It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May has done the unthinkable, united Britain, against HER!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

armchair Brexiteer experts still proclaim it's easy and we should just walk away and everything will be awesome.

You can tell when something is meant to insult when that is used about any subject , you are a remainer , I respect your position but don't see the need to insult you over it.

If it was easy, why haven't we just done that?

Because like most divorces it was never going to be easy.

It's expensive and ugly and painful and is going to hurt this nation even more than it has already been hurt.

Not sure we have been hurt yet , the economy seems to be doing well with an larger than expected increase in GDP reported last week , we're doing OK in the face of Brexit.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: djz3ro

That thought also crossed my mind but the fact of the matter is that doing so would sink any PM and cabinet willing to play that game.

So what would be the point unless "they" are in it for the long game?

I'm not sure. This way May, when pressed says she's for Brexit, her eyes practically light up with the word "LIAR" in big bold letters every time though. This is certainly gonna be interesting, I've never stepped into the unknown with my country before.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

?

You agree?
You disagree?

You pressed the wrong button?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

This is certainly gonna be interesting, I've never stepped into the unknown with my country before.

If we hold each other's hands and show our resilience, resolve and ingenuity then I'm sure we'll come through it.

I have no doubt there'll be some tough times ahead, but as long as we stick together then I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Too many people can't see this particular wood for all the trees.

The people voted to leave, the MP's by a large majority favour remaining in the EU.

They never for a moment would have voted for us to have a referendum if they thought we would vote to leave.

Since then, the vast majority of them have tried to skew the argument in such a way as to make most people forget that we VOTED TO LEAVE.

We had a remainer PM replaced by another remainer PM backed by a large rump of the remainer Tories.

Now, 2 years ago, they could have started planning no deal, but they knew it would mean leaving so what they all did was focus on a "deal" that would give the impression of leaving to the gullible while actually remaining in the EU.

All this talk of the damage of Brexit and "crashing out" in no deal has been manufactured to sway opinion towards their goal of remaining.

Any damage done is the fault of the MP's trying not to plan for and do what the electorate told them to do. Simple.

It's the same argument pretty much as many pro slavery MP's used when Wilberforce's bill went before the house.
Just because those in favour of the status quo want to make it seem difficult, is no reason not to do the right thing.

We should leave on no deal then sort out a trading arrangement, but I am not sure that with our selfish MP's sitting in the house that will happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think the Irish border will play out in the end?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I think, without the EU meddling and remain MP's bigging it up, we could just fudge it like we have for years. Paint a line on a map and let everyone mostly ignore it for the most part.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

would that mean in a case of no deal brexit, that anyone could just go into the EU from the UK and vice versa without any checks?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

nah, in reality, people's passports still get checked, just not going from Eire to NI. You still have to show ID at the ports and airports.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I find that an interesting question. The other thing is the UK fishing waters. The EU signed on May's plan, minutes later Junker said this deal will not be altered under any circumstances. Next day the French clown macron said the UK waters will have to be avail for EU members, that part needs to be changed...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The whole lot needs junking, then we can talk proper with them, but like I said before, the remainers don't want it that way, they want as much of the EU as they can get in any plan.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

either way there will be a lot of pissed off people in the UK. With the no deal brexit especially as you welfare system will have to get a brutal cut. If I am not mistaken, 37% of you annual tax goes towards welfare, pretty much the only wiggle room your spending gets...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Who says we have to cut anything under no deal? For a start, we wouldn't be paying them 39 billion to leave, theres also the savings on membership annually after that.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

you are right, I forgot about the 39 billion that won't be paid in case of a no deal. My memory...

of course the EU will have a fit about that

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Isn't there a way they can recall Theresa from her position there? She is not good for the UK. I know that she believes she is doing the right thing as many delusional people do, but she needs to be replaced. If they want a Woman in that position, they can find a way better and more honest one in the UK. There are lots of women in the UK that have wisdom.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

She can be removed by her own MPs in a vote of No Confidence in her leadership , when she loses the vote on the EU exit deal on the 11th of next month it's likely that will happen shortly after.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am no liker of May but is there actually any evidence to suggest that Britain is united against her?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

As of July her approval rating was just 30% , I doubt it will have moved much.
yougov.co.uk...

Not sure the whole of Britain is united against her but nearly everyone is against her deal.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It baffles me that even when faced with the reality that leaving the EU is a massively complicated and expensive undertaking to which there is no good solution, armchair Brexiteer experts still proclaim it's easy and we should just walk away and everything will be awesome.

In reality its not that complicated. They want us to believe it is so

complicated and concede. The UK and EU are mutually advantageous to each other.

Don't underestimate how expensive it will be ...... to the EU.

The EU will be loosing the third largest contributer to its budget.And it is the top

three who are accountable for half the whole of the EU budget.

So yes something that doesn't get mentioned that often ......

IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE TO THE EU.

If it was easy, why haven't we just done that? Answer - it's not 'easy' like Farage and Boris promised us. It's not going to make us richer, it's just going to make us poorer.

We are not looking to be richer ..... We want to be free to make our

OWN decisons we want our sovereignty back.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
What the EU fail to understand (and many in the UK) is that the EU is nothing without the UK.

What you have is a group of essentially 3rd world countries, I have traveled France and Italy and outside of any major city is peasantville, slightly more than mud huts with dubious sanitation hosting old school peasants, people in the UK could buy a project house there for less than a months wages!

The Brexit deal doesnt matter, we will be out. Anyone who tries to take us back in will suffer political suicide.

After the UK leave and the rest of the EU see how the self appointed bureaucrats in Brussels, France, Germany and Spain tried to ruin someone whose people voted to leave there will be repercussions. If/when the boot is on the other foot I look forward to seeing those fuel riots in france extending to frexit riots.

So lone EU, we are out....

This is racist and factually untrue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join