It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help - Anyone knows the composer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Greets from munich. Me and two colleagues are going nuts because we cant find out who composes this little melody:

Its at 4:47.

I think its a classical theme (Beethoven, Brahms...) and is used in Horror-Movies i guess.

Any ideas anyone? I cant concentrate on work!
edit on 29-11-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You are referring to something that is called a Sting

A sting is a short musical phrase, primarily used in television shows and films as a form of punctuation—for example at the end of a scene, or as a dramatic climax is imminent. It can be played on a variety of instruments and performed by a group or orchestral ensemble.

Another form of sting, often incorrectly called a rimshot, is used only in comedy and played just on percussion instruments (such as drums or cymbals) as a payoff after the delivery of a punchline.

A musical sting can be used in drama, comedy, horror or any genre, and in radio and television advertising. It is a part of the music director's lexicon. It is often used to build tension.

The origins of the Sting are deeply rooted in classical music - namely Wagner - but when applied to drama they were first heard on Radio Shows.

source

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

i found it!(:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Sure.... lol your welcome j/k

top topics

join