True. There was that thing with the Spanish Armada, those dudes from Germany and the food.

Who needs food when you got booze.

Liquid calories, amirite?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nfflhome

Should have never let go of your sovereignty in the first place.

We didn't , we are still a Sovereign nation with our own tax rates and currency.

That's what I thought but there's a lot of talk around here about how we need to regain our sovereignty from Europe.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

England has weathered adversity before, so I imagine it will again.

And what about Wales? What about N.Ireland? What about my personal favourite, Scotland?

I was worried someone was going to do that lol.

I said England, because I'm not really that caught up on the history of England, Great Britain, and the UK, so I copped out with England.

Don't worry, you're not the first and you won't be the last. I think there are many in the Celtic parts (Cornwall included, though not our own resident Cornish Pixie) who wish it was just England that was Brexiting...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

a reply to: nfflhome

Should have never let go of your sovereignty in the first place.

We didn't , we are still a Sovereign nation with our own tax rates and currency.

That's what I thought but there's a lot of talk around here about how we need to regain our sovereignty from Europe.

Sovereignty is not about tax rates and currency. It is about the authority of the state to govern itself. The UK is beholden to the EU's laws and agreements.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

a reply to: and14263

But I am so worn out with all this Brexit business I’m almost leaving the country. I play a game listening to Radio 4, how many seconds until you hear ‘Brexit’. Max is 31 seconds over last three weeks.

Gotta replace it. Start a grass roots movement to get another word to challenge it and get some traction.

Piggybacking off of SocratesJohnson, I propose #Brentrance.

Great Britain entering the US.

Of course it's just for trolls n' lulz, would be funny as hell.

Although, as weird as the world is getting, it might actually somehow turn into a thing.

nope
i hear it is brexit only you perv

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The govt never thought they would vote Brexit, then they never thought they would have to go through with it, they have misread the British people every step of the way and that's why this train wreck is going to happen.

To bad the people cant do a no confidence vote in their rulers and dump the lot of them and hold new elections.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Sovereignty is not about tax rates and currency. It is about the authority of the state to govern itself. The UK is beholden to the EU's laws and agreements.

The British government free to govern , if it wasn't the Brexit vote would never of happened.
We are forced to work within a framework but Britain is still British as France is still French.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is exactly why I come here. Brentrance is a word I’ll be stealing from now. Great work.

On the subject of joining the US... that is rabbit hole I would love to get into, if only I were on my keyboard and not my phone! I would not be averse to the idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
England will be fine. You worry to much..
The original Great!

If we wasn't Great what are they all trying to get here for?
says more about the so called EU countries who thinks so little of Britain, they are pass through..
why not stay if england is so terrible?
But But But....

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: djz3ro

we are leaving the EU and part of that is we then can negate any free movement, its not cheap though

UK to pay extra £44.5m for Calais security in Anglo-French deal

The Freedom of Movement is one of the Four Fredoms that comes with part of being the EU, we've been told under no uncertain terms that the Four Freedoms, which are benefits for countries within the Single Market and the Customs Union come as a package and we can't have Freedom of Movement without Freedom of Goods & Services, Freedom of Capital and Freedom of Information and People, the latter one being the Freedom that allows free movement of people. We don't get to pick and choose.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Developments affecting Parliamentary sovereignty

Over the years, Parliament has passed laws that limit the application of parliamentary sovereignty. These laws reflect political developments both within and outside the UK.

They include:

The devolution of power to bodies like the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly.
The Human Rights Act 1998.
The UK's entry to the European Union in 1973.
The decision to establish a UK Supreme Court in 2009, which ends the House of Lords function as the UK's final court of appeal.

These developments do not fundamentally undermine the principle of parliamentary sovereignty, since, in theory at least, Parliament could repeal any of the laws implementing these changes.

www.parliament.uk...
edit on 29-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If only the UK had a system of government akin to a monarchy. A strong individual that can say this is what we are going to do and just do it. Execute the mamby-pamby hand wringers that are not with the program. An absolute symbol of authority that the people can stand behind and support.

How about Liz, what’s she up to lately?

link   
Good.
I think it's about time that our government changed.
Especially Theresa May,
edit on 29-11-2018 by SpaghettiHero because: (no reason given)

link   
western civilization is verging on collapse

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am sure England will survive, the union might not, us Scots want out more than ever in the face of the Brexit vote, the issue of the boarder makes for a strong case for Irish unification.

Pretty sure England will still remain as it is.

I think the point is that the nations of the UK are going to be far worse off eccomincaoly and in terms of international prowess.

Like Ireland is since it switched to the Euro?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not removing.

As the last paragraph says.

These developments do not fundamentally undermine the principle of parliamentary sovereignty, since, in theory at least, Parliament could repeal any of the laws implementing these changes.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Hang on, the chorus of that song goes...

"Hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ,
Hang the Dj
Hang the Dj...."

What are you trying to say?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Not removing.

As the last paragraph says.

Right, and a drug addict is not an addict because he can quit doing drugs at any time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join