It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May has done the unthinkable, united Britain, against HER!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Unfortunately, I don't think Polls are reliable enough at the moment, so I don't think they should be used to gauge public opinion. I also think it's stupid having referendums just to gauge the public opinion. What a waste of time and money and it also creates division between people.

As for the referendum not being legally binding... We have already had this discussion. I think everyone accepts that it wasn't legally or constitutionally binding, but we all did receive a leaflet through our doors from the governemnt and at the top it clearly stated and I quote.. "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide." So I think the referendum is morally and democratically binding.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Well, Theresa May did slip up in a speech the other week, she declared that Brexit will implimented on the people, I found that very telling. At the end of the day Darth May had proved she doesn't have the peoples best interest at heart, she doesn't have the nations best interests at heart either in fact it's not really clear who benefits the most from her withdrawal deal.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
We should not be paying them a damn thing. Every thing negative said about the EU has been shown in spades during this negotiation. My desire to leave has only deepened and I've watched this farce of a Remainer/Establishment negotiation getting angrier and angrier. Enough of the 17 million will feel like me that pulling the 'lets just remain after all and forget this voting messiness, or keep voting till we vote remain" isn't going to wash.

IF ^^^that^^^ were to happen can you imagine the life as the EU's

under dog, whipping boy, treated with derision.....not even a 2nd class

member but right down at the bottom of the pile.

We have already been treated as a 'cash cow' for years. It's time for the

UK to find its backbone again.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
I totally agree with you there.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

We have already been treated as a 'cash cow' for years. It's time for the

UK to find its backbone again.

Without any supporting evidence this is just your opinion, with unusual spacing in between, ha ha

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

What I want to know is why did The UK split and become EURO in the first place. My Granddad was pissed when it happened as many others were. What was the plan for pushing the UK into a EUROPEAN UNION? Grand plan? I think so.,

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

It was basically because we were in a bit of an ecomic decline, the EU countries GDP was rising faster than that of the UK and it was thought that joining would beat the decline but we joined the party a little too late, sadly..

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Who do you think created the decline? Someone with something to gain maybe?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPopularity

What I want to know is why did The UK split and become EURO in the first place. My Granddad was pissed when it happened as many others were. What was the plan for pushing the UK into a EUROPEAN UNION? Grand plan? I think so.,

It was a grand scheme to fool the public. What we voted to join 'in a referendum' was sold as a purely economic arrangement.

The EU now bears no resemblance to what was joined. None of the creeping moves towards statehood was put to vote. Just signed by a corrupt establishment.

They gave the public a say and we finally got a chance to say no to the big scheme. That's why all the uproar.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The UK actually only joined a *common market* for trading.

Then insidiously shiftily over time and the change of wording (in the same

manner as T May is currently doing .... must be an EU trait
) it morphed

into a union tied in tighter than a noose.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

A noose would be more accurate $#$%%

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

Our heads are all in the same noose through.

Now when someone tries to wiggle free all that serves to accomplish really it to tighten said noose around everyone else's neck.

It's by design to a fashion, but it is indeed the road we choose to travel back in 1993, hence the problems that arise when we try and backtrack from a union that was supposed to unite the European continent for the next 1000 years.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Reich of a thousand years?, Adolf Hitlers dream but since war failed money and control then finally extinction of the so called lesser human's through chemical castration and genetic engineering will achieve his warped fantasy.
The EU is simply a continuation of his plan WE stood alone before - we WERE stronger back then and far less divided among ourselves but we can still do it again and who know's we may once again be the saviors of Europe (if that is God's will).

edit on 1-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

"The Reich of a thousand years?"

Indeed but it was not Hitler that planned it but the Banking houses, cartels, and corporations of the 1900s.

Th UK was stronger back then, granted we may have been, but that was more down to our naval power across the globe nevermind our colonies abroad.

Europe certainly was not stronger, that's for sure, hence the two planned world wars that transpired.

As to your play on eugenics, i take it, both the US and UK never mind many other nations practiced such debauchery right up until the end of the 1960s, so Nazi Germany was hardly the only one playing that game.

Gods got nothing to do with it, organized religious practice on the other hand, well the evidence speaks for itself.
edit on 1-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sadly they did, in the US Eugenic's was being openly practiced right up to the 1960's and is perhaps not openly still being practiced in some form or other today.
The idea of Eugenic's was sadly the idea of OUR own nation's elite and aristocracy and a few (Pseudo) scientist's idea back in the 1800's, remember the British museum of natural history even had a complete stuffed family of Aboriginal Australian's posed to make them appear as ape men whom were hunted down and murdered just so there skin's and bone's could be exhibited.
Sadly and to our everlasting shame as a nation most of the NAZI ideology on race and eugenic's was based on the writing's and ideas of Victorian English aristocracy.
But of course you already know this.
Also the first concentration camp - if you can call it that was built by the British during the Boar War and Boar civilian's, men, woman and children were imprisoned in them under armed guard's, what little they were fed was very little, what little they were given to drink was very little, there was no shelter AT ALL, no sanitation and the mortality rate was truly horrific.

The Boar's were far better soldiers than even the British army but they were few in number and our soldiers outnumbered them many fold, they had LONG TOM artillery the best cannons' in the world which we stole from them and later used against the German's in the first world war and WE invaded them.

Actually another first as far as inhumane evil is concerned if I remember correctly was the use of a very early biplane before WW1 by the british army to drop hand grenades onto an Irish village thought to be harboring IRA, but given how evil the IRA are that would probably be a case of the pot calling the kettle black but still point aside a British plane dropping hand grenades onto civilian's whom also happened to be British citizen's? (at that time anyway).

edit on 1-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yes the UK pretty much reinstituted the modern day conception of the concentration camp.

Sad but true.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Who do you think created the decline? Someone with something to gain maybe?

I was born the year after we joined so I'm not really sure, sorry.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Not just the Dutch thrown in the concentration camps. My great grandparents were incarcerated in one. They were Welsh.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I would very much like to hear about that, I know that during the last century (1900's) thing's went from bad for the welsh to gaining equal standing with there English cousin's but that the legacy of the Norman overlord's and there cruel law's meant at controlling the welsh remain's though most of us are oblivious to it today.
From the 1800's up to about the 1970's welsh language was severely discriminated against and persecuted, children would be severely beaten for speaking it.
But some of the greatest men in the UK have come out of Wales, Nye Bevan, Lloyd George etc.
Remember though they did to the English first, the English used to speak a language much more closely related to the Dutch and the German's and also in the north of England Danish was the common language until the Norman's suppressed them.
For over 400 years Norman French was the only language which was allowed in public office and anyone speaking the older languages was discriminated against, for over 400 years the English were serf's OWNED by the Norman's as a slave population.
Of course most over the English side of the border don't even know this much like most in Lancashire don't even know that most of there county was once part of Wales with a welsh prince dying there in a battle with the Norman's - referred to as the English but let's cut the smoke - the Norman's.

On the other side of the coin there are arse holes on both side of the debate, my mum was evacuated from Liverpool to wales during the second world war, she was disabled and did not speak for two years because of the trauma she had suffered as a child.
The boarding school were she was housed was later called Robert Merlam Home's (probably by a construction firm that had taken over the site) and I assume has been turned into flat's or something but was once a large country house which my mum suspected had been a part of a trust which she had been robbed of left to her by her relatives the Tattersall family, she sent a letter asking for detail's and my mum's spelling was not always top form but it was perfectly legible and she at least hoped someone would respond.

They did but not with even an ounce of human decency and the response was a fully welsh letter with no English and what little could be translated was full of insult's and mockery, she also had a cruel welsh teacher when she was there whom delighted in causing her pain - my mum could not lift her right arm since it was damaged by operation's when she had been EXPERIMENTED on by a doctor Brian MacFarland and then a student doctor under him had been allowed to perform a live dissection on her right arm to see how the arm worked before putting it back together wrong leaving it deformed and painful - this was the 1930's that she was experimented upon, this teacher could see my mother's arm was deformed and my mum whom was a little girl at the time was in pain and would still make her put her arm above her head even though it made my mum scream in agony then force the sweater which was too tight down over her very roughly.

Now if I did not feel kinship with the welsh which I do then that would definitely color my opinion, it is how bias is formed and even now I feel like taking a trip to Robert Merlam Home's (one day I may dig through my mum's stuff and find that address) and finding that scumbag that sent her that letter and making them eat it along with a large five knuckle sandwich - which being 6'4" and over 20 stone I probably could with one arm behind my back but then I would be just as bad as them and they have probably moved on a time ago now since that was in the 90's.
But you would not believe what my mother suffered - mostly in England but also in Wales, cruelty and crook's I am sorry to say are a nation apart and seem to delight in setting us against one another at some level.

edit on 3-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join