It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets Image Of Obama Mueller & Opponents Jailed Warns Trials For ‘Treason’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: blueman12
That's just not something you should be doing as president. Positing pictures of your political rivals in jail for treason. That's 3rd world BS right there.

Like his political ideas or not, nobody should be condoning his behavior.

He retweeted a photoshopped meme. If this is "3rd world BS", then you've got some serious 1st world blinders.

I think some people (this guy) don't like when presidents imply they are alright with authoritarianism.

I reluctantly voted for him because he isn't Hillary and I'm a gambling man and said "what the hell"

But when he says nice things about Duarte or implies he could loosely go after people for treason (the highest crime and clearly defined) just because they oppose him.... Not cool.

Bush and Obama were enough, we don't need more abuses of power, even if it's a joke, it's not funny, IMO.

Sorry, but a joke is not an abuse of power.

I understand that people want their presidents to be politically correct, but saying that retweeting a joke meme is an abuse of power, or 3rd world BS, is real authoritarian sentiment.

He implied that the NYT op-ed writer committed treason too.

That's why I said even if it's a joke.

Sad part was, let's say hypothetically he isn't joking, I wouldn't be surprised if many in his camp celebrated him if he could somehow get the DOJ to go after his opponents for treason.

Is that what he implied? I have to say I'm quite impressed you could figure that out from a retweet.

But it is far more likely he saw the image, had a giggle, and pressed the retweet button.

It doesn't take much to say he implied the NYT op-ed was treason when there is video of him saying "you could call it treason".

I try not to sensationalize things, so I worded it accordingly.

My point is, I know he can't go after people for treason, it's not a presidents power.

But there is no reason people shouldn't call any president out for even implying they could abuse power, I do it with all of them.

I thought we were still talking about the retweet. Sorry for misunderstanding.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Easy misunderstanding considering the topic an OP

He rarely pisses me off, but his treason rants do.

Americans have slowly allowed for the rules to be twisted in favor of those in power, and the degrading of what rights/privacy we have left.

I've on many occasion said I'm don't think Trump is a dictator, and I'm not scared he's going to turn into one.

But if we keep laughing stuff like this off, one day we'll have one.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

on the other hand --- Over The Top Bad-Actors... have set the tone for the Battles Ahead

I think the Flagrant Voter Fraud should be the first priority item to remedy...the attempted Coup leaders will not get too far away from the Long-Arm of the Law

ETA

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

i think you and i both pointed out the mudslinging began a long-time-ago by the disloyal opposition ('they' are beyond being reasonable...they are the self-ordained Rulers-of-the-Universe)

edit on th30154343924328072018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

You are 100% correct. President Trump would not have retweeted that Meme if there was not something serious coming. He does not play games.

Yes he does. Xuenchen's posts are, almost, entirely 'something big is happening soon!' It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Any day now, Hillary is going to jail. Any day now, Obama will go to jail. Any day now, the wall will be built. Any day now, Obamacare will be gone. Any day now...just around the corner...something 'big' is coming from Trump...

Nothing is coming from Trump. He lives the 24 hour news cycle and actively works to make himself a part of it. Wasn't he supposed to override the 14th amendment a few weeks ago? Where is that? He just said the wall was being built but that he also will shut down the government if it doesn't get funded. Which is it? Are we building things with no funding?

President Donald J. Trump is a liar and lies constantly and consistently. He will say whatever he wants to make things seem better for him. He will never admit fault and will actively work towards making it seem as though he was infallible.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I'm with it. What was done IS sedition. It could be treason and I do think it probably led to that.

Trump is justified. What was done deserves a response. Playing it cool is not regal or stately.

It's stupid.

edit on 11 28 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Americans have slowly allowed for the rules to be twisted in favor of those in power, and the degrading of what rights/privacy we have left.

I've on many occasion said I'm don't think Trump is a dictator, and I'm not scared he's going to turn into one.

That's fair.

Trump talks a big game. But that's all it is: talk from the world's biggest bloviator. What I fear are those who disguise their authoritarian impulses beneath their eloquence and hopey-changey rhetoric. Some of the worst dictators were great rhetoricians.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

MSM Blue Pill refill

💥👥💥

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That's fair.

Trump talks a big game. But that's all it is: talk from the world's biggest bloviator. What I fear are those who disguise their authoritarian impulses beneath their eloquence and hopey-changey rhetoric. Some of the worst dictators were great rhetoricians.

Obama showed that. He was fine with assassinating US citizens, tapping journalists to find out their sources if threatening them with jail didn't work, and circumventing the whistleblower protections with the espionage act to go after people who exhausted every channel before leaking.

Our populace will welcome it when the real danger comes, because most don't know better.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

My point is, I know he can't go after people for treason, it's not a presidents power.

But there is no reason people shouldn't call any president out for even implying they could abuse power, I do it with all of them.

The FISA abuse has already been referred to the DOJ for investigation.

And so many others have been too.

Remember Sessions is out, Whitaker is in.

There is also the fact that the CIA was involved in domestic
affairs, which is a huge NO NO.

Dear God, have we not learned anything yet?

We already know Brennan spied on a U.S. Senator,
which should have landed him with an indictment.

How long will people excuse this kind of egregious
tyranny? What will it take for people to wake up?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But he got a Nobel dude!

And he'd still be our dicta..er president if that damned term limits thing hadn't got in his way.

His almost greatest accomplishment was building a loyal deep state that Hillary was supposed to expand on and complete until those damned deplorables elected Trump and ruined everything.

Speaking of ruin...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm not defending anyone in the picture from OP.

Just pointing out there is a difference between sedition and treason.

I'm all for dirty politicians getting nailed by the DOJ, just for the right things.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Another thing, if Rosenstein is such a criminal, why hasn’t Trump fired him yet? I mean, he is a Trump appointee. And if he is so certain of Rosensteins criminality doesn’t that make Trump complicit in it by not firing him?

Lol. Trump obviously didn’t think this through at all. Which means this is an emotional response.

I’ll let you all ponder on what he’s afraid of.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Just pointing out there is a difference between sedition and treason.

Lets talk about this then.

It is entirely possible that both were happening simultaneously.

Sedition - most definitely, as evidenced by the Page Strzok texts,
and more. Treason - most certainly plausible with the use of
double spies, and Steele.

Think about all of the gory details, it is unprecedented
and we don't know the half of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Treason - most certainly plausible with the use of double spies, and Steele.

We're not at war with the UK.

Even if you tried to make the case for Russia, they are a competitor and not yet an enemy. Even with the proxy wars and little tit for tats, we still do business with them.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bluesjr

spygate was proven to be a lie by the president. You are woefully behind on the news.

I'm sure it has been 'proven' by CNN, NYT, and the other fake news sites. And I'm sure you believe it.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think the argument can be made that Russia is not an ally.

Correct?

This is where the crimes committed by Fusion GPS, and
Andrew McCabe fit in. McCabe very well could have been
giving aid to Russia for all we know.

There are two missing spies, and one supposed dead
that is still covered up.

ETA Most certainly, we can all agree that Russia was engaging
in election interference. This has now been ruled an act of war
by NATO. This would mean that if anyone in the SPYGATE
scandal was cooperating with Russia they were engaged
in Treason. I am talking Fusion GPS, they were the ones
who used a Russian sourced piece of garbage to get a FISA
warrant. Look at it this way, its exactly what the Democrats
accuse the Trump officials of only in reverse.

Yes, there was Russian collusion but it was with the Dem's
and Russia. Just as wrong and evil on the other foot no?

edit on 28-11-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Another thing, if Rosenstein is such a criminal, why hasn’t Trump fired him yet? I mean, he is a Trump appointee. And if he is so certain of Rosensteins criminality doesn’t that make Trump complicit in it by not firing him?

Lol. Trump obviously didn’t think this through at all. Which means this is an emotional response.

Trump making RR broil his own crowburger.

RR must undo many of the "errors" and "misjudgements" 😎

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm with CriticalStinker on this. Sedition fits whereas the conditions for treason aren't present.

Now, some could be brought before a military tribunal if it can be showed that they were working for the benefit of a foreign power.

Military tribunals were born out of necessity. Operating outside the realm of conventional criminal and civil courts, they are unique proceedings in which enemy forces are tried during times of war or rebellion. Military commissions are a form of military tribunal, though the terms are sometimes used interchangeably. Tribunals only try members of enemy armies, not civilians who have allegedly broken the law (though sometimes civilians accused of being combatants are tried in a tribunal). Military officers, fulfilling the role of jurors, act as judges and impose the sentence.

Difference Between Court-Martial and Military Tribunal

Though I don't really expect any of the former administrations' ne'er do wells to face any sort of consequence other than what Karma they may have brought upon themselves.

Legal proceedings? Maybe for the small fry, the big swimmers will never see the inside of a courtroom or correctional facility.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump making RR broil his own crowburger.

RR must undo many of the "errors" and "misjudgements" 😎

Faith isn’t a thing that’s well suited for politics.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The claws are beginning to come out against Bob Mueller.

mobile.twitter.com...

In addition to the accusations of rape.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join