It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Why Many of Us Supported Donald Trump...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: LSU2018

I think my vote should be equal. Do you?

Yes, I do. And it is. It would be unequal if the extra 3 million votes in the most populated and most liberal state got to decide the election for the rest of us instead of giving Clinton 55 EC votes.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I care. I don't think he represents our country well.

edit on 28-11-2018 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I voted for Trump because everywhere I look I see the country being taken over by people from Mexico or South America, aka illegals.

Yes, I want this country to stay a majority white, because I think that majority white countries are better off. There's no denying that fact, really.

Call me a racist, I don't care. It is what is is.

Well since you said I can, you are a racist.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The majority of people in the majority of counties in the majority of states. . . voted for Trump.

Haters?

Time to get over it.

If you don't like Trump, just vote for someone different in 2020.

I remember them telling us that same thing after 0bama won.

"If you don't like the outcome of the election, vote for someone else."

So you vote for someone else, he wins, and the same people echoing those words turn into limp noodles and collapse to the floor.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: headorheart

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: whyamIhere

More people did not support Trump, than that did.

In California.

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote.

Yes. The vast majority of those in California.

This is why we have an electoral college.

I don't like the electoral college. That is personal opinion. I am not saying I'm right, but I live in Illinois. Up until 2016, I always voted republican. My vote never counted. It didn't count in 2016 either since I wrote in, but that was my own choice. It was super frustrating know every election that my vote did not count. I think one person should equal one vote.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Those rural voters in 11 states still wouldn't be enough to equal the 55 EC votes she got in one state. How does that disproportionately sway anything?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

You don't make any sense.

In the same post you decry major population centers like Chicago determining your vote, then in the same post want to have major population centers in the country determine the vote.

?????????

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: chr0naut

You may want to check a county by county breakdown of 2016, and rethink that particular statement...

Here's a map for you.

Why would he want to check the county by county breakdown exactly? He said "the rest of the country" right? I'm assuming he was referring to people.

The reason she lost was because she ignored fly-over country, the South, and rural America.

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that the EC gives rural voters disproportionate sway, rigging the system in favor of the candidate who panders hardest to the minority living in the most sparsely populated areas.

Consider this fun fact:

Rural areas cover 97 percent of the nation’s land area but contain 19.3 percent of the population (about 60 million people)

What is the justification for this electoral affirmative action? Why does my vote for president count 1/3 as much as the vote of somebody living in Wyoming?

Why should those living in populous urban areas have more say over those living in rural areas?

Technically, those in the most populous areas do get more votes as they get more EC votes. People mistakenly think and individual vote counts and it doesn't. Your individual vote is what determines the EC vote of your state. If you live in a very populous state, that state gets more votes hence CA having 55 electoral college votes.

Our system is a Republic. Not a democracy. Majority does not rule as the majority is not always right or just. Fortunately, our founders recognized this...

Trump won because he flipped states that Democrats chose to ignore and had written off... This election was decided by like 100,000 votes in a few states. Had Democrats not sh*t on blue collar white men, she would have won.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is why I said I don't like the electoral college and its a personal opinion. I understand why it exists. As a voter though it is very frustrating to want to exercise my right to vote, and know that is does not count, at least in the past.

Maybe I should move

edit on 28-11-2018 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Yes, I'm well aware that you enjoy a system where some uneducated hick living in the middle of nowhere casts a vote that is worth more than mine.

Your wording betrays the twisted skew you clearly apply to the concept of "equality." No, you're not better than nor more qualified in your opinions than those "uneducated hicks" (most of whom seem to be far more intelligent than the average liberal arts college graduated "educated" individual in this world where "education" means little more than brainwashed in the context you use the word in.)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that the EC gives rural voters disproportionate sway, rigging the system in favor of the candidate who panders hardest to the minority living in the most sparsely populated areas.

...as opposed to the system the left wants which grants sway to the candidate who panders most to the minorities living in the most densely populated areas, I presume?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What is the justification for this electoral affirmative action? Why does my vote for president count 1/3 as much as the vote of somebody living in Wyoming?

The US is a Republic of member states, not a Democracy for starters. It's part of the nation's founding and the only reason the idea of a "United States" got off the ground to begin with.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is why I said I don't like the electoral college and its a personal opinion. I understand why it exists. As a voter though it is very frustrating to want to exercise my right to vote, and know that is does not count, at least in the past.

Maybe I should move

But the Electoral College gives under-represented states an equal voice.

Something you wanted to have in the state of Illinois but didn't.

So you wish that you were equally represented in Illinois, but don't want an equal representation nation-wide.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fun fact for you. That was the way that this country was setup by the Founding Fathers. You don’t like it? Stop crying and do something! You can support a Constitutional amendment to sort your desired change, or simply leave the country to find one that you like.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...as opposed to the system the left wants which grants sway to the candidate who panders most to the minorities living in the most densely populated areas, I presume?

Which leads to caravans of unwanted migrants.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When Bush was POTUS for a few years democrats had both houses. I was worried what they would do. They did nothing but complain about Bush. Then the democrats had super-majority and could pass any legislation they wanted without fear of veto. All they did was complain about Bush. They had the ability to do whatever they wanted but they did nothing.

We had eight years of buffoonery with clinton. He was an embarrassment in every sense of the word.

We had eight years of obama. I hated him when he was here in Chicago. He was a liar and a piece of crap. I didn't want him in any position of power in my city let alone my country. He made all the right promises and enough people believed the lies and he got elected. Even after gross failure to follow through on his promises he got another four years. And the lies and the failures continued. After eight years of, "I inherited this that and the other" it was obvious that the policies were not going to work - ever.

The last thing this country needed was another four years of failed democrat policies. Chicago is on the edge of unprecedented failure due to democrat policies. Our nation was put in the same position, by a Chicago democrat (seriously, wtf were you people thinking???) and I cringed at the thought of that pathetic cheating slap in the face of America getting the win. I refuse to believe she won the popular vote. Its not denial, its reality. There were simply too many Broward county situations and far too many illegals voting multiple times. The loyals make big deal of insisting it was just a few and not enough to make a difference. I call BS. The truth is no one knows how many fake votes were cast or how many legitimate republican votes were destroyed. The only thing we know for sure is that both happened.

My vote for Trump was a desperate plea for something, anything, other than what has brought us to our knees already. We are not bowing to obama, we are too sick to stand after his failed tenure.

On a side note, most people who hate Trump point out his "grab them by the p___y" comment as the main reason. If you listen to the whole clip he says they let him do it. That isn't assault. And I don't recall him playing hide the cigar with an intern in the oval office, which for some reason is ok with the same people who condemn Trump for just talk. But, that is democrats. And that is yet another reason I voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

a reply to: whyamIhere

More people did not support Trump, than that did.

It’s a good thing that we abide by the Constitution that governs our republic. It doesn’t matter what the popular vote totalled.

Yeah, I know, right.

Did you also know that Trump has issued five executive orders that have been blocked because they are unconstitutional?

Hand on heart.

Did you also know that the judges that were responsible for blocking Trump's executive order were from the heaviest of democratic states? Face it. They are so left it hurts. Dare ya to go to each judge that did this and see exactly who they are and what they stand for. I double dare ya.

Tell us the results while your at it. Then I'll tell ya what I find.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Which leads to caravans of unwanted migrants.

Ding! Ding! Ding! “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to accept handouts, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. and we'll ensure tax payer funded programs turn them into Democrat voters." -Some Progressive Behind Closed Doors

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Stock market closes up over 600 points. Number one story at Fox News.

No mention whatsoever on CNN and MSNBC.

If it had closed down 600 points it would have been the lead Story on those anti America terrorist Networks.

Absolute BS!

When I got home from work today and switched on the tv, Richard Quest from CNN was banging on non stop about how well the stock market was doing.

Like I said previously, get a grip brother... your Trump fetish is causing you to lose touch with reality.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: okrian

Uneducated hick, eh?

Seems you think that that "hick" (your word) isn't your equal.

Seems they're equal to me, just more of those "hicks" voted for the other guy... Maybe Ms. Clinton should have actually campaigned, rather than await her "deserved" coronation?

Ignored fly-over country, most of the south, and rural America, where all those "hicks" live...and, as a result, lost.

Hmmm. The only way you can discuss this is to twist my words?

I would most certainly love to be on equal footing as the uneducated hicks. But I am not. My vote counts for a fraction of what theirs does. Again, you are doing all you can to skirt around this issue and not admit that this is true. Actually less "hicks" voted for the other guy, but some people's votes in this country are worth more than other people's votes. You support a system of unequal voting because it benefits your agenda. I support equality because it's supposed to be the core of American values. You do not.

This is not about Hillary losing but I'm also sure you'll have a hard time seeing that. Why would I have any love for another center-right corporatist. But you all merely voted against one and got another.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join