It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best baseball player this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
carlos delgado. he leads the league in homeruns and rbi's and is still batting around 310.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Delgado seems to have overcome previous seasons faults in his stance, His front-to-back weight shift had become slightly exaggerated and in unknowingly moving too far back, he would be obliged to hurry forward as the pitch approached. As a result, he made contact while leaning over his front foot too often and lost power.Its great to see him back to his best again..

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Albert Pujols

He leads the NL in RBI's and MLB in BA.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good choice Illmatic67

Albert Pujols, who is hovering near the .400 batting mark and right now is a legitimate candidate for the MVP and Triple Crown.He also leads the MLB in runs 76 and slugging percentage .704...He could be in for his best season at St Louis and hes only 2 behind delgado with homers...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Good choice Illmatic67

Albert Pujols, who is hovering near the .400 batting mark and right now is a legitimate candidate for the MVP and Triple Crown.He also leads the MLB in runs 76 and slugging percentage .704...He could be in for his best season at St Louis and hes only 2 behind delgado with homers...

Only one away right now. He hit a homer and added 3 RBI's

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I agree... Pujols is by far playing better than almost every other player right now.I think if he keeps this up he could get the Triple Crown... Pretty good for a 3rd year player.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It's amazing how Pujols is posting all these awesome numbers and he hasnt been voted as a starter for the all-star game.

Popularity will take you a long way.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
It's amazing how Pujols is posting all these awesome numbers and he hasnt been voted as a starter for the all-star game.

Popularity will take you a long way.

Totally agree with you,Pujols is only 4th choice behind Sheffield,Sosa and Barry Bonds..He should get in as the reserve but hey how the hell does" corky" Sosa get in after him being caught cheating...Pujols should go in as a automatic choice and yes he hit another homer last night your right Illmatic,what has this guy got to do??

As you say Popularity..!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
We're not even to the All-Star break yet, but as of now I would agree with the already mentioned players, Delgado in the AL and Pujols in the NL.

There's still alot of baseball left.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
delgado should have 100 rbi by the break can you say that about pujous

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Best Players

AL:

Carlos Delgado 1b Toronto (He is back and better than ever, Imagine him playing in New York with that short porch, ouch)

NL

Dontrel Willis P Florida (Damn near impossible to hit with that funky disco rotation of his)

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It aint just about the numbers, folks.....

A recent poll of American league players asked which player they would like to have most on their team. The number one answer?

Nomar Garciaparra

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
pujous was elected a starter for the all star team.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
But if I had to pick one guy for my squad it would have to be Bonds, I mean yeah the guy is a jerk, but you can't argue with his numbers.

top topics

join