It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA says it will NOT repay underpaid GI Bill benefit recipients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think this is just delaying the payment so it doesn't take away the help and resources to make sure other onboard claims get paid properly. I read a small article about this but did not pay too much attention to how this was going to happen.

I didn't think they were going to cancel the payment, just defer it down the road a bit.

I can't find anything that states that. If so, that would be much better than what this article states.

This article says it different than what the news said it was. Same date, almost the same info. www.nbcnews.com...

The article I read was a couple days ago which was saying they would not be able to pay by the deadline or something.

This article is dated earlier in the day, than the one I posted. I would be glad if the one I posted turned out not to be true.

I get hope from the fact that it was aides that told lawmakers this yesterday. I hope they just got it wrong or something.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

The VA has problems getting things done because it became a massive affirmative action jobs program. There's definitely lots of "diversity". Offices full of virtually non-firable government employees. Lots of the people working there see the funding given to the VA as "their" money so if vets actually get any, there's less left for the VA employees' use. For slogan changes and such

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

THIS IS NOT THE POLITICAL MUD PIT!

The topic of this thread is "VA says it will NOT repay underpaid GI Bill benefit recipients." The topic is not each other, and it is not general bickering. Rules for decorum will be enforced. Now, stick to the topic!

Do not reply to this post.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/Member

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah, this is terrible.

Their cyber infrastructure is so outdated, funding is needed in those areas to be honest. Fix that, everything else falls into place.

I've lived this and experienced this myself as I used my GI bill for my Comms degree, people really depend on those funds, especially the housing stipend, which really helps out alot.

I still have plenty of GI bill left and probably a good idea that I took a break recently as this would have really hurt.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

GI Bill (or rather its’ managers) have had problems for a long time. I retired in 2004 and still had some of my Vietnam era GI Bill left (I was allowed to use some of it on AD...well, forced to actually, through one of the many iterations of GI Bill changes over the years).

A few years after I retired, I took some online courses on website development, creative design, photoshop, stress management, etc. (Had to finish using my benefit within 10 years after first used). Not once did I ever receive benefits on time, nor did the school get their payments in a timely manner so it was either I pay or end up with ruined credit. Eventually had to drop it for health reasons (heart attack)...hmmm, never did ask for a refund for the stress management course!

This whole issue should remind Veterans to 1) vote and 2) understand where the people you are voting for stand on Veteran’s health and benefits.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

GI Bill (or rather its’ managers) have had problems for a long time. I retired in 2004 and still had some of my Vietnam era GI Bill left (I was allowed to use some of it on AD...well, forced to actually, through one of the many iterations of GI Bill changes over the years).

A few years after I retired, I took some online courses on website development, creative design, photoshop, stress management, etc. (Had to finish using my benefit within 10 years after first used). Not once did I ever receive benefits on time, nor did the school get their payments in a timely manner so it was either I pay or end up with ruined credit. Eventually had to drop it for health reasons (heart attack)...hmmm, never did ask for a refund for the stress management course!

This whole issue should remind Veterans to 1) vote and 2) understand where the people you are voting for stand on Veteran’s health and benefits.

Well said. Certainly a lot of perspective on the matter that most don’t consider. I haven’t had to deal with such issues. My university has been great at dealing with the VA and acting as a liaison between me and them. My brother, however, not so much. Possibly the difference between a top tier university and a low key speciality school. Not sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Talk to some of the really really old military retirees, they will tell you it was all a lie.
None of them would recommend service for any of the young people.
LIES LIES and more LIES.

All you are left with is a weak poison filled body and bad memories!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Very much hope Trump gets involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join