It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Why Many of Us Supported Donald Trump...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: carewemust
Why would RINO Senator Jeff Flake Retire, while he's having so much fun fighting against President Trump, like he's doing this week?

...because he recognized the fact that he was going to be voted out of office in the primaries in AZ had he not retired.

OK. Thanks. It makes sense now. That also explains why individual Senators are ignoring Flake's theatrics.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: whyamIhere

More people did not support Trump, than that did.

In California.

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote.

After watching the voting fiasco in Fla. and the other states just recently, I don't think I could quote those numbers with a straight face...We know how the Democrats work at voting time...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

he doesn't just brag he lies.

my favorite - he built an empire on a tiny $1 million. $400 million is a hell of a lot more. 25 years later banks wouldn't do business with him - how does that happen? bet you can't answer that..

he lied to you. he lies about everything.

Stop lying.

You think he doesn't lie? He may not lie about everything, but he either brags, embellishes, or outright lies (or misinforms because he is spouting about things he doesn't actually have knowledge about, trying to look smart), on a daily basis.

Trump followers: "Every President lies!"

Answer: So what.. that has nothing to do with Trump, and he does it much, MUCH more frequently.

President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not American so all I can say is I was in support of Trump and not Hilary.

I was watching the presidential debate and judged them solely on that.
Hilary was boring and stereotypical but she seemed so sure she was going to be president and it really put me off.
Trump just had me laughing the entire time.

That's it really. Now I'm concerned that America will continue having clowns for a president for the next few years.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I think it would be fair to say I made some of the first threads in support of Trump.

I feel people misunderstand why some of us support Trump.

They say “He is an A-Hole”, Impossible to deal with, Arrogant “.

Yes, I know. That is precisely why he was sent to DC.

You see, some of us have been lied to our entire lives.

We are sick about it. No matter who we sent. They abandoned us.

We feel we had no recourse. We just finally got fed up. F-it.

Along comes this rich guy. He can’t be bought.

He calls out many of the BS artists.

He is hard to deal with and makes all the long time incumbents sweat.

For the first time in a long time the DC Swamp is nervous.

And for some reason, that feels really good...

The truth is nobody likes Trump. Not even his wife.

I think you're misrepresenting the reasons why many oppose him, not just those on the left. Supply-side economic policies don't benefit the common man. He's juiced the economy with tax cuts and de-regulations have lubricated the banking system but those kinds of "fixes" never last and inevitably lead to crashes, recession and downturns.

The unemployment numbers look pretty good but they were trending down when he took office and the rate of decline hasn't increased.

Bellwether stocks are all trending down as they did just before the last recession in 2008.

Oil prices are trending down as well, which is bad news for domestic oil and gas companies.

I hope I'm wrong but I see the current economic state as a bubble which will burst eventually... the same situation we were in before Bush's 2nd term ended.

My point is that juicing the economy will provide short term economic growth but it's not sustainable and has to be paid back at some point. Only slow, real gain economic growth is sustainable and doesn't increase the national debt at a record pace like we're seeing now.

The piper will be paid... or he'll take your children... and they will pay.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Apparently, that's the case.

Since representation is what decides each states EC votes.

I keep hearing that we should do away with it, but I don't ever hear any good ideas with what to replace it with...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I want to say this - and not have it come off as snark. I realize what I'm letting myself in for

This is nothing but a rationalization

This rationalizing comes after two years of absurdity - which looks like it's going to climax in a volcanic eruption of absurdity very soon

I hear people claiming the only reason they voted for him is because he loves them, he stands by them, he is a straight talker and a straight shooter - someone that shines a light on the swamp - because he's not Hillary. I think it's up for debate how well that worked out for everyone

He is his own swamp. He is a known quantity. But, nobody would listen to reason. They went with their hurt feelings and their need to own the other team

Naturally, whatever comes next will be dismissed as conspiracy and fake news. Probably. Everything I'm hearing lately is about saving face

Which frankly - is OK. It tells me something. Something comforting

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Again, why is it that people living in rural areas are somehow more important than the rest of us that they warrant special attention come election time?

Ain't that the truth? There seems to be this idea (or feeling) that somehow certain people are different from other people. It doesn't all fly one way though - and votes are votes

Elitism (apparently) doesn't restrict itself to the coasts, or big cities - or universities
edit on 11/29/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I want to say this - and not have it come off as snark. I realize what I'm letting myself in for

This is nothing but a rationalization

This rationalizing comes after two years of absurdity - which looks like it's going to climax in a volcanic eruption of absurdity very soon

I hear people claiming the only reason they voted for him is because he loves them, he stands by them, he is a straight talker and a straight shooter - someone that shines a light on the swamp - because he's not Hillary. I think it's up for debate how well that worked out for everyone

He is his own swamp. He is a known quantity. But, nobody would listen to reason. They went with their hurt feelings and their need to own the other team

Naturally, whatever comes next will be dismissed as conspiracy and fake news. Probably. Everything I'm hearing lately is about saving face

Which frankly - is OK. It tells me something. Something comforting

Is there anything good he has done ?

Seriously, anything ?
edit on 29-11-2018 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He’s bought and paid for by the Russian mob. What planet are you From? a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why are you asking me?

In a nutshell: Trump is not good for the country. Or the world

I had my issues with Bush - but this isn't the same thing. Is it?

I'm not a conservative. Neither is Trump. This is about something else, and I could go all melodramatic on you, but I'll spare you that :-)

So: criminal justice reform

What is coming together in Congress is a fragile, bipartisan consensus to make some small and overdue reforms to the criminal-justice system, to correct some of the inequities and imbalances that Congress and President Bill Clinton created with draconian anti-crime legislation enacted during the 1990s.

(I had my issues with Bill Clinton too)

I don't get it - the hows or whys, but if he had approached governing from the beginning by supporting or initiating things like this it would be a much different world than the world we live in right now

edit on 11/29/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Fair enough, I was curious.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
He’s bought and paid for by the Russian mob. What planet are you From? a reply to: whyamIhere

What's the going price for a President these days?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

It is not "he's not hillary" for some of us, that is not the only
reason I voted for him and support him.

But as to how it's worked out for everyone, it is not up for debate on the
dozens of people in the FBI and DOJ that have been fired or resigned due
to SPYGATE or STRZOK GATE, what ever people want to call it.

So the corruption of the FBI and DOJ, ODNI and even the CIA is not
up for debate any longer. This happened, it has been exposed.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Currently it seems too many are blinded by hate. I'm hoping you kids will eventually settle down.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote.

You obviously are not understanding the huge population difference between the two most liberal states (CA and NY) and the rest of the country.

It is precisely why we are a representative republic, and NOT a democracy. Because otherwise, New York and California would be the key deciders for every POTUS.

Mind you, these are the same states that elected Crazy Eyes Cortez, Elizabeth (Pocahontas) Warren, Whacko Waters, etc. No matter what side you are on, can you imagine them being in nearly total control of the vote?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

This is just an endless circular argument though. Forever will we haggle over which is more righteous, to have the minority rule the majority, or to have the majority rule the minority.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Not really.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is one reason, we wanted to troll career politicians. Also Mike Pence being the most Theocratic candidate did it for alot of Christians. And let's be honest, they were not Hillary lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

So the corruption of the FBI and DOJ, ODNI and even the CIA is not up for debate any longer. This happened, it has been exposed.

I'll be interested to see how some of these same people will look on paper in another year or two. Once the political smoke has cleared

There's a lot to this story (I am guessing) that remains to be seen

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join