It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government on the Verge of Collapse.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74
a reply to: Dfairlite

they took the long rifles off us in 1946.
took the handguns off us because of the paedophile ring in dunblane.

No, they took hand guns off us because of the School Shooting at Dunblane, if it weren't for that our firearms laws would be more relaxed. Just today though, our government overturned a proposed ban on AR15's, around 150 of which there are in private collections.

edit on 2/12/18 by djz3ro because: Wrong gun type....

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

there was some backstory.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74

there was some backstory.

There was and I'm not denying that but had the story not culminated in the school shooting firearms laws would have stayed the same as they were.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

You'll get very little sympathy from me. You allowed your disarmament. When they come for the guns that's civil war time. I do feel bad for the few of you who are now awake to the facts on the ground but there's only one real answer to all of it right now: your tyrannical government must be held to account by the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You know we can still own guns, right? Even the hallowed [sic] AR15....

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i quite agree.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

well it was quite a while before i was born to be fair
and truth be told many who brought back souvenirs buried them rather than hand them in because of what they had witnessed.
mine dug them up when i was little, to show me and explain. and that was the lesson.
there was little left of them obviously but the lesson for the child was more the point of the exercise than preserving guns with no ammo.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Food production (farming) and import/export quota's are all set by the EU CAP (Common Agricultural Policy), Brussels decides what nations produce what when and who growers/producers can export to.

British farmers get to decide if they want to apply for agricultural subsidies and those that do, produce little as much of the subsidy is available only to those farmers who agree to meet quotas by leaving their land fallow.

Other subsidy/funding is made available to farmers that choose to use land for conservation rather than agricultural purposes.

We do still have real, landowning farmers that produce and refuse to apply for subsidy. In my neck of the woods, farmers, with sound economic reason, overwhelmingly voted leave.

Quotas are set and European farmers sell milk at far lower wholesale values. Large retailers buy from the cheaper producer and sell at the higher, true cost to the British farmer. For instances, dairy farmers have experienced how the EU'S interference creates conditions that allow the large supermarkets to exploit the farmers and producers, and then price gouging the consumer.

Genuine farmers in the UK have had their livelihoods seriously reduced by the CAP; most of the subsidies are paid to the 'gentleman' farmers, 'hobby' farmers or those that due to legal or hereditary status, own massive tracts of non producing arable land.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On topic;

Labour are demanding May publish the full details within the legal advice provided to her on her 'deal' She said the full details were 'confidential'. This refusal contravenes a binding commons vote decided only last month.

Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer told Sky News: "If they don't produce it tomorrow (Monday) then we will start contempt proceedings, this will be a collision course between the government and Parliament."

His shadow cabinet colleague Barry Gardiner told the BBC's Andrew Marr show the prime minister faced a "very serious constitutional crisis" if she refused, and the only answer was a general election.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

goddamit boris is such a #ing weasel. heres what he said at the lord mayors speech 29th march
www.voltairenet.org...
compare with what hes saying in the bbc source.
and surely gove is acting political theatre.
oh its so bad i resign,
oh, now i think we must take this terrible deal.
RATS EVERYWHERE!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Brexit means Brexit. Except when it doesn't, then it means Brexit. Otherwise, it's Brexit.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Haha, yeah, you can. You just have to go through your local police department and apply for a license. During that application you have to show "good reason" for why you want to own one. Oh, BTW, self defense isn't a "good reason" why you'd want a gun, according to them. You can't have a semi auto over .22 caliber. They sell a gun similar to an AR15 called the M&P 15-22. The small caliber bullet makes it quite a bit less effective than the original.
edit on 2-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If only they had taken up arms and defended their rights to self defense from the tyrannical government, rather than bury them so they could decompose for a few decades...

If I were you, I'd leave the UK ASAP.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty much sums up the current predicament regarding Brexit, unless they get there act together.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't want a gun for self defense, all those you describe would be perfect for me to do a small amount of hunting though. I don't need to be armed like Rambo to take down rabbit, pheasant, grouse or pigeon. One shot, one kill, who needs a semi-automatic? People with no skill, that's who...
edit on 3/12/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

If only they had taken up arms and defended their rights to self defense from the tyrannical government, rather than bury them so they could decompose for a few decades...

If I were you, I'd leave the UK ASAP.

This isn't America mate, we don't have the want or even the need of guns like you folks, because of our sensible gun restrictions gun crimw figure are very low, we've had 1 school shooting EVER, you guys can beat that in one year, so excuse me if we don't bow down and worship guns...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Haha, yeah, you can. You just have to go through your local police department and apply for a license. During that application you have to show "good reason" for why you want to own one. Oh, BTW, self defense isn't a "good reason" why you'd want a gun, according to them. You can't have a semi auto over .22 caliber. They sell a gun similar to an AR15 called the M&P 15-22. The small caliber bullet makes it quite a bit less effective than the original.

The UK also requires a trigger release which adds a second step. Pull trigger once round fires pull it again it releases the bolt. This by no means is considered semi auto. The reason why is it takes two trigger pulls to fire 1 round.

When fired it holds the bolt open even when loaded until you release it by pulling the trigger again. Means using it for hunting multiple game is almost impossible. So claiming you can buy an ar15 and use it in the UK is not really true.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The UK also requires a trigger release which adds a second step. Pull trigger once round fires pull it again it releases the bolt. This by no means is considered semi auto. The reason why is it takes two trigger pulls to fire 1 round.

When fired it holds the bolt open even when loaded until you release it by pulling the trigger again. Means using it for hunting multiple game is almost impossible. So claiming you can buy an ar15 and use it in the UK is not really true.

It is really true. I can't find a link to the story but in the past few days back benchers in Parliament blocked a bill that would make owning an AR15 illegal. They surmised that due to the price tag (over £2000) and their bulky size not only are their only about 150 in private collections in the UK they are unlikely to be used for crime.

So tell me about the gun laws in my country again?

It's funny how some Americans look down their nose at us because we gave up gun rights for a safer country and it worked and the majority of the UK populace is happy with that. I'd rather it was this way than even having to have the debate about how the MSM disproportionately covers mass shooting events or getting to a stage where nobody can solve the problem of gun violence. We solved it, right after Dunblane happened...
edit on 3/12/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling and add more...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

LOL way to jump into a conversation and make your ignorance known. I don't care what your "gun crime" statistics are. Here are the facts:
1) You are 2.5x more likely to get raped in the UK compared to the US
2) You are 25% more likely to get murdered in the UK than you are in the US
3) The violent crime rate in the UK is up over 50% over the last two years
4) The violent crime rate in the US is up less than 5% over the last two years

In just about every way the UK is far more dangerous than the US, despite your "gun crime" statistics.

But the entire point of my post about you fools giving up your weapons was that you have no recourse against your government who is turning tyrannical. So whether or not your gun crime is up or down or whatever, that has zero bearing on your ability to affect change on your government through force, they have monopolized the force and it's now a one way street. You are nothing more than a subject. You certainly are not a free man. Your countries government doesn't respect the democratic process and has attempted to undo the brexit vote, despite it being the will of the people. Enjoy.
edit on 3-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

yes but where to go?
western europe,united states and canadas had it.
maybe its better to be where you came from at this point in history.
lucky lucky lucky!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join