It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't see riots on the cards nether, just because of winter to be honest.

May keeps swerving and dodging that Tuesday debacle all the same and things might change before 21 January materializes.

Protests are certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

She better pray for a white Xmas and hope a load of disgruntled citizens don't get fur-lined high vis vest for Christmas if she keeps playing the game that she is.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Boris seems to think the EU fears no deal just as much as the UK. I wouldn't be so sure. And March is really soon. Whatever they come up with as solution it should happen fast.
The question remains how will the people react once parliament decided? It's a serious thriller unfolding.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No the issue is much more complex than that.

No
The government not doing what the people vote for is not complex.

Which leaves us one final option, the peoples vote, let the people decide, now Brexit reality is clear and lets remember that Vote Leave have faced several serious accusations around their actions back then.

Did any of those effect the vote count?

They one with a little over 1% of the vote.

Was it required to get more than that? If you have your second vote will 1% be enough for your win or will you require more? What is enough?

They won despite having al of Scotland, Ireland and London screaming that they want to remain in the EU.

Will those be qualifiers as well?

So go back to the polls, call it a "confirmation vote". Let the people decide, when parliament can't, which, make no mistake is the situation right now then let the people decide.

Oh cause the government will do what the people want that time right?
Cause they seem to have a history of not doing that now right?

edit on 10/12/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

or to crash out with no-deal and face a crisis.

I'd go with that!

I can't see any good counter argument for a second referendum, honestly I don't know of one good reason behind it other than that we are running out of time fast to have one.

They haven't implemented the result of the first one yet!!

Parliament is at grid-lock in a way that is almost unprecedented in British politics. She has very few options under UK law and actually the only option is to have a peoples vote.

They did have one...... The people voted LEAVE

No-Deal, which is disaster for the UK, its not project fear, its reality, no deal is economic and political crisis on the scale we have not seen in this country for generations. Its massive interruption to food supplies, pound crashing, medication interruptions, chaos at transport hubs the list goes on we are just so deeply ingrained in the EU that to just pull the band-aid off would cause serious long term damage.....so in my view thats out.

Its being well over exagerated....... short term pain for long term gain.

Staying in is slow painful extinction.

Which leaves us one final option, the peoples vote, let the people decide

There was a vote, remember

And the people decided

And the result was LEAVE

Brexit reality is clear and lets remember They won despite having al of Scotland, Ireland and London screaming that they want to remain in the EU.

They LEAVE WON inspite of all the negativity thrown at them from

all quarters

So go back to the polls, call it a "confirmation vote". Let the people decide, when parliament can't, which, make no mistake is the situation right now then let the people decide.

The people did decide only nobody's listening......

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Boris seems to think the EU fears no deal just as much as the UK

They do

But like good poker players they carry it off (lie) better

and with straight faces.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

There is zero evidence I have seen that no-deal would be good for the UK. NONE!

Everything points to it being very bad, I have not see a body of evidence that has a optimistic outlook for the UK in the event of a No-Deal situation. Now you might hold a different opinion, which is fine, I am just with the 17 million Brits who voted to remain. I could be curious to know how you think that it would all work out and not be a total disaster.

However, because I believe, based on the dire reports I have read such as the Bank Of England predicting 8% reduction in growth, the fears over securing uk supply lines, the crashing pound (now at a 20 month low by they way), chaos at travel hubs and the impact on the Irish boarder to name but a few I can only conclude that No-Deal should mean no Brexit.

I get that we might disagree on that, really I do, its a differing political opinion however please don't fall into the trap of assuming that because I and others happen to disagree with you that we are ignorant or just fearful. There are very good reasons to believe that moving towards revoking article 50 with a peoples vote is in the best interests of the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The bad things you fear about leaving on wto rules are simply a consequence of the people that we pay fortunes to sort out getting goods across borders have sat on their hands for two years rather than arrange for supplies either from the eu to continue or get new supplies from India, China, the us etc.

Pretty much every problem with Brexit lies at the feet of remainer politicians trying for as little Brexit as possible.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Pretty much every problem with Brexit lies at the feet of remainer politicians trying for as little Brexit as possible.

which I have been told will require another vote
makes sense?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is zero evidence I have seen that no-deal would be good for the UK. NONE!

There was a programme on sky where they ran a roll of all the 'business

men' not politicians who had donated to the leave campaign. They have

more to lose than any politicians or you or I. If they are not worried about

the countries economy and that It would destroy their business's I beleive

them before any jumped up politician without business experience.

Everything points to it being very bad, I have not see a body of evidence that has a optimistic outlook for the UK in the event of a No-Deal situation. Now you might hold a different opinion, which is fine, I am just with the 17 million Brits who voted to remain.

And I with the majority who voted leave, and have become more determined

since the EU's bullying stance. Have you ever considered if we were such a loss

and didn't have a future WHY DONT THEY JUST LET US GO?

NO..... we are very useful and economically viable.

I worked in the FMCG trade and this business of goods drying up is rubbish, orders

are predicted weeks/months in advance due to manufacturing and transporting to

the destinations.

In 2016 prior to the leave result Osborne predicted a punitive emergercy budget

and that the country would fall off a cliff. Well he's gone and the countries still

standing. Just watching Richard Tice being interviewed look him up!!

However, because I believe, based on the dire reports I have read such as the Bank Of England predicting 8% reduction in growth, the fears over securing uk supply lines, the crashing pound (now at a 20 month low by they way), chaos at travel hubs and the impact on the Irish boarder to name but a few I can only conclude that No-Deal should mean no Brexit.

Mark Carney said that in 2016 ..... Mervan King disagreed with him then

Now he's coming out with it again !!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

There was a programme on sky where they ran a roll of all the 'business men' not politicians who had donated to the leave campaign.

Name these businessmen. I'll bet my bottom dollar they have business interests beyond the UK and a #load of money offshore.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join