It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May has done the unthinkable, united Britain, against HER!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

Which bit is racist? This part:

What you have is a group of essentially 3rd world countries, I have traveled France and Italy and outside of any major city is peasantville, slightly more than mud huts with dubious sanitation hosting old school peasants, people in the UK could buy a project house there for less than a months wages!

??

I did not post this, it was another poster but I partially agree and can provide evidence to back up my claim.

Of course, it depends on which definition of third world you choose.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9
Chicken feed! Please google £1.2 trillion lost because of the Brexit vote. Ms May is nothing but a scapegoat. She was, is and always will be no PM material. This EU deals was always going to be seriously bad for the UK. A certain Mr Cameron saw the writing on the wall and f# off. They then needed someone to take the fall. Enter Ms May.
Please, please stop saying the people voted exit and that's what the governments got to do. The referendum vote was only a toe in the water vote. Do you want to leave the EU. There is NO LEGAL BINDING for the government to take us out of the EU. The government can quite easily reject everything and stay in the EU and the electorate can do nothing to affect that.
The referendum was a testing vote not a black and white order.
After this is over Ms May will fade into the oblivion she came from. Then the Conservative can say"it wasn't us that did it, it was Ms May".
edit on 28-11-2018 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Seems a bit like a dictator talking, manfromeurope is that what you aspire to be?

I actually think your post is proof positive of some EU agenda, disgraceful.

Forgive him, he's German.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JameSimon

originally posted by: Forensick
What the EU fail to understand (and many in the UK) is that the EU is nothing without the UK.

What you have is a group of essentially 3rd world countries, I have traveled France and Italy and outside of any major city is peasantville, slightly more than mud huts with dubious sanitation hosting old school peasants, people in the UK could buy a project house there for less than a months wages!

The Brexit deal doesnt matter, we will be out. Anyone who tries to take us back in will suffer political suicide.

After the UK leave and the rest of the EU see how the self appointed bureaucrats in Brussels, France, Germany and Spain tried to ruin someone whose people voted to leave there will be repercussions. If/when the boot is on the other foot I look forward to seeing those fuel riots in france extending to frexit riots.

So lone EU, we are out....

This is racist and factually untrue.

Is it? All I see is the EU stamping their feet and May being pressured to accept their ridiculous deal.

This isn't going to go down like you want it to.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: djz3ro

we've woken up and Bobby's in the shower

Any bets on how many people will get that?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

As a Brexit voter I feel your anger but on a second vote I'm not sure that is unless that the question would be something like:

Should we: Leave On Mays deal?
or
Should we: Leave on No Deal?

I know there are some hoping that a second vote will have the option of remaining but that'll remove me from politics and instead I'll just give every vote I get to a smaller party most likely UKIP or the Greens. I know I know that's hardly the point etc. but if my vote to leave is going to be ignored then whats the point.

Side note: I didn't vote for no reason and surprisingly to some, I didn't vote to leave because of the influx of people and migrants etc (although that is a problem) I voted to leave because the EU is clearly heading toward an empire style deal, wanting more power, an EU army, an EU central bank that controls all taxes, tariffs etc. (recently spoken about in the EU parliament debates). I want my vote in my country to count and being part of the EU just means my vote means little to none because at the end of the day the EU controls most countries.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23993690]Dwoodward85[/
Please read my post above. The government DOES NOT NEED A SECOND VOTE to do anything. If they so choose they could just stay in the EU. The vote to leave was NOT a mandate, it was a referendum. Please google "the referendum to leave the EU".

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Of course they could....they may have the legal right to ignore the result but do they have a moral right?

As far as I'm aware there's no precedence for ignoring the result of a democratically held referendum and I suspect it would cause quite a stir.

I think the voices for reform would become louder and more forceful.

ETA
Got to go, my lift to the pub is due....haven't been out for two nights, gagging for a pint!

edit on 28/11/18 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Do you honestly think this government has ANY moral scruples?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Only those who know who shot J.R.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Chicken feed! Please google £1.2 trillion lost because of the Brexit vote.

Did you mean this?.......

Brexit vote wipes £1.2 trillion off UK household finances in 2016

Where?? I am a house owner and there has been no change noticed in my

living standards.

# Petrol has gone up ...... but thats been happening for at least 10 years!

# Same can be said of utilities, except one of them has halved one of my

monthly bills.

# My shopping basket remains the same - though I have to admit I shop

carefully, always have.

As I dont feel it I wonder who is getting my share of deprivation ??

A few millionaires? I'm sure their off shores will numb the pain.

This EU deals was always going to be seriously bad for the UK.

We voted to LEAVE We did not vote for a DEAL

Please, please stop saying the people voted exit and that's what the governments got to do. The referendum vote was only a toe in the water vote. Do you want to leave the EU.

The people did vote to leave and any MP that stands in the way of this

better start looking for another job as they wont get in again.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looks like May is rolling out the big guns of Project Fear again , Carney is back spreading it large.

A no-deal Brexit could send the pound plunging and trigger a worse recession than the financial crisis, the Bank of England has warned.
It said the UK economy could shrink by 8% in the immediate aftermath if there was no transition period, while house prices could fall by almost a third
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's May's way or the highway .... to Hell !!!!!!!!
Bwahahaha !

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Looks like May is rolling out the big guns of Project Fear again , Carney is back spreading it large.

She may do well to remember the words of another politician....

You can fool all the people some of the time
and some of the people all the time,
but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Limcoln.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
With your hand on your heart, do you honestly think that any MPs think of what their electorate think? They will only think about them at the same time they have always thought of them, at election time. That is a long way off and the British electorate have the attention span of a goldfish. A couple of months down the line they wouldn't even think about it.
AND I'll tell you again, The referendum was NOT a binding vote, it was to get the countries feelings on staying or leaving the EU.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Freeborn

Ok thanks for clearing that up, so in a sense we were both right about that side topic.

Wasn’t the Brexit result a close one anyway, 52% leave 48% remain? What if opinions have changed over two years of “project fear” to swing that majority the other way?

You do know that the pro-Brexit side was dubbed Project Fear first? It was used widely and seems to have been turned round lately.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think the Irish border will play out in the end?

I think this could be the reunification of the Irish Nation in the making.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You do know that the pro-Brexit side was dubbed Project Fear first?

Not the pro-Brexit side but certain officials like Hammond and Carney , people who 2 years ago were warning of doom and gloom that not only didn't materialise but was proven wrong in the economic numbers.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The whole lot needs junking, then we can talk proper with them, but like I said before, the remainers don't want it that way, they want as much of the EU as they can get in any plan.

I just want this all to be over so we can start Making Britain Great Again...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

we've woken up and Bobby's in the shower

I would have got it anyway but it was brought to a whole new generation thanks to Family Guy ha ha (loved that episode)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

As a Brexit voter I feel your anger but on a second vote I'm not sure that is unless that the question would be something like:

Should we: Leave On Mays deal?
or
Should we: Leave on No Deal?

That is the shape I would assume the question to be, I'm not asking for Remain to be back in the table (I'd be very surprised if that happened) just that the people have a say in the deal Darth May has laid in front of us.

I know there are some hoping that a second vote will have the option of remaining but that'll remove me from politics and instead I'll just give every vote I get to a smaller party most likely UKIP or the Greens. I know I know that's hardly the point etc. but if my vote to leave is going to be ignored then whats the point.

I already vote smaller parties, the SNP and Greens are the two main parties I vote for these days, depending on what I'm voting for and which policies I like.

a reply to: djz3roide note: I didn't vote for no reason and surprisingly to some, I didn't vote to leave because of the influx of people and migrants etc (although that is a problem) I voted to leave because the EU is clearly heading toward an empire style deal, wanting more power, an EU army, an EU central bank that controls all taxes, tariffs etc. (recently spoken about in the EU parliament debates). I want my vote in my country to count and being part of the EU just means my vote means little to none because at the end of the day the EU controls most countries.

I can sort of see why you voted leave. Mine was based first on how Brexit will effect my part of the UK (which relies heavily on EU subsidies for farming, fishing and land management as well as the migrant work force, out of which 2 Czech lads are among my best friends but they left over a year ago after a rise in anti EU sentiment) and how much this was going to be screwed up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join