It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion is the REAL one

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hinduism hands down as science can only accept this religion and btw bhuddism is just a copy of hinduism

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Hinduism hands down as science can only accept this religion and btw bhuddism is just a copy of hinduism

Do you have any facts to back that
statement up?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
1)hinduism bellieves in maya which in english means illusion or matrix
2)hinduism believes in karma
3)hinduism believes that when you are purified you then go to the real world and be with the one.ie moksha or salvation.
4)the entire matrix movie is taken from hinduism
5)everything is written and there is no such thing as free will.No one can change his\her destiny\fate.Proof:astrology.Why cuz when you play a game the most imp thing is the story and thats why everything is programmed and if it was not programmed then there would be chaos.this system is in a controlled chaos state.
so in the end hinduism is the only religion that science can accept as it says the the universe is nothing but a compouter generated sim and if you stiill dont belive then tell me when games like farcry,hl2,doom3 can be soo real then imagine what games would be like in 10-20 years.LIfe is just a game my friend.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but you are wrong, Hinduism and Buddhism are completely different beliefs, true Buddhism did origonate in India the place Hinduism started.
I hope you intend to back up your claims, because if you do not intnd to, than do not state such things.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I'm sorry, but you are wrong, Hinduism and Buddhism are completely different beliefs, true Buddhism did origonate in India the place Hinduism started.
I hope you intend to back up your claims, because if you do not intnd to, than do not state such things.

Hmmm, I don't think so. Perhaps the Hinduism that YOU know and the Buddhism you know are completely different beliefs, but they are not necessarily different. Buddha rejected the caste system, the Vedas. That does not mean his ultimate conclusion isn't shared by some Hindu sages. Hinduism does not have any particular set of beliefs, it's an amalgamation of experiences of the divine. So, in the end, Hinduism is NOT different from Buddhism, because whatever Buddha expressed can also be found in the revelations of some Hindu sages. Hinduism doesn't necessitate belief in any god(s), nor does it necessitate belief in a caste system. Anyway, such labels are pointless and lead to spiritual stagnation.

In any case, Buddhism and Hinduism have a great variety of schools of thought. In fact, it is quite hard to distinguish some Buddhist schools of thought from the Hindu ones, because they are so similar. In the end, such distinctions are pointless as what it all boils down to is what you believe in and what you experience. That's it. There is no central figure in Hinduism, therefore, it simply has no dogma attached to it.

Belief in Shiva, Vishnu, and the other gods doesn't mean you're a Buddhist or a Hindu, it just means you believe in those gods.

While Buddhists in one school of thought believe there is no atma, no self, but simply habits that you need to be rid of to experience nirvana (the extinguishing of individuality, the feeling of complete emptiness, of zero attachments to the world), advaita vedanta (one form of Hinduism based on the Vedas) believes that everyone is part and parcel of the universal soul. That our goal is to merge with that universal soul, experience fullness, to become complete, escape samsara the cycle of birth and death. In the end, it's the same message: extinguish our desires in the world, and lose our individuality and become one with the universe. Only real difference is: the basis of Buddhism is emptiness and the idea of there being no atma, while advaita Hinduism is fullness and the idea of an atma. IMHO, this is not a separate philosophy, this is the same destination, just described differently. Where one feels emptiness when united with the divine, one may experience fullness. That does not mean either one is more right than the other.

There is a Hindu parable (sorry this is a very rough presentation of the story, as I don't remember how it exactly goes, but this is the gist of it) about 3 blind men trying to describe what an elephant looks like. One gropes around the elephant's trunk, describes merely that part of the elephant and thinks that's all there is to the elephant. The other gropes around the body of the elephant and describes that part of the elephant. The last describes the tail of the elephant, each one ascribing the qualities of the elephant to be simply that which they've experienced. Yet they are all right, and all wrong at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned, Buddhism and Hinduism are not that different, though there may have been efforts by Hindus and Buddhists over the years to set themselves apart. But that is not of any consequence to enlightenment, Buddhist, Hindu, or otherwise. Both Buddhism and Hinduism use yoga as a path to enlightenment. They both activate their kundalini though they describe it in different ways.

To me, it seems clear that it's the kundalini that is common in all religions. The spiritual energy dormant in man, which leads to the process of enlightenment and the ultimate destination itself, God. However, the kundalini is not at all expressed in the same way, and some religions seem to try to suppress it (possibly as a way to control people or to protect them from experiencing enlightenment when they're not ready for it).

It's the experiences with kundalini that lead to the differing viewpoints because some people have very different perspectives than others, some very different experiences. And some of those people end up being the central authority figures for their religions, their word being that of "God".

In the end, I don't believe any religion is the "Real" religion. I do believe however that the Eastern religions emphasize true spirituality (Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism, etc.) while the Abrahamic religions tend to emphasize a particular path (possibly mandate it even). If we were thinking in terms of yogas, I would say the Abrahamic religions emphasize Bhakti yoga (complete faithful devotion to God), while the Eastern religions keep it open for the spiritual aspirant, though many also think bhakti yoga is the best way to reach God (quite possibly is, though at the same time dogma can be a negative effect of following the path).

[edit on 26-2-2005 by bhagavadgita]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
1)hinduism bellieves in maya which in english means illusion or matrix
2)hinduism believes in karma
3)hinduism believes that when you are purified you then go to the real world and be with the one.ie moksha or salvation.
4)the entire matrix movie is taken from hinduism
5)everything is written and there is no such thing as free will.No one can change his\her destiny\fate.Proof:astrology.Why cuz when you play a game the most imp thing is the story and thats why everything is programmed and if it was not programmed then there would be chaos.this system is in a controlled chaos state.
so in the end hinduism is the only religion that science can accept as it says the the universe is nothing but a compouter generated sim and if you stiill dont belive then tell me when games like farcry,hl2,doom3 can be soo real then imagine what games would be like in 10-20 years.LIfe is just a game my friend.

The Matrix trilogy is based on Hindu foundations, though it borrows from a lot of religions. It's really cool how they set up the end where the 3 main religions discussed have their prophecies fulfilled though. Yes, the majority of it is indeed Hindu, but other religions are used to explore certain facets that are related to the theme of the movies (which happens to be the path to enlightenment).

As for whether our fates are fully decided, sorry, that is not what Hinduism says. That's simply because there is no such thing as "Hinduism says you can't escape fate". There are Hindu sages who believe you can't escape fate, but there are also Hindu sages who believe you CAN. There are Hindu stories of averting fate, and there are Hindu stories of averting fate. There is no stance that Hinduism takes on this, as it is left up to you to determine the truth. However, I do believe there are TENDENCIES that are inherent when you incarnate in this world. Tendencies that come from karmic desires that you have, and need to be fulfilled.

There are opposing viewpoints in Hinduism, such as life is suffering, while another viewpoint is enjoy life as it's a gift, and stuff like that. There is no right answer in Hinduism, you can quote books all you like, the fact is there are no central books in Hinduism, simply opportunities to explore the truth for yourself. The books serve as guides, but they are never mistaken by the true Hindu to be the ultimate repository of all knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
it is my belief that all beliefs have a core of truth, just as they have a thread of commonality. The differences between them and the way that followers see them IMO is the same as if we all were to agree to meet say on the Island of
Guam or Samoa. We would all get there , but our routes of travel would be much different because we all start from different places.

the important thing to remember with journey described as well as the journey
of religion is, "it is not the destination that is important. It is the Journey."

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
bhagavadgita,
Wow, you know alot about them, what I was trying to say is that calling a person a hinduist when there buddhist, is not correct.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All religions are like stepping stones and they lead to knowledge. For knowledge and wisdom and aer the highest and greatest virtues and something all advanced societies reveer. This is why I reveer the Vedas, but I am not going to become Hindu, a Buddhist or a Sikh, even though I highly respect them and consider them the most advanced spiritual traditions in existence today. However, they are not the truth, they only contain truths.

There is truth in everything in this world. Once in a while, it comes out of our mouths too. Just listen for it, if it is true, you will know it. Make, your own religion, your own way of life based on the truths.

The real religion of the Vedas, is not rituals and doctrine, but knowledge and wisdom is how you use this knowledge. This is the knowledge of many spiritual men and rishis and yogis. Read them all, and learn what you need too and what applies to you, then move on.

If there is a true religion, it is a religion of the soul. That is that we are on a journey to find who we are. And we all have to find our own ways. What may work for me, may not work for you. However, to know what works for you, you need to expand your knowledge of what there is. You can't do that by being indoctrinated into a religion. As soon as you are indoctrinated, you are taught how to think, and that is when you limit your evolution.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i dont know i see more Christianity in the Matrix than anything else, but maybe that is because i dont really know the Hindu religion too well. But i believe that Morpheus represents John the Baptist, The Oracle represents Isaiah, The father of the Matrix is The Father, Trinity is the holy spirit, Neo is Jesus, Agent Smith is Satan, the other Agents are the Pharisees, the guy that betrays them is Judas the Iscarot but that is just my oppinion, and sorry to take this thread off topic!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielle0518
Well i cant say that i dont believe in any other religion cuz i havent really been exposed to any thing other than christianity. So thereforeeven if i were to believe in other religion or other gods wouldn't that make me a sinner!??

Yes. Sin is turning away from God, doing what is displeasing to him.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by danielle0518
Well i cant say that i dont believe in any other religion cuz i havent really been exposed to any thing other than christianity. So thereforeeven if i were to believe in other religion or other gods wouldn't that make me a sinner!??

Like I said before...

...the idea of Sin is an invention of man...which came from the Bible...which is also man's creation...

There no such thing as Sin!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
None and All. Many Paths, Same Destination.

sorry bout the one liner, don't punish me
(jk) I'll pay my fines

I couldnt agree more and its worth the points to say so.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

The spirituality of the seeker is far more important than what path it is they have chosen to walk.

Religion is irrellevent.

It is the spirituality of the seeker that is what counts.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

You've said it all in a nutshell...that's what I believe as well. religions are just some-one else's take on how they found their spirituality. After awhile they convince a few others by writing a book and then they'll go forcing it down the throats of every-one else, sometimes at the point of a gun or a sword.

IMO...if you go looking for God outside of yourself, you're deluded...God is inside and the only way to that spirituality is by looking within our own hearts.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Originally posted by saint4God

Like I said before...

...the idea of Sin is an invention of man...which came from the Bible...which is also man's creation...

No it's not.

Originally posted by mwen
There no such thing as Sin!

Yes there is.

I can play this game too

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jah Warrior 108
I think that all religions have certain truths within them but have been corrupted by man to gain power.
Ultimatley if you belive in God and think that he is both omnipitent and omnipresent then you must conclude that he is infinite. By definition something that is infinite can never be 100% explained or understood....Hence all the bickering between man about religion!!

I would have to agree with you and say that this is closest to the answer this thread seems to be looking for.

The problem for all seekers of religious truth, however, is determining which parts of all the religions contain the gems of truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

My beliefs are pretty simple but I have really just started trying to form them.

You said you are just trying to form your belief in God. My suggestion to you is to get a Bible(NIV, NKJV) And committ yourself to reading it. You could go with a certain amount a day(2,3,4 etc. chapters) or read until you feel God has spoken to you, this could mean 1 verse. Prayer is talking to God. So ask Him(literally) to reaveal Himself to you as you read it and help you understand what you are reading. You should begin in the New Testament. Try to set aside the same time of day to do this. If you don't understand something right away, don't let that discourage you. I've been reading in it daily for 12 years and still don't know everything it has to say. And please if you have questions ask me on here or in a U2U. You have nothing to lose by doing this and I feel everything to gain.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I believe in a Higher Power but I can't comprehend what that Power is like nor can even imagine it. I do accept that Higher Power, however. Some may say it's a crutch, a fairy tale, wishful thinking. I choose to believe that something is bigger than us.
As for religions, I think all religions contain certain core beliefs that are fundamental truths. I don't think the Higher Power cares what denomination we belong to or if we go to church...the Power only cares that we adhere to those basic truths which are a respect and love for humanity.
We all search for meaning and truth and we all take different paths to find that truth.
So, what is the "true religion"? There is no "true" religion;only fundamental beliefs that apply to everyone and embody love.
joey

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well... Your body is considered your Temple.

The truth is inside you.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
why beleive in something with a higher power, when u can believe in anything u want, why not make yourself your own ruler, wether a person is good or not does not depend on their religion or what they believe, it is strictly tied in with their morals, and how they were raised, if u make yourself your own god then whose to say that u can't go to heaven, if there is actually such a place, the collective will of all society tells us that we are just mortals, not good enough to be gods, but when u really think of it, unless you believe in some forms of tribal religion or some forms of buddhism, most gods at one time or another were humans themselves, so why not be your own god, and rule your own life, that is my belief, but i also believe in reincarnation which is a whole different subject which i will discuss at a later date

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join