It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic II to Set Sail in 2022 Retracing the Original Route

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As some of us learned a Billionaire is building a Titanic replica in China but now we have a launch date.

Titanic II is expected to set off from Dubai in 2022, taking a 2 week maiden voyage to Southampton. After that it will sail to New York, mirroring the original journey. It was on this leg, out in the North Atlantic Ocean, that the ship had its fateful encounter.

This has the makings of a disaster movie but will this have the same fate as the original? Probably not but it's fun to speculate. I'll go first, if it does go down I call Sociopathic Billionaire pulling an insurance job and looking to sell the story.

The project already hit an iceberg in 2015 when progress was halted due to “disputed royalties from a Chinese conglomerate" tying everything up in red tape

Here's the link from The Vintage News.

What say you ATS?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
weird flex but okay

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Very bad taste, but hey at least we will remember those whom died on the original disaster and perhaps they shall hold a ceremony for them at the location she went down it would be only fitting.
I should not be too surprised if strange thing's start to happen though - IF they make her an exact replica that is.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The original titanic was an absolute tragedy and a Conspiracy worth discussion, as has happened here many timess. I feel this replica is also in bad taste.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

God forgive me for chuckling at that.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
"God himself could not sink this ship!"

God- "hold my beer"

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Surely not an exact replica? Are the Chinese really going to have 100 men shoveling coal into the boilers?

It probably is bad taste but I would love to sail on a ship from those days, including the opportunity to sail on a galleon or early explorers ship, I dont want to climb the bloody rigging or sleep in a rat infested sweaty deck, I want aircon, toilets and good food but a mock up deck and captains room for dinner would be awesome!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

it comes no where close to " exact replica "

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I placed some links to the modern investigation in the first titanic and why it sunk.

There was fire in the coal holds BEFORE it even left Plymouth.

They eventually extinguished the fire but in doing they used up a lot of coal. This caused the captain to make either one of two bad choices and he chose to keep up the speed.

Hitting the iceberg did not make as much damage as has been previously thought but it was enough to pass sentence on the ship and the people on board.

It was an English doco screened on the Australian ABC a couple month's or so ago.

My post on it has links to the two doco's one on the investigation and sinking and the other on the underwater investigation and anaylsis

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hasn't this thing's date been pushed out by at least 10 years. No real pictures yet??

HUMMMM!!!

AHH yes more than 1!!

Clive Palmer's project should not be confused with a Chinese Titanic replica ship which had its keel laying on November 29, 2016. ... The finished ship, which is already under construction, is scheduled to be completed in 2019, although the initial completion date was 2018.

edit on 28-11-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Surely not an exact replica? Are the Chinese really going to have 100 men shoveling coal into the boilers?

It probably is bad taste but I would love to sail on a ship from those days, including the opportunity to sail on a galleon or early explorers ship, I dont want to climb the bloody rigging or sleep in a rat infested sweaty deck, I want aircon, toilets and good food but a mock up deck and captains room for dinner would be awesome!

No toilets. Just hang it over the poop deck.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Is this the other one you mean?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Well no, it will be up to date replica done in a vintage style.

The exact replica is in the link I posted above, it's a centrepiece of a resort and will contain hotel rooms

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Seems to fill in some blanks.Thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Please tell me its James Cameron behind this...
edit on 28-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Reminds me of that saying by Einstein. Doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Lets hope this is the exception...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Don't they mean
the Olympic II
is going to make its maiden Voyage.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Is anybody working on a Hindenburg 2?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join