It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: username74

That is the conundrum. Do you stick around the UK and try to wait out the tyranny? Do you come to the US and likely get stuck in a civil war (or get your children stuck in it)? Do you go to canada and hope it's just isolated enough to not be dragged into said civil war but smart enough to keep their immigration in check? Do you go to a small island somewhere and hope to wait out the chaos of the next 20-30 years?

I honestly couldn't tell you what you should do. I know I'll be here fighting for my country and my rights or supporting my children fighting for them. But I can't say if I were fleeing tyranny elsewhere that I'd be looking to come to a place that's teetering on the brink like the US is.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The way that the Brexit vote has been largely ignored by the Govt. confirmed to me that tyranny is upon us.
It's all done with the illusion of democracy and free will, supported by 24/7 propaganda.
Far from being on the verge of collapse, the plan is pretty much complete.
If the OP had said 'Britain as a free nation is on the verge of collapse', he'd have been almost right - just a couple of years behind the times.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

although our gun crime is comparatively low,
its worth pointing out the vast majority of gun crimes in u.k. are committed with illegal weapons.
also no one had mass shooting until a few years ago. there is no comparable analogue in human history, which should make you suspicious.
and you will note once those gun restrictions are in place the shootings evaporate as though their purpose is served and yet illegal guns remain and crimes continues without mass shootings.
p.s. learn how to trap and fish if you want to eat.
u.k. ecosystem barely functions anymore.
you can trap in 13 places at once,its a multiplier.
animals get powdershy very quick.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

also no one had mass shooting until a few years ago. there is no comparable analogue in human history, which should make you suspicious. and you will note once those gun restrictions are in place the shootings evaporate as though their purpose is served and yet illegal guns remain and crimes continues without mass shootings.

This is a very astute observation. Weird how suddenly shooters can't get guns illegally when they could before... doesn't really make any sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

dont expect people to respect you when you look down your nose at them for retaining the right and ability to protect themselves and their family.
you may have cause to reflect on this in the future.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yep, this brexit nonsense has laid bare that it was just a facade. Democracy is fine as a pacifier for the people so long as you can manipulate the vote totals in the way you want to rule (legally or illegally, doesn't matter). But as a force of control over government it will not be tolerated by the elites. We are experiencing a different shade of this same phenomenon in the US with the Mueller investigation. We're not far behind you and the only reason (imo) we aren't in lock step with you is the second amendment and sheer number of weapons in the hands of the citizens.

ETA:
It's made me rethink the whole bush doctrine of "spreading democracy to the world". I mean, I never was all that gung ho about forcing others to change their government style to begin with, but this view of "democracy" makes the entirety of the whole thing that much more sinister.
edit on 3-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You think we need guns to change things in parliament? Interesting.

Actually I'm aware about crime stats, we were talking guns though, if you wanted to make that point you should have made that point instead of changing the goal posts after I responded to your original point, which was about guns. Some people believe Brexit will solve a lot of the extra crime figures, I don't though.

It's actually really silly to compare firearms laws in tbe UK and US, they're very different countries with different kinds of criminal and a differnt mindset. Having the same rules as you for firearms would be retarded, we don't have Bears, Mountain Lions or Rednecks (I jest with that last one).

It's like comparing Apples and Duck Billed Platypi....

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

with a population of 67mil and 200 000 (guess) police you may not need guns. lol

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You think we need guns to change things in parliament? Interesting.

Ask the people of France (as they wheel the guillotine into the town square).

It's actually really silly to compare firearms laws in tbe UK and US, they're very different countries with different kinds of criminal and a differnt mindset.

The right to self defense is not one I need permission from the government to exercise. Nor should any man/woman, regardless of their mindset.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Fair enough lol

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

although our gun crime is comparatively low,
its worth pointing out the vast majority of gun crimes in u.k. are committed with illegal weapons.
also no one had mass shooting until a few years ago. there is no comparable analogue in human history, which should make you suspicious.
and you will note once those gun restrictions are in place the shootings evaporate as though their purpose is served and yet illegal guns remain and crimes continues without mass shootings.
p.s. learn how to trap and fish if you want to eat.
u.k. ecosystem barely functions anymore.
you can trap in 13 places at once,its a multiplier.
animals get powdershy very quick.

I don't need to hunt to eat, it's something I do from time to time and an air rifle is all I need to get the game I hunt (plus it doesn't make the prey powdershy). I also fish and scavenge the coast for shellfish, I only do it for fun, not necessity

I'm aware most shootings are carried out in the UK with illegal firearms, mainly because criminals these crimes are carried out by people who wouldn't legally be able to obtain a firearm. In the UK the chances of being killed by someone who owns their guns legally and snaps is virtually zero. I think this is a good thing, do we really want to relax the laws so every Tom, Dick and Harry can get a gun? I guarantee, if we go down that route, we'd see a massive rise in gun crime and deaths

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

dont expect people to respect you when you look down your nose at them for retaining the right and ability to protect themselves and their family.
you may have cause to reflect on this in the future.

I don't look down my nose at anybody mate, I treat everyone equally, whether they own a gun or not. I just prefer the way our laws are surrounding firearms to Americans, and I'm someone who thinks people should be allowed to own guns if they want to. This is all getting a bit twisted.
edit on 3/12/18 by djz3ro because: Damn spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm happy I've been there as far as I'm concerned it can sink now

The worst part: all of those blaming the EU for everything wrong their own government does will keep it up if Brexit happens with a deal. The best option will be no deal, no matter where you're coming from. And Boris as PM will happen for sure.
Fun times ahead.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Ask the people of France (as they wheel the guillotine into the town square).

The people of France have been out en mass the last two weekends trying to change French Law using nothing but Hi Vi's vests and whatever they can find on scene, no guns necessary. As we were watching the news I pointed out that could be Britain next year if they make Brexit as much of a mess as they are just now. We don't need guns.

The right to self defense is not one I need permission from the government to exercise. Nor should any man/woman, regardless of their mindset.

The right to self defense is not one I need permission from the government to exercise either. We have a caveat, reasonable force is allowed. So if someone punches you, you can't shoot him...

edit on 3/12/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling again

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I'm happy I've been there as far as I'm concerned it can sink now

The worst part: all of those blaming the EU for everything wrong their own government does will keep it up if Brexit happens with a deal. The best option will be no deal, no matter where you're coming from. And Boris as PM will happen for sure.
Fun times ahead.

There's a massive part of the UK, that doesn't want Boris in the top seat, I think that would be the straw that broke the camel's back, especially after the way they've messed up Brexit.

David Cameron should be banned from the UK for what he's done to the country.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The people of France have been put en mass the last two weekends trying to change French Law using nothing but Hi Vi's vests and whatever they can find on scene, no guns necessary. As we were watching the news I pointed out that could be Britain next year if they make Brexit as much of a mess as they are just now. We don't need guns.

What has changed in france in the last two weeks? I'll bet if they showed up armed to the teeth they wouldn't have needed 2 weeks to get nothing changed.

The right to self defense is not one I need permission from the government to exercise either. We have a caveat, reasonable force is allowed. So if someone punches you, you can't shoot him...

Don't punch a crazy person with a gun? Pretty simple to avoid getting shot.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

LOL way to jump into a conversation and make your ignorance known. I don't care what your "gun crime" statistics are. Here are the facts:
1) You are 2.5x more likely to get raped in the UK compared to the US
2) You are 25% more likely to get murdered in the UK than you are in the US
3) The violent crime rate in the UK is up over 50% over the last two years
4) The violent crime rate in the US is up less than 5% over the last two years

In just about every way the UK is far more dangerous than the US, despite your "gun crime" statistics.

But the entire point of my post about you fools giving up your weapons was that you have no recourse against your government who is turning tyrannical. So whether or not your gun crime is up or down or whatever, that has zero bearing on your ability to affect change on your government through force, they have monopolized the force and it's now a one way street. You are nothing more than a subject. You certainly are not a free man. Your countries government doesn't respect the democratic process and has attempted to undo the brexit vote, despite it being the will of the people. Enjoy.

Did you make those stats up yourself?

You are 4x more likely to be murdered in the US than the UK with the difference almost entirely made up from murders involving a firearm.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

They've forced a discussion about fuel duty in Parliament. If they turned up with guns the French police would have tunred up armed and a bloodbath would have ensued.

I tend not to go round punching people, even if someone starts on me, they usually wind up hurting themselves (Tactical Edge is fun)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

No, apparently google misled me. It displayed the average global homicide rate (which was 6.2) when I searched for the UK numbers. Meanwhile it showed me the US rate being 4.9 when I searched for that (which was the correct rate). Good catch.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

They've forced a discussion about fuel duty in Parliament.

The globalists are talking to each other. Goody, I'm sure they'll come to their senses.

If they turned up with guns the French police would have tunred up armed and a bloodbath would have ensued.

Well, because france has restrictive firearms laws, this is probably accurate. But if they didn't (which is the point of the exercise) you think the police would have fired on them? Tyranny indeed.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join