It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May has done the unthinkable, united Britain, against HER!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
From the FT, here's the link.

Congratulations! UK prime minister Theresa May has succeeded in uniting her deeply divided nation. Everybody agrees on one thing: the deal she has come up with is terrible.

I never imagined in a million years Darth May would unite the country the way she has. Everyone agrees her deal sucks. Can we use this temporary truce to find a way to make all this better?

Things are far from rosey of course. Some of us want a referendum on the deal and some of us don't and even the people who want a referendum can't agree on what the terms should be. Some want remain back on the table, others don't.

My personal feelings on the matter are that we should have a referendum on the deal on the table, I don't care what the alternatives are but let me have a say, she said no deal was better than a bad deal, this is a bad deal. I'm not convinced Darth May is the one to give us a good deal or if a good deal is even possible anymore.

My vote to remain was in an attempt to avoid this clusterphuck...

EU is for all intents and purposes "Hotel California". There have been several occasions where a "rebellious" member state has had a referendum, only to have the "in your face, EU" result being neglected and they are basically told to "do over", after which the result changes to something acceptable by the PTB of EU.

You may be able to check out of Hotel California, but it's not easy as pie.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Most of us whom voted out did not vote out because of the convoluted bureaucracy of the EU.
We did not Vote out because of the sometimes barmy ideas of the EU such as streight Bananas.
We did not vote out because of OTHER EU national's working in our nation and vice versa.

We Voted out because of the Corruption, We voted out because while our own government is just as corrupt and always has been we did not want the TROIKA telling us what we could and could not do for our people.

We Voted out as a reaction to Austerity which being the seventh richest nation on earth we really should never have had to put up with but having a TORY government (and I AM including the condem period in this) the EU's drive toward Austerity was a convenient ploy to drive there own ideological agenda or ultra right wing economic's.

We Voted out because our French cousin's were allowing massive camp's of NON EU citizen's to accumulate on the other side of the English Channel and allowing them to hijack and threaten our truck drivers often with knives when in fact they were FRANCES problem and they should have expelled them back to either the first EU nation they had entered Europe via or to there home country's since the vast majority of them though claiming to be asylum seekers are actually economic migrant's.

We Voted out because the EU did not seem to know what it was doing half the time and was being given it's order's by the TROIKA so was actually a completely NON Democratic system ruled by private financiers and not it's electorate.

Sadly we have a prime minister - Tory's once again yes that shower - Whom has gone to the EU and LET THEM get everything they want, NOT DEMANDED as is our right a FULL REBATE OF SEVERAL HUNDRED's OF BILLION's of pound's from them but instead Signed an agreement to PAY THEM BILLIONS OF POUND's which they shall then use to try to keep there head's above the growing ANTI EU sentiment in Europe and continue to carry out the TROIKA's master plan.

I for one would have happily stayed a full member of the EU - IF the TROIKA whom are essentially a MAFIA could have been brought up on criminal charges and there criminally obtained assets seized and put to the national good of the Block.

I for one would have happily stayed if the EU equivalent of the Tory Party had not taken over the EU.

Does anyone remember the cryptic Brussel's tweet about her being invited to the feast but not coming, the one that was about Britain and the feast being the Troika stripping wealth and assets from Europe while indebting the block even more so that it can not then get out of there talon's while they strip the meat from the people of the block and leave them poor and broken, while right wing leaders like Macron push for a united EU army with longer term plans to use that army to turn the block onto a Vichi Fascist superstate.

The EU is a dying carcass with the Maggot's of the Troika crawling through it trying to get to the marrow.
When the EU was alive and well before the TROIKA took over it was a great institution and then they let the migrant's swarm toward the most socially mobile country's in order to use them to push a plan to dismantle there welfare system's and all as part of an ultra right wing economic plan.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Wow the person who made that poster has no idea what they are talking about.
Do they know Boris and Davis have both resigned because of Teresa Mays' plan?

Yet the poster insinuates that Boris and Davis are both in favor of her plan because it will make them rich.
Fake news.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

But they already are rich. LoL

Brexit will only enable there type to become richer.

Nothing fake about the whole situation, tragic news really.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I know they're already rich.
But why does the poster insinuate that Boris and Davis are in favor of her plan, when they clearly are not?
That was the point of my post.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Just because they resigned through does not mean they still wont vote Tory nor profit from Brexit.

Once you are in that club, at that level, outward affiliation or otherwise, i imagine you get a shot of the dead pigs head whenever you wish.

edit on 29-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Of course they will still vote Tory they are still MP's in the Conservative party.
They will vote against Teresa Mays' deal though, guaranteed!

How will they profit from Brexit anyway? Apparently we are going to go into recession which means that companies share prices will go down, as will the pound and house prices. And as they are already rich, and most likely have sterling, shares and property already. They will actually lose money. If the doom predictions are correct that is.

edit on 83042bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Nov 2018 02:42:39 -06003018 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I have a lot to learn about this issue.

Can someone here give a good synopsis on why this deal is bad?

I'll take a pop at this. First of all the 'backstop' since it's the most contentious issue. The UK wanted to use technology to avoid a hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland but the EU says that technology doesn't actually exist (this made me actually lol when I read that about it, you think our gov would be clever enough to check the technology we proposed using existed first.)
The EU wanted Northern Ireland to stay within the Customs Union and the Single Market (until a Free Trafe Agreement is penned) to avoid the hard border but that would mean customs checks on goods travelling between N.Ireland and mainland Britain, the government woukdnt let their market be undermined in this way.
The Withdrawal Agreements solution to this is for the rest of the UK to remain in the Customs Union and N.Ireland to remain in the Single Market. This wouldn't end at the end of the transition period in 2020 but could possibly be permanent if a replacement trade agreement cannot be negotiated.
in 1957 the Treaty of Rome established the "Four Freedoms", Freedom of Movement of Goods & Services, Capital, Information, and People and they are fundamental to the EU. We've been trying to seperate the Freedom of Movement from the rest to allow borderless trade to and from N.Ireland but we've been told it's all Four Fredoms or None and that to enjoy the benefits of being in the Single Market and Customs Union so we couldn't have frictionless trade with the EU without also allowong the Free Movement of People.
This deal backs us into a corner, on one hand the UK wants to keep its own single market (England, N.Ireland, Scotland & Wales) which would rule out N.Ireland indefinitely staying withing the EU Single Market and this declaration...

The future relationship will be based on a balance of rights and obligations, taking into account the principles of each Party. This balance must ensure the autonomy of the Union’s decision making and be consistent with the Union’s principles, in particular with respect to the integrity of the Single Market and the Customs Union and the indivisibility of the four freedoms. It must also ensure the sovereignty of the United Kingdom and the protection of its internal market, while respecting the result of the 2016 referendum including with regard to the development of its independent trade policy and the ending of free movement of people between the Union and the United Kingdom.

Rules out the backstop being permanent. Because a hard border cannot happen withing mainland UK it means a hard border on Ireland is inevitable.
Once the March Deadline expires, Article 50 is triggered and that removes the option of us being able to do a 180 and remain in the EU which leaves us with two options, a hard border in Ireland or forever take our rules from the EU.

And if so, then what is the alternative to it?

No Deal and a return to World Trade Organisation Standards, 70 trade partnerships would just blink out of existence for a start, we'd see increased tarrifs on both imports and exports. Hands are tied when it comes to trade too, there's no room to make special deals, you offer one country a deal and you have to offer the same to all WTO members.

Considering the vote was so close, is having another vote on it, so terrible

No it's not but to some on here it would be the worst case scenario, it would be fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

But in all likelihood, even if there was a second Referendum we'd need Noel Edmunds as it would be Deal or No Deal and Remaining wouldn't be an option anyway (which is what those opposed to any kind of people's vote seem to fear the most).

It took far too long to write this post on my mobile while feeding and entertaining two kids...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I myself have informed my

medical centre that I am more than prepared to take generic medication.

I hope, for your sake that none of your meds are still on licence to the original manufacturer in an EU company. Meds can only become generic once the original company has milked the product for as much profit as they can.

By the way what's with the random paragraph breaks in your posts? I quoted it and left it as typed.
edit on 29/11/18 by djz3ro because: Layout

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: andy06shake

Wow the person who made that poster has no idea what they are talking about.
Do they know Boris and Davis have both resigned because of Teresa Mays' plan?

Yet the poster insinuates that Boris and Davis are both in favor of her plan because it will make them rich.
Fake news.

I think you're reading it wrong. It doesn't matter what the outcome of Brexit, all the tories will still be comfortable, so will a lot of Labour MP's to be fair.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm not reading it wrong at all.
The poster that was shown talks about "sunlit uplands" and andy06shake has said they will "profit from Brexit".
That is exactly what the poster is insinuating.

I've also heard this said loads of times, how the right-wing want Brexit so they can personally get rich etc, but I would REALLY love to know how are they going to get rich from Brexit? Especially if these Project Fear stories are true.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This will be interesting, apparently May has agreed to a live TV debate with Jeremy Corbyn on Brexit. No 10 said it had accepted a proposal which would see the debate screened on the BBC at 8pm on Sunday 9 December...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I vaguely remember Heath's time as Prime Minister and every other PM since and I can honestly say with hand on heart that I don't think any government has had any moral scruples whatsoever....I have nothing but utter contempt for roughly 99% of all politicians regardless of affiliation.

Isn't it time we started making them accountable to us?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think this could be the reunification of the Irish Nation in the making.

As long as the majority of people in Northern Ireland wish to remain in the UK they will, this is non-negotiable.

Prior to the EU referendum support for Northern Ireland staying in the UK was increasing, surprisingly even in traditional Nationalist communities.

Sure, things aren't perfect in Ulster....but they are a damn sight better than they were during The Troubles.

Nothing should be allowed to compromise the peace.....and that is one of my biggest worries surrounding Brexit - the few die-hard's could seek to exploit the division, we can not allow that to happen.

I have no magic solutions though, its a tough one.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: crayzeed

I vaguely remember Heath's time as Prime Minister and every other PM since and I can honestly say with hand on heart that I don't think any government has had any moral scruples whatsoever....I have nothing but utter contempt for roughly 99% of all politicians regardless of affiliation.

Isn't it time we started making them accountable to us?

It's well overdue but how do we do that?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm in the USA but my two cents:

I would first cut the cord. Go total exit, break all agreements, tear up all contracts, pay back any debts, end all obligations.

Once the UK is a free and independent country, approach the EU again and renegotiate any deals you wanted to keep.

I think the source of most of your woes is that you want to control your borders but want to keep your trade deals. So you're trying to come up with some way to only get out halfway. It doesn't work like that. You need to commit, and then once you're on firm ground negotiate with strength for what you want.

You're not on firm ground right now and can't negotiate with strength because the EU has you by the balls.

So IMO you have to cut the cord.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Tell you what, show some common sense, get your guns under control, nevermind well rid of that larger orange moronic bastard pretending to be a POTUS and we will entertain your Americans thoughts regarding Brexit.

That's my two cents.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes. You need Hilary to lead you. That rare thing in a politician - honest, decent and incorruptible.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That was meant to be a reply to our American friend. I'm not trying to wind him/her up. honest.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join