It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart shopping carts!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Bluntone22

Walmart gets all of its carts as used refurbished units from a recycler in canada.

These carts are usually stolen and thrown down a hill, were they are later retrieved then rebranded and sold to walmart.

LMAO
Damn it Bubbles

edit on 11 27 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
1st world problems

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That's crazy because I too have thought to myself in frustration that the parking lot attendants or whoever deals with the carts has to be handicapped or not giving a # about their job. Certainly we don't live in the same city or even the same state so this must actually be a thing. Wal-Mart's rules must be to keep using them without repair until they are literally inoperable. Why though? This is a small expense that most stores take for customer satisfaction and it goes a long way. I walk up to the carts at Wal-Mart pessimisticly thinking "Watch this one be another POS, maybe I should complain this time". When I shop at other stores and get a good, quiet cart I immediately think "They sure are better than cheap ass ghetto Wal-Mart". Sure, I still shop there but they don't have to play the dirty whore of the department store world just because they have the lowest prices.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Stop your bitching. When you pull a cart and it doesn't work, push it aside and grab one that does work. Some people, just have to bitch...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Hey, that's the price you pay for cheaper products. O and slave labor. You gotta live with that too.

Yeah whatever,,like target and Meijer don't sell the same slave labor products.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

And you had to bitch about my bitching which means you like some people just gotta bitch ya bitch.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Probably true.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Never miss an opportunity to prod a bitch.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Size 12?
Wink, wink.
Nudge, nudge.
Know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Size 12?
Wink, wink.
Nudge, nudge.
Know what I mean?

You know what they say about guys with big shoes right?
Yup, they got big feet...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
flat spots is from the locking wheels when they pick them up with the cart pusher some are still locked and make a flat spot

than i look for that exact cart so you hear it from down the isle and move the # outa the way

i use to just pick peoples carts up and move them sideways boy that got there attention

get off ur dam phone move ur cart to the side and act like your there to buy things

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I think Aldi's quarter for a cart has the best cart return system and prevents them from getting damaged. I'm surprised other stores don't follow their lead. At least it forces the customer to return the cart in an orderly fashion and prevents the carts from getting damaged. A little walking exercise to return a cart never hurt anyone. Not to mention it prevents cars in the parking lot from getting damaged and eliminates the need for employees to run out in the cold, rain and snow to retrieve carts.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Don't worry they are coming out with new ones

nypost.com...

The US retail giant applied for a patent, published in August, for a smart shopping cart that can track a shopper’s heart rate, body temperature, grip and walking speed.

Bio-feeback to build a more profitable shopping experience eh. It'll be fun to see how stupid the world is when I'm old and gray.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I hate walmart's fricken shopping carts!
They either squeak, go thud thud thud or turn all by themselves.....ugh..

I dont have this issue at Kroger, meijer or aldi's so what the hell is so special about Walmarts carts?

I'm not even blaming Walmart on this one.
The only way for a cart to get a flat spot on the wheel is for some ass hat to ride the cart real fast and jam their foot on the wheel to skid.

If I ever see some moron doing this they are getting a size 12 in their ass....

Does Walmart not fix their carts as often as the other stores or are their customers just more destructive?

Ugh..... I feel a lil better now....carry on.
I

Have you seen the ones w signs saying the wheels will lock if you try to leave the premises or lot with them? Those are popping up too...Invisable electronic fencing like to keep in dogs.

Pretty funny to watch as someone's cart slams locked!
edit on 27-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Does Walmart not fix their carts as often as the other stores or are their customers just more destructive?

Yes.

I worked for them just after high school, and I remember them getting the service about once a year. Our local supermarket, on the other hand, did it once per quarter.

On the destructive side, WalMart carries heavier merch, and generally has a larger number of clientele who don't give a damn about the carts...add that to larger parking lots, more collisions with cars, etc.

So really, it's likely a combination of BOTH factors.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join