It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May has done the unthinkable, united Britain, against HER!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You can sign in to the hotel *EU* but you can never leave
a reply to: eletheia

ROFL. You could have left immediately. But for some weird reason you want to keep enjoying the benefits of being in the EU. So you keep bitching around like entitled brats.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

In deed. It's a stark reminder that there have been nearly 50 referenda in the EU over the last few decades. In all cases when the result had gone against the interests of the EU a second referendum had been forced. It's obvious that there is a move for this to happen again in the UK. However, rules around referenda in the UK are useful to take note of, because they must be binary and have two options. You would not be able to have three options.

It seems to me the choice is NOT whether we need a choice to REMAIN, which is the driver of the so called "People's Vote", but whether we (a) Do the Chequers compromise or (2) Just leave. You could not add a (3) or Remain, as that's not an equal choice and would be unfair.

Besides, there is no guarantee that the UK would revert its decision to leave. Opinion polls have a large number of "don't know" and if one thing has become clear is that the EU are not really very nice, and the Brits don't really like being pushed around by Spain or (it's true) the poxy Irish Republic.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

The problem for the EU was that if they let the UK leave without a hefty penalty, the next government with a populistic vote behind them would come up with the same idea of leaving.
It had to hurt.

Don't hold your breath ...... they are waiting in the wings they will be taking

notes, first time always the hardest.

It's only a matter of time The EU's days are numbered.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

You could have left immediately.

No , we couldn't.
Article 50 states withdrawal must be negotiated which is what has been happening for the last 2 years.

2:That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3)[10] of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council [of the European Union], acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3:The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
en.wikipedia.org...

But for some weird reason you want to keep enjoying the benefits of being in the EU. So you keep bitching around like entitled brats.

We want to leave on good terms and secure a trade deal beneficial to both us and Europe , outside of the Customs Union the European court.
We're "entitled" to pursue our own path if we please , we are a Sovereign Nation.
edit on 28-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Not very likely. The "post taking" parties are from receiver countries. They just dream but do not dare.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The view from Texas is the Euroland is tanking badly and goin down hard....the 3 percent rule didn't work....

The Pound Sterling is holding the top currency position well...London is the bank....Washington is the military Rome is the church
edit on 28-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I would imagine how higher level politics work now that Theresa was shown pics of her roasting a little baby with carrots and potato's and she had to do what she had to do.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: djz3ro

If her deal doesn't pass Parliament, she's outta there.

And good riddance to her. I'm surprised the vote of no confidence hasn't gone through yet.

No one wants to take on the poison chalice?

Except perhaps one Jeremy Corbyn.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If that was true through she would be swinging from a lamppost. LoL

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I suspect this was the plan all along, make it look so incredibly complicated and bad for the U.K. that people will call out for another referendum claiming many leavers have changed their minds and that they didn’t realise what they were voting for, or they did just to spite Cameron etc...

And its happening...........

I think she's an EU double agent.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What the EU fail to understand (and many in the UK) is that the EU is nothing without the UK.

What you have is a group of essentially 3rd world countries, I have traveled France and Italy and outside of any major city is peasantville, slightly more than mud huts with dubious sanitation hosting old school peasants, people in the UK could buy a project house there for less than a months wages!

The Brexit deal doesnt matter, we will be out. Anyone who tries to take us back in will suffer political suicide.

After the UK leave and the rest of the EU see how the self appointed bureaucrats in Brussels, France, Germany and Spain tried to ruin someone whose people voted to leave there will be repercussions. If/when the boot is on the other foot I look forward to seeing those fuel riots in france extending to frexit riots.

So lone EU, we are out....

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Don't make the UK more important than it is. EU will continue without them, no pain.

That cuts both ways....the UK will continue without the EU, we have done so in the past and are more than capable of doing so now.

And I'm sure history teaches us that Europe has needed the UK's resolve and assistance far more than we've needed there's!

The problem for the EU was that if they let the UK leave without a hefty penalty, the next government with a populistic vote behind them would come up with the same idea of leaving.

And what exactly is wrong with other member nations wishing to leave the EU?
If the majority of a nations population wishes to leave the EU, for whatever reasons, why shouldn't they be allowed?
Do you disagree with the principle of Self-Determination?
Do you believe a nation should be 'punished' if by expressing its Right to Self-Determination it chooses to leave an organisation it previously chose to join?

What exactly are your objections to member nations choosing to leave the EU?

It had to hurt.

Why?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

That might be true for your part of the UK but not mine, the UK is not as important to the UK as you seem to think.

The best thing the UK can do for the EU now is serve as a warning to anyone who wants to leave.

A good business (the EU)
Doesn't hang on to dead wood.

So we are obviously more important than you think.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: toms54

If her deal doesn't pass Parliament, she's outta there.

And good riddance to her. I'm surprised the vote of no confidence hasn't gone through yet.

No one wants to take on the poison chalice?

Except perhaps one Jeremy Corbyn.

There was a time I was a Labour voter but now is not the right time for an all new government.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I suspect this was the plan all along, make it look so incredibly complicated and bad for the U.K. that people will call out for another referendum claiming many leavers have changed their minds and that they didn’t realise what they were voting for, or they did just to spite Cameron etc...

And its happening...........

I think she's an EU double agent.

I think that was the plan but its fooked, those who voted Brexit are the quiet majority, they know that there is little difference between one lying government and another which is why the exit polls of an election are so much lower than the EU Referendum, they dont vote. But when it matters, they come out.

Right now those quiet numbers are not saying anything, they made their decision to leave and the government has to comply with that.

Do not think for one minute that the gob#es crying out for a new Referendum are representative of those who voted leave, if democracy failed and a new vote was called, even more of the silent non-voters would come forward because there is a massive difference in party politics in the UK (different shades of shoite) and giving a collective group of loosely similar countries with the predominant similarity of geography a say on your life.

There will not be another referendum, any party that does not forward a brexit mandate will lose every election.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Don't make the UK more important than it is. EU will continue without them, no pain.

That cuts both ways....the UK will continue without the EU, we have done so in the past and are more than capable of doing so now.

And I'm sure history teaches us that Europe has needed the UK's resolve and assistance far more than we've needed there's!

And what exactly is wrong with other member nations wishing to leave the EU?
If the majority of a nations population wishes to leave the EU, for whatever reasons, why shouldn't they be allowed?
Do you disagree with the principle of Self-Determination?
Do you believe a nation should be 'punished' if by expressing its Right to Self-Determination it chooses to leave an organisation it previously chose to join?

What exactly are your objections to member nations choosing to leave the EU?

It had to hurt.

Why?

500% yes and again, is it so wrong that a democratic people voted to leave that you have to 'punish them as an example"?

Seems a bit like a dictator talking, manfromeurope is that what you aspire to be?

I actually think your post is proof positive of some EU agenda, disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
The problem is that it's been two and a half years now since that vote and a lot of people seem to have changed their minds.

That's pretty anecdotal. Here's another anecdote: The Brits I talk to in the real world want to leave the EU even more after a) how other EU people talked trash about Britain after the vote and b) Merkel's ham-fisted handling of the ME invasion.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Just what happened to the UK between 1939 and 1945, anyone know ? What did the UK do during the years 1914 to 1918, anyone know ? I seem to remember it went bankrupt between those dates, yet there it still is, all that blood and treasure lost, for what ? to have the brussels mafia tell the UK what it can and cannot do ?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Come to think of it I’m sure May has flatly stated there won’t be another referendum. So...

No deal equals no Brexit according to May. What a sorry mess.

Draw up a deal that the whole country doesn’t like and bingo, no deal can be agreed and therefore no Brexit.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I suspect you might be right. A few days ago someone showed me a post/vid on her FB account apparently from the UK Gov. It was called The Checkers Deal in one minute.

After I watched it, my first tought was, it has started. They have started to groom the public into a new referendum of accept the deal or not. Yes it was full with lies about the deal. So I would not be surprised if they will have one before the 11th Dec. I wish I could link it but I dont have FB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join