It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian refugee,15, bullied at school in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What makes you so sure the kid was a fascist? Do you know the background on why the attack occurred? For all any of us know it had nothing to do with the other kid being Syrian and could have been for a myriad of other reasons.

I think this has been blown out of all proportion to create the narrative you just fell for.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ok, how about his sister also being filmed being bullied and having her head scarf ripped off - im sure there are plenty of reasons for that too...........

The lad in trouble for the bullying does need to get a bit of slack though - he is only young himself. And, despite the media furore, it isn't waterboarding - he is empyting water over his head. It is intimidatory and bullying but lets not go too far with this.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Honestly I heard about this before I knew he was a refugee, don’t think it was mentioned in the initial reports.

The reason it became a big story was because the video was shared on social media and then the police got involved.

Had absolutely nothing to do with this poor lad being a refugee and everything to do with exposing bullies.

Kind of reminds me of the incidents of “happy slapping” we had a few years. That got loads of publicity at the time and we saw it happening with lots of white British victims.

edit on 29-11-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Would we have heard about this if the victim had been a white, blond haired, blue eyed boy who spoke English with a regional accent?

Not just no, but hell no.

Media pushes an agenda, as many other posters have pointed out already. This story fits in perfectly with that.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The lad in trouble for the bullying does need to get a bit of slack though - he is only young himself.

This is an important point.

How many of us at the age of 15 did things we regret now? At the age of 15 I was barely conscious of my behaviour and how it effected others. Therefore punishment should be relative to this premise and focus on educating the kids involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It’s too bad the news doesn’t post the whole story.
In the YouTube video, the refugees class mates pipe in saying that the “victim” here, has beat up girls with sticks and other means.
It also goes on to say that the attacker was sticking up for his 2 younger sisters. Whom was also attacked by the Syrian boy.

The news will have you believe it’s some racially motivated attack.
But in reality, it’s just a case of a big brother teaching a little puke a lesson.

Those comments can be seen here

edit on 29-11-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Totally. I think it is a sad reflection of Britain today that the Police are now having to guard this lads home from vigilante action. Whoever invented social media needs hung, drawn and quartering.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: CJCrawley

I have some experience of these matters. But of course, back then, when I was in school, ALL violence got hushed up as much as possible in order to keep the school from being closed. The rugs in that place sat a good foot off the floor at all times, such was the volume of muck ushered under them by the schools administration.

And it has made the news when incidents similar to this have led white, British kids to suicide or to attempt it, or have led children to become seriously depressed.

Also, I think any event in which a child goes through a playground version of waterboarding, SHOULD be headline news, and it absolutely should be headline news in the event that the child in question is being treated that way because of their origins. The fascist should not be excused because they are young, they should not be permitted to perform these acts absent attention, they should be forced to suffer the negative attention of the nation, and their parents, their friends, their support network should be under scrutiny of such magnitude that they cannot take a crap in private, until or unless they simply cease to hold those Nazi beliefs.

Britons have a duty to those who fought for their futures, to never fail to crush and oppress fascists, wherever they are found.

FFS man, I was bullied way worse as a kid and it never made the news, nor did anyone label them "fascists". That';s a new thing that has come about due to concentrated, excessive propaganda. Everyone who you disagree with or don't like is a "fascist" or "racist". You fools are misusing these words to such an extent when the real thing comes around, nobody is going to listen.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

What makes you so sure the kid was a fascist? Do you know the background on why the attack occurred? For all any of us know it had nothing to do with the other kid being Syrian and could have been for a myriad of other reasons.

I think this has been blown out of all proportion to create the narrative you just fell for.

He's a brainwashed, far leftist. This people have been so indoctrinated, they think anyone who opposes them or anyone they don't like is a "fascist". In my experience, the people throwing that label around tend to be the ones acting like fascists.

FOR EXAMPLE:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You're giving too much credit to young boys who I've pointed out are not making rational or sensible decisions, they're flying by the seat of their pants.

16 year old's don't have a world view, much less a political mindset that could deem them "fascist".

To try and start putting that sort of lens on situations of this nature would start a president that would have severe ramifications on the life's of little dumbasses.

I'm not saying we absolve kids of accountability because they're not mature, just saying the punishment should fit the crime.

Kid's bully other kids for being different. Whether you're foreign, over weight, dress different, the intent is the same, to point out differences.

They should all be dealt with the same way, because they are the same by nature of intent IMO.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
nm
edit on 29-11-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Over 100k raised. Ya'll got some serious white guilt.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Rather than skew the issue to fit a different dividing agenda (white guilt), I believe this 100k figure is a brilliant example of the effectiveness of mainstream media propaganda.

Not white guilt.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

^^^Is a perfect example on how to throw gas on a fire that should have been embers in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Twas sarcasm. And it was petrol.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Twas sarcasm. And it was petrol.

Haha, forgive me, it's hard to navigate what is sarcasm and what is not on a message board.

God knows I've said some things sarcastically that people take literally.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yep, what Critical Stinker said....

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've seen how fights like these build up in high school, and one kid pummelling another isn't when it started. It builds up. Some say the refugee kid attacked another girl, and the boy responded by attacking the refugee kid.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It was horrible to watch and I detest bullies in all forms.
What got me though was one of my sons saying "Thats what happens every day in school. Someone is getting taken down somewhere.

So yes, it is only big news because the victim was a refugee.

None of these people posting it gave much of a damn before did they?

I feel really sorry for the kid, I do. Though his dad needs to tell him that it's ok to fight back, even if you don't win. The bullies soon move on to an easier mark.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Welcome to western society.
Learn to fight back or get picked on, especially if you’re different.

Still think he’s probably living a better life han he would’ve at home.
Pansy should count his blessings.

This isn’t news, this just shows to which side the media leans.
Hey Soros, your bias is showing.
edit on 29-11-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join