It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election - the gift of Obama's second term - let's examine this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
IMO the 2012 election paled in comparison to the 2008 in terms of the size of the campaigns, retoric, etc. This is probably b/c in 2008 there was no incumbent and both candidates would have been new to the position.

I remember contemplating the effects of voting Obama out for Romney. Now even if Romney might have been a more conservative candidate, he did have more traditional family values but he did seem to be more of a moderate conservative vs more traditional Republicans. So by voting or Romney I saw it as a massive win "economically" (in terms of helping things like small businesses, etc).

The main advantage of keeping Obama in office is that it showed the left's true colors. It gave him the security of being able to pursue things he would never have tried his first term. His second term really lifted the veil on what the Left really wants, what they think of "the other half" of the country. We saw his pushing for non-traditional family values and his weaponizing of government agencies and institutions. I think this was more of a gift than the right can ever hoped to have gained by electing Romney.

Obama's second term also allowed for a 2 terms "black" president for those concerned about race. had people been outraged about a black man in office, there would have been MUCH more push back on his election and the 2012 campaign would have had a totally different tone. We saw the "racist" allegations come in more during the 2016 election, blaming the right of this, than we did during 2008 or 2012, and they justification was that by the mere disagreement with Obama's policies automatically made a person racist.

The 2012 election set the stage for Trump. W/o an Obama 2nd term, I suspect Hillary might have won 2016 and we would be in MUCH worse shape than having to endure 8 years with Obama.

Dealing with Obama for a second term was better than all the negative aspects that would have happened had he lost. The option was to endure more suffering to allow the right to galvanize and see the left for what it is/was. Had this not happened we wouldn't have opened so many eyes to the dirty tricks of the MSM and government.
I think there were probably some republicans who voted for Obama probably because they saw the potential of what could come from a 2nd term and the fact that a new pres would just keep the right "confused" as to how they are being manipulated by media, gov, NGO's, etc. It gave time to learn, stoke the outrage and expose the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

In 2008, the GOP ran a corpse.
People that vote for McCain were voting for a heart attact.

In 2012 the GOP ran the only guy that couldn't win.

The GOP deserved to lose those elections

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

In 2008, the GOP ran a corpse.
People that vote for McCain were voting for a heart attact.

In 2012 the GOP ran the only guy that couldn't win.

The GOP deserved to lose those elections

I agree to an extent but many people thought the same about Trump when he was chosen as the nominee. Look at how a tactical campaign paid off for him.

I think that Obama's second term had more benefits for the Right, in the long run, than there would have been had someone else won in 2012. That is what I'm trying to say. While a lot of bad things happened, they were necessary for the right to awaken and see what was really happening behind closed doors and what the true intent is of the Left (while many suspected these things, his actions removed all doubt). That is the "gift" about which I write.
edit on 11 27 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No one in Washington is loyal to any party, they are loyal to the money and only claim to be red or blue depending on where the money tells them to go.

It's crazy how people still actually believe we have a choice in who's president. They're chosen years ahead of time and the campaigning is nothing more than a way to delude people into thinking their vote matters. It's even more baffling how people think the president has any real power.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
No one in Washington is loyal to any party, they are loyal to the money and only claim to be red or blue depending on where the money tells them to go.

It's crazy how people still actually believe we have a choice in who's president. They're chosen years ahead of time and the campaigning is nothing more than a way to delude people into thinking their vote matters. It's even more baffling how people think the president has any real power.

I largely agree but I have to say that there are often candidates that come from no-where in the house or senate. Do you think they picked Trump 4-8 years ago? Do you think they wanted him as president? Or did they pick him for some odd reason after seeing how terribly the nation responded to Hillary.

new topics

top topics

join