It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland ANTIFA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

California of course. The Agenda21 example of perfection. I live in northern LA county near the Antelope Valley.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm ever more disturbed by the behavior of such folks. I can't quite pinpoint the word I want to use to describe it. Childish.. Cringeworthy.. Embarrassing.. Naive.. Foolish.. Programmed.. Dumb..?

Personally, a sign like that genuinely bothers me. I strongly believe we *should* be working towards a "utopian" ideal. Where the left proposes changes, and the right resists. In this tug of war, the concepts that can actually convince the right to consider it will end up being.. well.. "good."

But demand it?

Its like that phase some of us went through as teenagers where we really thought things were that simple, straightforward, and monolithic and that we truly, genuinely had it all figured out.

By mere guilt by association, a liberal like myself is automatically lumped in with these people. Anything I say is filtered through the lens of these folks actions.

They aren't liberal at all, and only tangentially related to the "left" as we have known it. I think we are seeing the birth of what is, in essence, a new social group/political party. One of statism, globalism, seemingly fascism, and open aggression. All based on transferring and projecting their own worst traits on the "enemy." Its like an intentionally nurtured folie a plusieurs that is given credibility only by virtue of numbers.

Bad mix

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thank you!

Traditionally, each side needs the other and we grow and learn from the give and take. We temper each other's worse impulses. It is fractious and contentious at times, but it's supposed to be because it's through vigorous debate the ideas are conceived of and shaped and improved upon into practical, workable things.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Question:

Why all the post on the "Antifa"? why is there never on the far-rightists groups?

there have been numerous reports on "American" groups going to train in Ukraine

www.mintpressnews.com...

There have been numeour amonts of bomb plots, arrest for guns, explosives, "domestic terrorist activtiy" and ACTUAL MURDER commited by these far-right groups, AND NONE FROM ANTIFA

how come you don't talk about Atomwaffen?

also, how come no one has talked about this?

www.vice.com...

and you are all triggered by a bunch of "radical-Liberals" at best pretending to be Antifa... acting like "Revolutionaries"

you are all getting exposed, it is quite amusing

edit on 28-11-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I have to say about this?
Wow!

What the hell happened to peaceful protesting? Chaining yourself to something? Being proud to show your face, in standing up for what you believe in? NOT antagonizing anti protesters?

If any of them where my child, spiting, punching people? (that pink haired thing that I'm ashamed to admit as my gender?)
I would beat them within an inch of their lives.
You can protest, without being disrespectful. It isn't hard.

And why the hell did Andy have to leave, when he was being sprayed with that silly string? Isn't that crap flammible as hell?
Weak a** police!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

They do this in Portland because they are protected in Portland.

The mayor, the police, the city council are so progressive they make that New York commie chick with the crazy eyes look conservative.

Give it another year and we'll out-do San Francisco as the most disgusting place to live, thanks to leftist douche-bags.

Haha.

Thing is, every single human being that reads "New York commie chick with the crazy eyes" knows EXACTLY who you are referring to...

What a world.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These people don't understand how foolish their desire to fight and possibly create a war with others is. They won't last long in a real fight.
edit on 11/28/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: KKLOCO

There are so many great restaurants that we just don't bother going to any more because of the craziness.

Aahhh the restaurants and bars! To name a few in that district: Huber’s, Montage, Jakes, Mother’s... damn I wish AZ had that diversity.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Patriot Prayer is right in that video.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Patriot Prayer is right in that video.

Yup, right there in the video.....being chased down the street, verbally threatened, spat on.....etc...etc.

Bunch of Nazis they are.
edit on 28-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I was also the person who posted the angry mob outside the Democrat office in Florida during election season. They were Republicans mad that Donna Shalala brought a Castro sympathizer into a district full of people who had fled Castro's Cuba, but that was also a video of an angry right-leaning mob.

I guess there is no pleasing some people when you also gore their sacred cow.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She's tweaking hard or suffering from some additional chromosomes, not exactly sure which.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
God I hate these people. Telling an Asian man he’s been oppressed by white men, while at that very moment, being oppressed by a white woman SJW who is making the claim. She is by the very definition oppressing him.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

They aren't liberal at all, and only tangentially related to the "left" as we have known it. I think we are seeing the birth of what is, in essence, a new social group/political party. One of statism, globalism, seemingly fascism, and open aggression. All based on transferring and projecting their own worst traits on the "enemy." Its like an intentionally nurtured folie a plusieurs that is given credibility only by virtue of numbers.

Bad mix

Credibility by numbers...or perception of having them.
Nice summation in your paragraph.
The madness of mary ( would that be apparitions of mary?)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I doubt many of these guys really give a damn about what it is they claim to be against, I think its more just an outlet for aggression, an excuse for violence.

I'm sure though that there's also decent, caring people amongst them but they haven't yet realised their cohorts are more interested in creating issues than solving them.

Sometimes wisdom needs to come from direct experience.
Wisdom for them to understand that they are becoming what they despise, this sincere reflection and honest self evaluation I would hope cull their numbers dramatically.
Especially when they finally wake up and realise that the troublemakers are most certainty there just for the lulz, and could care less about dragging everyone else down with them.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

We can all hope that, but this didn't happen in Germany or China or other places around the world and a lot people buried in mass graves paid the price.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
I doubt many of these guys really give a damn about what it is they claim to be against, I think its more just an outlet for aggression, an excuse for violence.

A generation raised on Smash the State propaganda.

I used to know this type of protester in the 90's.

You hit the nail on the head.

Another Ten Minute Hate.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We can all hope that, but this didn't happen in Germany or China or other places around the world and a lot people buried in mass graves paid the price.

I try to keep my faith in human nature and my hope that most people are generally good, and will do the right thing given the opportunity(beyond a certain age group anyway), despite what the media would have us believe.
Still I guess that its a good thing Antifa don't have any real power because like other extremist groups, left and right, given the opportunity they could well decide that there should be a final solution for certain groups.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I refuse to live in Portland.

I refuse to have my family live in Portland.

It's just nuts there.
But I also avoid the areas downtown where they do gather. I avoid the businesses, the shops, the commerce there because I don't want to deal with the homeless crowds, the inane protests, etc.

Me and my family lived near Portland for a couple years right before Trump was elected. We lived in Hillsboro. I worked in North Portland for Portland University. We would often take the train into downtown. Other than the homeless problem, I really enjoyed the city and surrounding area. Tons of great restaurants, breweries and shops. The surrounding beauty of the forests and mountains is second to none. Cool places to see as you walk around. I miss it and living in the PNW over all.

Looking at all of these protests does make me glad we got out before Trump was elected. Don't get me wrong, there were protests before, but not to this extent. People there have lost their mind.

I still want to return to the coast but I'm not sure about the Portland area. Maybe south Oregon or Northern California which I really enjoyed as well.
edit on 29-11-2018 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The problems come with the talking stops. So long as people who disagree are talking to each other, even if they only agree to disagree in the end, they are meeing each other eye to eye and it's harder to dehumanize one another. When you stop talking, you stop meeting the other and you can start to turn them into something less than human. Once you do that, it gets much easier to start justifying very dark things indeed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join