It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Why Many of Us Supported Donald Trump...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ok I see now, you are writing a satire post. Ok have fun.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Oh my bad, I was too busy laughing, I will edit that...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

According to this video he's a rich roster sucker:

The owners of this country do not care what you think or who you vote for.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: whywhynot

More people did not support Trump, than that did.

It’s a good thing that we abide by the Constitution that governs our republic. It doesn’t matter what the popular vote totalled.

Yeah, I know, right.

Did you also know that Trump has issued five executive orders that have been blocked because they are unconstitutional?

Hand on heart.

So what? It takes awhile to drain the swamp of these leftest judges.

Love you Trump.

It isn't a swamp, it is the third arm of government.

And not all of the judges are leftist.

The swamp is comprised of these crooked judges and politicians.

Not all judges are lefties just the crooked ones

You really don’t understand this very well.

The power of all judges is in the application of established law.

If the law disagrees with their personal opinions, then they are forced, by the rules of the Judiciary, to comply with the law.

That's why the Judiciary isn't like the Legislature or Presidency. They cannot let personal opinions direct their rulings.

I earlier said that you didn’t understand this, now I’m saying that you really don’t understand this at all.

You have stated the principles I am talking the practical application. If you really are interested in learning more about US judicial practice just google judges who legislate from the bench to get you started.

But you don't see the issue where Pence says that Trump will appoint judges who will "strictly construe the constitution", and then Trump wails against the 9th Circuit because he keeps getting knocked back for unconstitutionality?

Surely the judges are doing exactly what they are supposed to do, in ensuring that the constitution maintains its primacy, and that this is sticking to the letter of the law (which, apparently, Trump is not doing).

The right of veto that the different branches of the government have over each other is supposed to maintain the balance and is written into the constitution.

Attempts to upset that balance are unconstitutional and dictatorial.

The problem is the 9th circuit judgments keep getting overturned by the supreme court.
Because the 9th circuit legislates from the bench.
Rather than: "doing exactly what they are supposed to do, in ensuring that the constitution maintains its primacy, and that this is sticking to the letter of the law"

I appreciate your position, but you might want too look into what you are defending before defending it.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The EC is a vestige of a bygone era that serves no use today aside from giving the presidential candidate of the more conservative party a baked in advantage. And despite all this blah blah blah about "our nation's founding" that's literally the only reason why right-wingers want it preserved.

Spoken like a true 'progressive' ... by which I actually mean regressive.

The EC is brilliant and only ignorant people think otherwise.

And before you say anything, yes I know Trump thought the EC was bad too.

Then he won the 2016 Presidential Election.

And became President of the United States.

MWA HA HA HA HA HA
edit on 28-11-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It’s a good thing that we abide by the Constitution that governs our republic. It doesn’t matter what the popular vote totalled.

Yeah, I know, right.

Did you also know that Trump has issued five executive orders that have been blocked because they are unconstitutional?

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

If the law disagrees with their personal opinions, then they are forced, by the rules of the Judiciary, to comply with the law.

That's why the Judiciary isn't like the Legislature or Presidency. They cannot let personal opinions direct their rulings.

I earlier said that you didn’t understand this, now I’m saying that you really don’t understand this at all.

You have stated the principles I am talking the practical application. If you really are interested in learning more about US judicial practice just google judges who legislate from the bench to get you started.

But you don't see the issue where Pence says that Trump will appoint judges who will "strictly construe the constitution", and then Trump wails against the 9th Circuit because he keeps getting knocked back for unconstitutionality?

Surely the judges are doing exactly what they are supposed to do, in ensuring that the constitution maintains its primacy, and that this is sticking to the letter of the law (which, apparently, Trump is not doing).

The right of veto that the different branches of the government have over each other is supposed to maintain the balance and is written into the constitution.

The problem is the 9th circuit judgments keep getting overturned by the supreme court.
Rather than: "doing exactly what they are supposed to do, in ensuring that the constitution maintains its primacy, and that this is sticking to the letter of the law"

I appreciate your position, but you might want too look into what you are defending before defending it.

Has the Supreme Court overturned on appeal, any of the cases where Trump was blocked?

... and wouldn't the Supreme Court upholding the appeals process and overturning bad rulings ensure that all the other judges must stick to the rules and not be able to legislate from the bench?

edit on 28/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Yeah, I know, right.

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

Has the Supreme Court overturned on appeal, any of the cases where Trump was blocked?

... and wouldn't the Supreme Court upholding the appeals process and overturning bad rulings ensure that all the other judges must stick to the rules and not be able to legislate from the bench?

Yes and . . .
No.

Opinionated Judges are just that.
That is why there is a supreme court.
It is kind of fascinating if you look into it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I am like Trump. (Nobody likes me.) Not kidding.

I voted for Trump and I think he's a disgusting jerk. I don't know anything - not a single goddamned thing - about politics, so I honestly can't judge his political existence. To me he's a gross, corny guy from TV.

But still I admire a certain breed of hated things and people.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There is a clear globalist elite agenda being forced.

Trump represented everything against that

And still even as president you see how powerful the deep state globalist elite really are.

Democrats have become antifa, BLM, LGBTQ, illegal aliens, muslims and felons.

If you dont seem to fit in there. Run away fast.

Because the new democratic party ready to kick out the old will make heads spin

BLM, LGBTQ, and muslims all said they want to be conferred with first, before Democrats pass anything

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thank you whyamihere, I am an independent, an Air Force Veteran and 'his' voice sounded like mine.
He didn't sound like anyone else and he has the testicular fortitude to do things in a non-PC way. In addition to this, I have two sons and one of their finance's in the Air Force serving now... I would never vote for Hillary Clinton to have
control over the military. I am not a Republican, not a Democrat, but simply an American, who actually cares.
The reason so many who voted for Trump take things said by the left personally , is because they really hated us first.
Our ideas, our words, our concepts, our patriotism, our loyalty, our integrity. It's very simple. We kept silent for the most part while Barry was in office for 8 years, dividing this country like never before. He and his so called wife, began the whole "Blame the whitey" for all things bad in the USA. Gun sales went up hundreds of percentage points, as well as sales of the Confederate battle flag. From George Bush (the elder) to Barry Soetoro... I have no love for racists politicians with an agenda that is purely about their gain. We voted for someone who hopefully didn't follow the DC crap agenda.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The simple answer is that we are a Republic of different, but United, States.

Pretty entry level civics when it comes to why we have an electoral college.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I guess I just don't get how people respect him as a human.

I understand agreeing with policies.

I understand wanting something different.

I understand hating Hillary.

I don't need to be coddled, but he is just such an disrespectful, narcissist.

Just like 99% of all politicians...on all sides. And to think, if Obama hadn’t challenged him at that correspondent’s dinner with “You’re not the President”, he likely wouldn’t have ever run (Trump).

Like others here, lesser of two evils. Had the Dems allowed Sanders to run, he may very well have been the lesser of two evils!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
For the first time in a long time the DC Swamp is nervous.

The DC swamp could never be nervous with aRothschild puppet in office.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: whywhynot

Oh my bad, I was too busy laughing, I will edit that...

I’ll keep laughing while Trump and a Republican Senate appoint the next 2 Supreme Court Justices and 75 to 100 federal judges. And, you know the punchline? They serve for life! Hahaha

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

But he lies as much or more than the people we are sick of. His only interest is himself. The best part of him is doesn't bow to party lines, but if you are looking for honest.. DJT isn't it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I chose him because he is not a lawyer but a businessman yes he has declared bankruptcy in the past but always comes back on top.

He knows that a service based economy that Bush liked to act like was a great thing sucks donkey balls
He knows that for our economy to grow we need to start building thins again. So he is trying to get companies to move factories back to America by using tariffs as he should. Companies like gm who took a taxpayer bailout over a billion dollars and sent it overseas to Brazil should be forced to pay back to Americans our money they used to shore up Brazilian workers .
Yes Mr. Trump is an asshole but you know what sometimes you need an asshole to get crap done.

Plus he is not a member of Clinton crime family.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I like trump. It's OK to like someone who is not politically correct and dishes it out as much as he takes it. this seems to be the new method of attack to try to separate his supporters from him but it's not going to work.

"it's OK to like his policies but not him" is simply a mode of attack for 2020 so the dems can run someone on the same platform as trump and win then they'll just do the same old establishment crap that they were doing before trump. Or much worse (more likely IMO).

Trumps policies are inseparable from him as far as either party is concerned. He's proved that it's not that his policies are unachievable politically (like dems/reps continually told us) but that they're not the plan that the uniparty has for the US.

If trump doesn't win again in 2020 you better get ready for historic oppression in the US. They're going to come hard after every trump supporters rights. It'll likely mean a real civil war, which none of us want but are willing to have if it needs be.

The sad part is who do we elect in 2024? I don't see another trump out there anywhere. IMO the writing is on the wall for some terrible things with the next president whether it's 2024 or 2020. The only real hope against such things is that trump can take down the deep state before the next president is beholden to them.
edit on 29-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He's a product of the private sector...

He's not perfect. But he hasn't sold out his country men to foreign interests like 99% of the establishment. That alone makes him voteworthy.

Could care less about his coarse demeanor. In fact I take enjoyment watching him spout hard truths and explode sjw heads on the daily. Manors and decorum be damned.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why would RINO Senator Jeff Flake Retire, while he's having so much fun fighting against President Trump, like he's doing this week?

Flake Blocks Trump Judges: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why would RINO Senator Jeff Flake Retire, while he's having so much fun fighting against President Trump, like he's doing this week?

...because he recognized the fact that he was going to be voted out of office in the primaries in AZ had he not retired.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join