It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I only voted leave because I WANT the government to collapse. Only then can we rebuild our governance so that its operatives are slaves to the will of the people, rather than just to the will of the rich and the influential.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I only voted leave because I WANT the government to collapse. Only then can we rebuild our governance so that its operatives are slaves to the will of the people, rather than just to the will of the rich and the influential.

To an extent, you are right.
Nothing will ever change for the better as long as we stay in the EU with their extra levels of rulers and bureaucrats over us

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Thats fair enough.

I mean I disagree with you that a total collapse of government would be a good thing but if thats your opinion fair enough...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

To an extent, you are right.
Nothing will ever change for the better as long as we stay in the EU with their extra levels of rulers and bureaucrats over us

Nothing will ever change for the better, for us little people, as long as we keep letting the wealthy rule the land

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

i'll bring some rope, you bring a ladder..

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

Sounds like a plan.

As a remainder you'd think I'd be behind the idea that, after Darth May's withdrawal agreement is voted down next week, commons has more say on Brexit, after all 73%"of them voted Remain (including 56% of the Tory Party). What will happen if 73% of Commons goes against 52%"of the voting public?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Sounds like a plan.

As a remainder you'd think I'd be behind the idea that, after Darth May's withdrawal agreement is voted down next week, commons has more say on Brexit, after all 73%"of them voted Remain (including 56% of the Tory Party). What will happen if 73% of Commons goes against 52%"of the voting public?

Short term, nothing. We'll have to accept we are a broken people. Powerless subjects of a manager class in a post democracy world.

There's nobody to vote for and nobody will lead the public to the streets so the bad guys will win.

Many will be fuming powerless wishing loss of prosperity, loss of security and loss of life on the EU. Long term that bitterness will fester to poison and bear fruit.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If (when) the government lose the vote next week it will bring the "peoples vote" one step closer , the European Court of Justice is expected to rule soon that the UK can unilaterally cancel article 50 should they decide to do so , opening the door for the "No Brexit" which has been touted recently .... the fix is in.

The Brexit dream is dying

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm more worried about the death of democracy

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I’ve said it all along.

But I take it that was meant for the poster above you?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Democracy was just a ploy to convince the masses they had a say in things.

It’s a # system anyway. I’d prefer a meritocracy.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

i reckon they will try and stitch us up from the other direction as you point out, but things are fairly fluid.
trump could stuff them with the f.i.s.a declassification, so thats something to watch for.
at this point public opinion is hard to discern for us individuals because of the media stranglehold and the power of state tv and radio.
77 brigade is busy in the comment sections of the papers.
(#ing disgraceful tbh).
if the general public can get decent digestible info then we stand a chance of some social cohesion.
i think its gone past the point of leave/remain and its more an issue of constitutional integrity. in or out.
if people realise that they live in a 450 year old banana republic we might be able to clean house and survive as a nation/collection of nations
so still reading
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
this parliamentary privilege is a problem.
iirc b.lair did something with this. its what hides all the child abuse, expenses and all the other # they try to hide from us
think its in here.
themillenniumreport.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

lol,cheer up lad!
they are scared.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Democracy was just a ploy to convince the masses they had a say in things.

It’s a # system anyway. I’d prefer a meritocracy.

I knew democracy was dead but this is the final nail

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

oh forgot.
this is the leaked ,unedited withdrawal agreement.
[url=http://]http://2mbg6fgb1kl380gtk22pbxgw-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Withdrawal-Agreement-Legal-and-Governance-Aspects.pdf[ /url]

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

never say die.
theres too much going on at the moment,
serious undercurrents.
and hubris is always a risk for these actors.
lets watch and see, and influence where we can.

edit on 4-12-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There are a few scenarios we could be facing that probably should be met with protest and civil uprising but have the British people lost their thirst for such things?
edit on 4/12/18 by djz3ro because: I ['D instead of ]ing

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
presented without comment
www.youtube.com...
www.bitchute.com...
voat.co...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: Azureblue

How do you think this will Al pan out then?

Not long after the Brexit vote I read on the project Camelot site that Brexit may have been a set up situation. The idea being that Britian will be engineered into a mess, a bit like you describe, for the whole world to see so the world can see what happens to those who go against Brussels.

In short, the idea put forward in the Camelot article was that it was intended to pass but the economy would then fail and frighten off other countries thinking of getting out of the EU.

However, IMO, and for sure it will take time, but there is no reason why Britain cannot regain the ground it once had. If they did that, the difficulty would be is that other countries might get the wrong idea as far as Brussels is concerned and consider going back themselves.

Brussels will make life hard for the brits but if they stick with it and become their own masters again, they could be in for a rosey future in say, 10-15 years time.

I say that because I think the Brits would not make the same mistake twice in having the internal divisions they now have and by having an external master.

The risk being for Brussles is that what they have hopped for might back fire.

The reason I said you wrote a hit piece is because what you wrote is well written but negative and that's generally a good sign of a hit piece.

Its the kind of thing the powers that should not be and Brussels would approve for publication.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Now that the deal has hit a brick wall and a clean 'leave Brexit' is staring

us in the face ...... The ECJ has very kindly (sarcasm) found a loophole that

didn't previously exist!! (smirk)

They have decided that the actioning of article 50 can be null and voided and

unlike as previously believed that if we would got back into the EU it would be

with less privilages will not in this instance be the case. (Anyone believing that

is imo minus a few brain cells)

Get the picture

The UK is being herded back into the EU coral

Theresa May's deal with its dodgy backstop is the only one on the table and the

only one the EU is prepared to accept ( I WONDER WHY) But hey!!! the good old

EU have generously found a way for the UK to stay in and save face

Now call me cynical ..........But

Who's need to keep the UK in the EU is greater? Who is pulling the strings?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join