It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Why Many of Us Supported Donald Trump...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Like many others here I voted for Trump for 2 main reasons:

1 - Anyone but Hillary - (I would have voted for Daffy Duck if that was my only other choice)

2 - He was an outsider and actually had a few positions I thought had some merit.

And then a miracle occurred.

He actually began implementing - or at least trying to implement - exactly what he said he would. Lo & behold, here stood a politician that actually did what he said he was going to do. And people screamed even though he told them exactly what was coming. They made the mistake of thinking he was just another politician that had no intention of backing up his words with actions. Big mistake.

Can he be a clown & a buffoon at times? Absolutely. Is he effective as hell - Damn straight.

And unless the Dems find a decent candidate to run against him in a little over a year, he'll be re-elected.

And that's the way it should be...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You can't marginalize the majority and then weigh that against a minority, that is NOT democracy, that is the enforced rule over the many by the few. In the US's case, due to the power of wealth, it is a plutocratic oligarchy.

That's one hell of a word salad you used in order to avoid the truth: We have an Electoral College that ensures that even the small states have a stake in the process.

To you, that's unfair because New York, California, Texas, and Florida don't automatically get to run roughshod over the rest of the country.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: whywhynot

More people did not support Trump, than that did.

It’s a good thing that we abide by the Constitution that governs our republic. It doesn’t matter what the popular vote totalled.

Yeah, I know, right.

Did you also know that Trump has issued five executive orders that have been blocked because they are unconstitutional?

Hand on heart.

So what? It takes awhile to drain the swamp of these leftest judges.

Love you Trump.

It isn't a swamp, it is the third arm of government.

And not all of the judges are leftist.

The swamp is comprised of these crooked judges and politicians.

Not all judges are lefties just the crooked ones

You really don’t understand this very well.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yes, I'm well aware that you enjoy a system where some uneducated hick living in the middle of nowhere casts a vote that is worth more than mine.

This right here is what cost you the election in 2016. This notion that you're better than those who provide for and feed you. Those "flyover" country people would never have any representation because to you, all those people are worthless.

Let's see you try and eat your Apple Smartwatch, Jerk.

All votes should be equal.

Bull#. You obviously don't believe this is true considering the drivel you wrote in the previous paragraph.

This imbalanced tiered voting system is unAmerican at its core.

It's only imbalanced because you lost.
edit on 28 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I guess I just don't get how people respect him as a human.

I understand agreeing with policies.

I understand wanting something different.

I understand hating Hillary.

I don't need to be coddled, but he is just such an disrespectful, narcissist.

Judge Not Lest Ye be Judged .

Someone comes along and Offers you Hope , you turn your Back on Him Because ?...............Hmm...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Meh. I was a Cruz guy. Still am, actually. But my 2 viable choices were Trump and Clinton. Trump's platform aligned better with my ideology.

I sometimes wish someone would take away his twitter account, or that he would hand it over to a middle man to soften his statements, but at the same time I admire that he speaks his mind unlike most other politicians.

shrug

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that the EC gives rural voters disproportionate sway, rigging the system in favor of the candidate who panders hardest to the minority living in the most sparsely populated areas.

...as opposed to the system the left wants which grants sway to the candidate who panders most to the minorities living in the most densely populated areas, I presume?

No?

What is the justification for this electoral affirmative action? Why does my vote for president count 1/3 as much as the vote of somebody living in Wyoming?

The US is a Republic of member states, not a Democracy for starters. It's part of the nation's founding and the only reason the idea of a "United States" got off the ground to begin with.

The EC is a vestige of a bygone era that serves no use today aside from giving the presidential candidate of the more conservative party a baked in advantage. And despite all this blah blah blah about "our nation's founding" that's literally the only reason why right-wingers want it preserved.

Bygone era? Poppycock. The EC works exactly how it was designed to work and works well. The only problem with having an EC is having to listen to all you whiners piss and moan about it when it doesn't work in your favor. Get over it and grow up for christ sakes all your whining has gotten old, people are sick of listening to ya'll babies.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They rigged the DNC election for her, the FBI pardoned her before
they even investigated her crimes and she still coudln't win.

Talk to me about something genuine because it is not her!

Also too many dead people voting in Calif and NY.

I suspect in your world you would have the FBI chose the winner,
you won't admit it but it is all there in your posts.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

www.thebalance.com...

One side variable which the media seems to ignore, the entirety of the Obama economy was "growing" during an unprecedented run of near zero Fed interest rates. 7 years of 0.25%, 1 of 0.50%, and another quarter percent increase right at the end of the Obama era. Since then, under Trump, the economy has grown steadily alongside 7 rate hikes, the latest bringing the rate to 2.25%. In practical terms, that means The Trump economy has grown at rates similar to the best Obama rates with 9 times the downward pressure on that growth. (0.25% versus 2.25%) that's a significant difference. The Fed had to keep the rates near zero for 7 years just to avoid crushing the fragile growth Obama oversaw. We will likely see more fed hikes in the coming quarters, and if we're sitting at 3-3.25% rates with a 3% growth rate at this time next year, then there's just no way to say the Trump economy hasn't outperformed Obama and the pre-Great Recession Bush years.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul isn't ultimately a sustainable business practice. It is far better to aim for overall growth.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You can't marginalize the majority and then weigh that against a minority, that is NOT democracy, that is the enforced rule over the many by the few. In the US's case, due to the power of wealth, it is a plutocratic oligarchy.

That's one hell of a word salad you used in order to avoid the truth: We have an Electoral College that ensures that even the small states have a stake in the process.

To you, that's unfair because New York, California, Texas, and Florida don't automatically get to run roughshod over the rest of the country.

"For the people by the people" not "For the corporate entity by the corporate entity".

America is no longer the wild frontier. Those heavily agricultural states have real money and power over the populous states because they feed (and clothe and house) them.

edit on 28/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Having a near zero bankrate is very much robbing Peter to pay Paul, I very much agree. The raising rates indicate a much healthier economy and outlook than we saw with the Obama economy.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It’s a good thing that we abide by the Constitution that governs our republic. It doesn’t matter what the popular vote totalled.

Yeah, I know, right.

Did you also know that Trump has issued five executive orders that have been blocked because they are unconstitutional?

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

The power of all judges is in the application of established law.

If the law disagrees with their personal opinions, then they are forced, by the rules of the Judiciary, to comply with the law.

That's why the Judiciary isn't like the Legislature or Presidency. They cannot let personal opinions direct their rulings.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I don't need to be coddled, but he is just such an disrespectful, narcissist.

All politicians are disrespectful, narcissist the difference with trump he is not as good as hiding it from the public as the Obamas, Bush, Clintons , etc.

the Obamas , Bush, Clintons are just better at acting like they are presidential and respectable while they lie to your face with their manufactured persona and then turn around and stick it to you.

I think besides people being sick of career politicians and running the worst candidate ever such as Hillary while under criminal investigation against him, people voted for trump because they are even more fed up with the manufactured politician persona. Then add the fact that it appeared that all the right people hated him was a cherry on top.

And no i'm not a trump supporter nor did I vote for him and unlikely to vote for him.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, right.

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

If the law disagrees with their personal opinions, then they are forced, by the rules of the Judiciary, to comply with the law.

That's why the Judiciary isn't like the Legislature or Presidency. They cannot let personal opinions direct their rulings.

I earlier said that you didn’t understand this, now I’m saying that you really don’t understand this at all.

You have stated the principles I am talking the practical application. If you really are interested in learning more about US judicial practice just google judges who legislate from the bench to get you started.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
DP

edit on 28-11-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, right.

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

You actually believe that don't you...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, only because it’s the truth!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

edit on 28-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: oops made a mistake

edit on 28-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: and im a moron..😊

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, right.

Hand on heart.

Love you Trump.

I earlier said that you didn’t understand this, now I’m saying that you really don’t understand this at all.

You have stated the principles I am talking the practical application. If you really are interested in learning more about US judicial practice just google judges who legislate from the bench to get you started.

But you don't see the issue where Pence says that Trump will appoint judges who will "strictly construe the constitution", and then Trump wails against the 9th Circuit because he keeps getting knocked back for unconstitutionality?

Surely the judges are doing exactly what they are supposed to do, in ensuring that the constitution maintains its primacy, and that this is sticking to the letter of the law (which, apparently, Trump is not doing).

The right of veto that the different branches of the government have over each other is supposed to maintain the balance and is written into the constitution.

Attempts to upset that balance are unconstitutional and dictatorial.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: whywhynot

I see you deleted your comment , I take it someone pointed out how silly it was...

Not true I deleted a double post. Are you a Moron!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join