It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Why Many of Us Supported Donald Trump...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: whyamIhere

I swear you people are so owned!

Trump is just a rich b grade reality actor, who's sole desire is to have his own ego stroked by the minnion masses.

He doesn't stand for anything, he doesn't have some kind of higher moral code.... How stupid and ignorant would a person need to be, to claim any different?

All he ever does is constantly repeat stereotypical right wing catchphrases, to appeal to his core base.

His done nothing but further divide the American people... And he doesn't deliberately create all this political hostility among the American people, for some greater good... He does it purely to gratify his own narcissistic ego.

Seriously, some of you Trump supporters need to get a grip... Your little Trump fetish is starting to cause you to lose touch with reality.

Says someone who doesn't live in the US nor has reaped any benefits that Trump has rewarded nor suffered in the crap that has come out of the previous dicta... *cough* commun... *cough* administrations.
edit on 28-11-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: theantediluvian
That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that the EC gives rural voters disproportionate sway, rigging the system in favor of the candidate who panders hardest to the minority living in the most sparsely populated areas.

...as opposed to the system the left wants which grants sway to the candidate who panders most to the minorities living in the most densely populated areas, I presume?

They would be happy until the first time "their" candidate lost a popular vote, then I guarantee they would want to change the rules again to make it more "fair".

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

www.investors.com...

If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes. And if California voted like every other Democratic state — where Clinton averaged 53.5% wins — Clinton and Trump end up in a virtual popular vote tie.

I certainly don't want California deciding the fate of my country.

Especially when I see what they're doing to Texas.

Texas... You whore! How could you! Hipsters? Really?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Trump is just a rich b grade reality actor, who's sole desire is to have his own ego stroked by the minnion masses.

He doesn't stand for anything, he doesn't have some kind of higher moral code.... How stupid and ignorant would a person need to be, to claim any different?

All he ever does is constantly repeat stereotypical right wing catchphrases, to appeal to his core base.

His done nothing but further divide the American people... And he doesn't deliberately create all this political hostility among the American people, for some greater good... He does it purely to gratify his own narcissistic ego.

Seriously, some of you Trump supporters need to get a grip... Your little Trump fetish is starting to cause you to lose touch with reality.

Says someone who doesn't live in the US nor has reaped any benefits that Trump has rewarded nor suffered in the crap that has come out of the previous dicta... *cough* commun... *cough* administrations.

OK, so lets pretend I did live in the US and was just some average factory worker, earning say 50k a year.

Forget the rhetoric for a second... cause talk is cheap.

What's Donald actually physically done, which would theoretically allow me to 'reap the benefits' of?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

He cut the payroll tax giving all bigger paychecks.

He is reviewing money we throw away to the rest of the world.

He has slowed the flood of migrants.

He has given critically ill patients the right to try new drugs.

He is the first President many Americans feel has their back.

I know you weren’t addressing me...but, my two cents.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

www.investors.com...

If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes. And if California voted like every other Democratic state — where Clinton averaged 53.5% wins — Clinton and Trump end up in a virtual popular vote tie.

So what are you blaming Texas for?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Just as a single filer with no dependents, using this calculator you'd be paying $1,121.75 less in taxes per year thanks to the Trump tax plan. You're also out from under the crippling weight of the Obamacare mandate/insurance company give away. That's one tangible, physical benefit of his presidency.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: theantediluvian

Those rural voters in 11 states still wouldn't be enough to equal the 55 EC votes she got in one state. How does that disproportionately sway anything?

What's really funny is, they still don't believe we have 20-30 million illegals in the country, many of whom likely voted. Hell, even according to a faulty census, there are between 11 and 12 million illegals in the country.

According to the Electoral Studies Journal, in 2014 alone, illegal immigrant votes were quite substantial.

Source

That right there instantly kills 'Billeries' lead and then some, making her LOSE the electoral.

lol some people just dont get it. They want to keep holding on to that dying dream.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: LSU2018

I care. I don't think he represents our country well.

I respectfully disagree.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Great point. They want around 400 counties to determine the vote over roughly 2400 counties.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: theantediluvian
That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that the EC gives rural voters disproportionate sway, rigging the system in favor of the candidate who panders hardest to the minority living in the most sparsely populated areas.

...as opposed to the system the left wants which grants sway to the candidate who panders most to the minorities living in the most densely populated areas, I presume?

They would be happy until the first time "their" candidate lost a popular vote, then I guarantee they would want to change the rules again to make it more "fair".

Well said! I know D’s get two votes R’s get half a vote. Yah, that works! Poor babies.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: DBCowboy

Great point. They want around 400 counties to determine the vote over roughly 2400 counties.

They despise sovreignty and national borders... why in the hell would they respect defense against the tyranny of the majority?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

If we went full popular vote, then we'd be voiding half of the Great Compromise which lead to the ratification of the Constitution... meaning we may as well eliminate the second half of that compromise, as well... bye-bye US House of Representatives, hello government of the Senate, SCOTUS, and POTUS.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

OK, so lets pretend I did live in the US and was just some average factory worker, earning say 50k a year.

What's Donald actually physically done, which would theoretically allow me to 'reap the benefits' of?

I think you may have been partaking in some of those mushrooms.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So your saying I'd be getting an extra $23 a week?

Fair enough... We just got some tax cuts down under as well, I went from $1020 a week to $1040. I'm pretty stoked about it... I mean, It's better than a kick in the teeth, right?

But still, 20 extra measly dollars a week in my pay isn't enough to buy my unquestioned loyalty.

I'm sure most of the Trump supporters in hindsight would say the same.

So I highly doubt those tax cuts has much of all to do with this obsessive blind support of Donald... Theirs something deeper going on here... something far more psychological... I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it feels cultish.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I’m telling you mate to just say no.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

And you idiots need to understand the electoral college exists to balance mob rule by more heavily populated states. She won popular vote due to CALIFORNIA, that's it 1 state heavily populated by Democrats who are out of touch with reality and lost in their ideology for a "perfect world where everyone lives in absolute equality and peace". Such does not exist nor ever will.

I seriously do not want those idiots in that state from determining the fate of the country.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

But still, 20 extra measly dollars a week in my pay

LOL. That posturing always amuses me. "Measly $20 a week" usually comes from the left... who, amazingly, sure didn't call that type of money chicken feed 6 years ago when they were sticking it to the middle class with Obamacare.
jezebel.com...

According to a new report from The Center for American Progress, the cost of birth control is prohibitive or hardship-inducing for a number of women that would likely cause Rick Santorum's sweatervest to burst into flames. Three fourths of women of reproductive age have private insurance, but even with private insurance, women often have to shoulder more of the cost of birth control than do plan participants with other prescriptions, which can run upwards of $50 per month, depending on the method.

A $50 a month cost... HARDSHIP INDUCING!!! An $80 a month windfall of your own earnings... MEASLY!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Not that it matters since you can't pretend, it doesn't make any sense or difference. Why pick specifics. Let's just go general for a level playing field. You obviously want to pick a failed position that is the result of leftest companies doing everything they can to stiff Trump's actions.

Let's use me... An American Joe Blow, nothing important, works in a Technical job in the Industry Field... Your average run of the mill guy who supports all the lower class and non working freebies that's tossed out like candy... A guy who's taxes goes to the majority of spending in this country...

Well... Let's see.

Good:
- I get a bigger paycheck every 2 weeks than before. Thanks Trump for those tax cuts!
- I get a sense of SOMETHING being done for a change instead of blowing smoke up my "bum".
- Man is he pissing off the dems and the reps!
- Keeps me laughing daily with his tweets. He's a fun PoTUS
- Anyone trying to get rid of Obummer Care is my hero
- Did I already mention that I get to keep more of my money?
- Made the world know that the US will not be pushed around in trade - we're not longer giving everything away for free
- Economy is so much better.
- Stock market was looking great until the leftist imbeciles got in the way.
- Oil/Gas prices are lower but that's kind of a loss for me.. But hey, I can't be greedy! Share and share alike, right?
- Trump is trying to stop Immigration but the dummies that think we need immigration are trying to stop him. (don't you dodos know that illegal immigration just means more of my taxes feed, house and support them? I'm not working to put food in YOUR mouth... I'm working to put food in MINE.

That's just my own little personal faves. I didn't even get near the actual things he's done for the country. You can read the stuff right from the Whitehouse if you want. It says "FACT" Sheet right there at the time.

Bad:
- Healthcare SUCKS!
- Healthcare COST SUCKS!
- I have a JOB and I CAN'T afford to go to the DOCTOR!
- Insurance rates seem to be going up every year!

Oh wait... That's not Trump's fault. That's Obama's fault!

Let's start over....
- I keep hearing the screams and cries of idiots yelling "He's NOT MY PRESIDENT"!
- Fake News abound!
- Hipsters!
- People are getting beat up for being a republican
- People's cars are being set on fire and property damaged for being a republican

Oh sorry... I did it again! That's not Trump's fault. That's all the leftist bastards in office inciting all of this garbage.

One more time:
- Illegals are pouring over....

Awe dammit! I have no bad things to say about Trump!

Oh wait... He's a male chauvinist pig!

Hmmmm But then... Aren't we all? If you're not, you're either just too damn politically correct or you live a sad boring life.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

www.investors.com...

So what are you blaming Texas for?

I'm not blaming Texas for anything other than letting californians in by the droves. The liberal wave is a plague upon this Great LoneStar State.

Before long, we'll be forced to take mandatory painting classes or be kicked out of the country!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join