It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio judge - Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general is constitutional

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A judge has ruled that Trump's appointment of Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General is Legal !!

So much for all the hoopla and denial and smearing.

Now what ?

Do we get another judge to say otherwise and send it to the Supreme Court ?

😎

San Antonio judge first to rule on constitutionality of Trump’s appointment of acting U.S. attorney general Whitaker

A San Antonio judge has ruled that President Donald Trump’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general is valid and constitutional.

The ruling by Senior U.S. District Judge David Ezra, made public at midday today, came in the case of Luis Valencia, an area man who wanted federal charges dismissed in his Eagle Ford Shale oil-theft case.

The ruling is the first court test in the country over Whitaker’s controversial appointment, and is likely to be viewed as a win for President Trump, who has come under fire by critics who accuse him of wrongly appointing a loyalist to block an investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian meddling in the 2016 elections.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not sure where this will end up, but I can tell you I'm a big fan of judges, judging, and judgement. So, hopefully a lot more action to come!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A judge in Hawaii will overturn the ruling after contact
by the Special Counsels office.

/

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Don't want to take this thread off topic, but who's your favorite judge? Anyone feel free to chime in, if the OP doesn't mind. I LOVE JUDGEMENT!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Was always partial to Judge Dredd.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If the President eventually Decides he wants Matthew Whitaker as his Permanent New AG , I see No Problem of him being Confirmed by the Senate . Hear that Dems ? ........Crickets.....

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The Matthew Whitaker "matter" is already in the Supreme Court's docket. However, the Department of Justice is urging the SCOTUS to leave him alone. To not debate his legality as AAG at the moment.

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That would be Challenging the Executive Branches Constitutional Powers , I doubt the SCOTUS with all the Skeletons in their Closets wants to Seriously Go There ..........

edit on 27-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So when Trump uses his new AG to stop the Mueller investigation will this same judge rule that constitutional as well?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Get your kleenex ready.

We lived the other side for 8 years and still have to hear
the Hillary lost whine every day.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So when Trump uses his new AG to stop the Mueller investigation will this same judge rule that constitutional as well?

There is no answer stupid enough to answer your inane question 😆

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Has he done that ? " When " in Not in the Equation . The President Prefers his Opponents Destroy themselves with their Own Lies .

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Keep crying. I love how you guys have all these doom and gloom predictions and demands to prevent things that have not happened and don't happen. This is the same thing I have heard for 2 years that Trump is going to really end it this time.

Newsflash, the Senate can confirm him as the AG. And then he can do whatever he wants.

new topics

top topics

join