It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion is the REAL one

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Which, if any, of the religions are real.

Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Judaism, Buddhists, Wiccans, Shinto, Taoists, Voo Doo, Santeria's, Satanists, etc?

Perhaps the source is the same. Perhaps the message is the same. Perhaps the source of the message has always been the same. Perhaps if GOD wanted the same relationship with all of us, we'd be the same. I agree with many statements from various contributors in this forum.

"What you are looking for is what is looking"
--St. Frances of Assisi--

Curious. If you take a globe (which is oblonged and not totally spherical) and give it a twirl and throw a dart at it, consider where the dart lands as your destination. There are only 4 paths you can take that will lead you in a circle, and not your destination. If you start in a straight line going North, South, East or West, your destination may very well elude you. However, if you travel in a straight line in any other direction, eventually you will arrive at your destination. I wonder what sub-conscious effects all these right squared off corners that are all around us have on us? At any rate, if you are walking you may want to be aware that if you are right handed, you take longer strides with your right leg, and if you are left handed, you take longer strides with your left leg. If your journey is a long walk, know that you may walk in circles because of how you are built from the inside.

"Know Thyself"
--Socrates--

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What religion is the real one?

It would have to be the one that doesn't pit it's validity against other concepts.
One that doesn't require followers.
One that doesn't force believers to believe an intangible entity but only to believe in their self.

In short, no religion on this earth has acheieved these goals, hence...every religion that we have every encountered has been the wrong religion.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have to respectfully disagree that all religions point out the same end through different paths, or that Truth(TM) can be found in all. As an example: Heaven's Gate. While I agree that there are similarities in many religions, that's no guarantee that those similarities are in anyway reflective of The Truth(TM).

We can't all be right, but we can all be wrong.

As for which religion is Right(TM), my take is that it doesn't matter. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if there's a god. God doesn't pay my rent.

To further euclidate (yeah, I didn't think I'd ever use that word after college) my point, there's a Buddhist story I like: Someone once asked Buddha all the "big" questions, like why are we here, is there a god, etc. Buddha answered by asking the questioner what he would do if he were shot by a poisoned arrow. Would he ask who shot it, where was it shot from, etc., or would he pull it out?

One of the points I take from this parable is that we are in a situation where we have to solve some very serious today problems, such as AIDS, poverty, and the success of American Idol. We have to deal with the most immediate problems as best we can, and once those are out of the way, then we can have the luxury to consider what Ultimate Truth(TM) might be out there.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just a thought...

What if there is no "right" or "wrong" religion? Isn't it possible that religion is relative? I mean, couldn't God/The Gods reveal itself/themselves to people in ways tailored to each individual?

Just look at culture differences. What one culture does, another one may think it's wrong, but does that make it so? I think that a lot of people confuse "different" with "wrong." This could even be true for atheists; perhaps God/The Gods are seen as the unconscious workings of the cosmos to them. I dunno, these are just my thoughts here...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I have to respectfully disagree that all religions point out the same end through different paths, or that Truth(TM) can be found in all. As an example: Heaven's Gate. While I agree that there are similarities in many religions, that's no guarantee that those similarities are in anyway reflective of The Truth(TM).

Agreed!

As for which religion is Right(TM), my take is that it doesn't matter. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if there's a god. God doesn't pay my rent.

Thats because your not home yet. This is just a short stop over before home. God WILL be paying your rent one day

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I go by this version. No religion. God is you and everything else around you. And because God is a creator, you are a creator as well. Your mind is constantly influencing and creating everything you see and experience. It can do that consciously, but 99.9999% of the time it does that unconsciously.

All wisdom of the world is inside you, not in some book, or from some religion or some people... everything is within you and you just have to learn to get to it.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What you say is true, and believe it or not according to my reading of the words of Christ this is much of what he tries to say.

Now, pound me fellow Christians for speaking such blasphemy.

However, before the pounding remember the parable about the "mustard seed."

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i totally agree that all religions intertwine and religion is just an attempt to define God. But God is so crazily unpredictably vast and unfathomable that no matter what ideas we come up with, i doubt we will ever truly know till we die. Till then, follow your path strong!

(sorry i made up some words---i dont think crazily or unpredictabley is a word)

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Just a thought...

What if there is no "right" or "wrong" religion? Isn't it possible that religion is relative? I mean, couldn't God/The Gods reveal itself/themselves to people in ways tailored to each individual?

Then there is no problem.

What if the other way, what if it does matter. What if there is right and wrong religions and everyone has to make the right choice because your eternity is determined by that decision. I guess everyone better make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, 100% that they have made the right choice.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is more of an opinion thing and theres lots of people out there with lots of em.

But imo when its all said and done i think all religions can be considered real.

Whatever religion you choose to belive in is the one that is real

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Eternal]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malphas
But God is so crazily unpredictably vast and unfathomable that no matter what ideas we come up with, i doubt we will ever truly know till we die.

Where is that written down except on a person's heart. Which if we believe the Bible, mankind is born bent away from Him because of sin.

Where did the notion come from that God doesn't want us to begin to know Him?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
Whatever religion you choose to belive in is the one that is real

That's a nice thought because everyone makes it to heaven. That also allows everyone to make up their own right and wrong. Over the generations rules change and truths are eroded away.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by they see ALL
what did geniuses say about the concept of "god"???

can you name a genius, and then tell me his / her religion???

also, did they give any "evidence" or "reasoning" for their beliefs???

Yes, I can name some geniuses: Yehoshua Ben Yosef (AKA:Jesus), The Upanishads, Russell Targ, Winston Churchill, Jelauddin Rumi, Philipus Aureolus Paracelsus, Plato, Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning Father of Quantum Theory, Confucius, Galileo Galilei, Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Their religion: Truth

Their evidence or reasoning (respectfully to the order stated above):

"The Kingdom of Heaven is ruled by GOD, the One True Father."
“If those who lead you say to you, “See, the Kingdom is in the sky,” then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, “It is in the sea,” then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you will dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.”
--Yehoshua Ben Yosef (AKA: Jesus)-- (All the sayings of Jesus gathered from ancient sources and compiled into a single volume for the first time. Compiled by Ricky Alan Mayotte) From “The Complete Jesus”. (Page 71)

“The spirit down here in man and the spirit up there in the sun, in reality are only one spirit, and there is no other one.”
--The Upanishads--

“Although each of us obviously inhabits a separate physical body, the laboratory data from a hundred years of parapsychology research strongly indicate that there is no separation in consciousness.”
--Russell Targ--

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on.”
--Winston Churchill--

“Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same. Every wonderful sight will vanish; every sweet word will fade, but do not be disheartened, the source they come from is eternal, growing, branching out, giving new life and new joy. Why do you weep? The source is within you and this whole world is springing up from it.”
--Jelauddin Rumi--

“That which the dream shows is the shadow of such wisdom as exists in man, even if during his waking state he may know nothing about it… We so not know it because we are fooling away our time with outward and perishing things, and are asleep in regard to that which is real within ourselves.”
--Philipus Aureolus Paracelsus--

“….Perhaps there is a pattern set up in the heavens for one who desires to see it, and having seen it, to find one in himself.”
--Plato—

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of force …. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”
--Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning Father of Quantum Theory--

“To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.”
--Confucius--

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same GOD who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”
--Galileo Galilei--

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters to what lies within us.”
--Ralph Waldo Emerson--

"The Kingdom of Heaven is ruled by GOD, the One True Father."
"..... the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you."
--Yehoshua Ben Yosef (AKA: Jesus)-- (All the sayings of Jesus gathered from ancient sources and compiled into a single volume for the first time. Compiled by Ricky Alan Mayotte) From “The Complete Jesus”. (Page 71)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I believe that all the world's God's and Goddesses past and present are all important for example, Jesus is God of healing, forgivness and loyality. He says hat his father is almighty, but I say that he is actually symbolising all the other Gods and that is why I say that exodus is the most usless part of the OT. My proof about this is in the book of genesis which is full of pagan stories and in tarot cards there are links toward all religions.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by speight89]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
None of thme, there is no real religion, all of them exist with a only one purpose. A good way to control the masses.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
None of thme, there is no real religion, all of them exist with a only one purpose. A good way to control the masses.

I am sooo controlled, you know me well

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That's a nice thought because everyone makes it to heaven. That also allows everyone to make up their own right and wrong. Over the generations rules change and truths are eroded away.

With all due respect, heaven and hell are concepts specific to only certain religions and so this argument artificially limits the possibilities of which is the "real religion" to a sub-set of those religions.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What if the other way, what if it does matter. What if there is right and wrong religions and everyone has to make the right choice because your eternity is determined by that decision. I guess everyone better make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, 100% that they have made the right choice.

Then GOD WOULD let ALL know the right from wrong. It would not have to be found in a book. Even one who has never seen an automobile, etc would know.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Then GOD WOULD let ALL know the right from wrong. It would not have to be found in a book. Even one who has never seen an automobile, etc would know.

An automobile has a book to let you know what the car can do. The car owners manual tells you how to set the clock and set the radio to the frequencies.

The Bible tells you which frequency is right to hear God.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Differant religions are just differant labels on the same bottle of snake oil. Partake at your own risk.

Ofcourse, this is just mho.

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join