It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sweet dreams of sausage Sangas... just count the snags on the barbie !

( auto correct kept changing Sangas to Santa's ! )

The mongrel did it again !!

ED: Really auto correct ?

Santa's on the Barbie !!

Really !

Night Staff can believe it !

edit on 28-11-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

The auto correct needs an aussie vernacular dictionary!

bally

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Yeah but not everyone needs to know what a Boondie stick is !

( auto correct : a Blondie stick ...pfft ! )

😎

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Just watching a special on Jonie Mitchell ...

What a voice, what an artist !

They are still paving paradise ... 😥
edit on 28-11-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Early morning Christmas ramble ahead. I'm basically avoiding getting the morning laundry started, the basement's cold. You've been warned

You know what? Christmas shopping for tweens kinda sucks, this was so much easier when the kids were little and stuff like legos, pretend play food, play-doh and stacks of coloring books were easy gift choices you already knew they'd love.

The older kid is not making it easy by any means. "What do you want for Christmas?" "Real make-up!!" "Hell no." "I dunno, whatever you get then." That's it? No suggestions, no help, nada? Thanks, kid.

Hubby bought her an easel for her birthday, but already gave it to her early. It came with a canvas, and she's already finished a painting with it, and asked for more canvases. I figured that would make an adequate Christmas gift for the budding starving artist, so I got her a couple dozen (listen, the weekend sales were pretty good for craft supplies! Don't judge!) I also got a much larger set of acrylic paints for her, her current set is limited in color choices, and she's running low anyway.

On hubs' behalf, I got her a pair of amethyst earrings he'd had his eye on, and her sister got her a little stuffed Lynx (older daughter is All Things Feline)

This is kind of funny, because we have a laundry list of ideas a mile long for the younger kid, and couldn't think of anything beyond earrings for the older one. Boy, that changed.

So far, I've got the younger kiddo a gem digging kit (she already did a fossil digging kit and loved it, she'll love adding more gems to her display cabinet) and several skeins of yarn. She has a small knitting loom for making skinny scarves/headbands, but really wants a loom for blanket-making. I've got my eye on an infinity loom, and probably will get that instead of the long loom I've also been pondering.

That's 3 things each, including the yet-to-be-decided on loom (it's just a matter of picking one) I can always get an etched glass dino light I found on Amazon for the younger kid, dinosaurs are her main passion, and this would probably be very well-received.
She also wants Gallium. I'm not kidding. To play with a bit, and display. I might be able to swing this, but it's not exactly that cheap for the amount you get (100 grams runs about $30 bucks)

But as for the older kid? I'm out of ideas. She doesn't need any brushes (she has plenty and is very picky) She doesn't need any more charcoal pencils, or watercolor pencils, or regular pencils, or paper types, etc. She's well-stocked in the sketching/drawing department.

They usually get one or two joint gifts to share each year, too. I've previously done a mixed box of nail polishes (and may or may not use them myself...) art supplies, and got them a Kindle to share last year. Which was a surprising hit with the older kid, it might as well be hers for as much as she has her nose in it reading.

I got a Build-A-Bear gift card for them to share. The idea is that this year, since hubby has it off, we'll be insane and go to the store in the mall on Christmas Eve (or maybe the day after Christmas) and take advantage of those sales & let them make new buddies. They did this in the spring, a random surprise hubby took them out to do, and they were over the moon.
Ok, so it was more like hubs saw that they had their Chewbacca on sale, wanted one, and took the kids in as an excuse to make his own.
The kids were still over the moon, lol.

I might just compromise and get a 25 lb block of air-dry clay, sculpting tools and seal for them as another joint gift. They both love working with clay (modeling clay, as of late) and the younger kid in particular is very good at wire sculpting, makes her own wire frames, and they're very sturdy. I'm going to have a house full of dino skulls and vertebrae and feet and such, but she'd be one happy kid.

Hubby actually requested I skip the cologne this year, which does make sense, actually. He's got plenty of it still. I got 2 bottles last year, one being his staple, Star Trek's Red Shirt (actually very good budget cologne! Very, very similar to Prada's Luna Rossa Sport, which I got for him before) The other was Versace's Eros, which was the gamble & why I got Red Shirt (in case he didn't like Eros)
So I had to get to thinking about what I'm going to get him. And kept coming up empty. He's not an easy guy to shop for, argh. He eventually pointed out a watch he's had his eye on, so there's that to consider.

But, BUT! I did have a brainfart that I'm pretty proud of for even remembering.

He's been wanting a backlit keyboard for a long time, so he can pitter around on the computer and not have to turn the light on to see what he's doing.
See, the desk is in the bedroom, so obviously, lights got very irritating quickly when he was up in the middle of the night on an old night shift day off, and since he gets up at 3am for the day shift now (as opposed to 3pm for the night shift) I fully expect that blood-boiling "click! click! click!" and on/off/on/off with the light to remain when he gets to typing something.
He's looked into getting them before because he is very aware that it's really irritating for me, but they've generally been more than he's willing to spend on them. Then Amazon had a lightning sale, and one he was looking at cropped up at a really good discount that I couldn't say no to
He's definitely not going to see this coming at all

< grumbles > I should probably get that laundry going...
edit on 11/28/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Easy enough lol. I just had to follow the trail of donut crumbs and pixie poop.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. My sleep was more restful than usual. I've just finished taking a stroll through your wonderful gardens

For now, if anyone needs me I will be cooking up a storm (any special requests ? )

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

For now, if anyone needs me I will be cooking up a storm (any special requests ? )

Be careful as to what kind of storm you cook up. They are not that popular in the Shed.😆
I kid of course, and yes I do have a request. A simple fluffy cheese and mushroom omelette with brown toast.

Beautiful pic of part of our gardens ! 👍🏼

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Morning Sheddittes, I drank too many pixie drinks and slept til 1130

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hehe no need to worry, everyone here seems to be quite kind. You've welcomed me warmly and I do feel myself rather tame here.

That's indeed a good thing
by the way I do hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Now if you pardon my absence, I must leave again. I'll be sure to keep my eyes around here though

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Morning, up early after that big night.

Where's the dunny? I'm busting.

bally

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Dang, I forgot the signs again...

/me hammers an imitation rooster to a door and an imitation hen on another door, quickly.
edit on 28/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Hi TEO, Hope you don't mind my shortening your name, but for us lazy folks, it's easier to write. LOL

I Love your garden pic!!!! I shall show you our other gardens. They are all over the place.

There are many more, but that's all for now.

I have never had ads popping up in here before and am rather upset. For a while the site was slow for me and others and now these ads Gah!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's wonderful that your kids are creative!

I might go to youtube to watch some craft videos later. There are so many really awesome ideas that you can find and are cheap to make, yet looks like they cost a lot in a shop.

I have made so many things in the past and put them into gift baskets lined with pretty colored tissue paper and added a big beautiful bow on the handle. Maybe I'll share some later or make a thread.

I don't see an ad right now, but if they keep popping up or the site gets slow as molasses again, I may take off for a while. I'm hoping I won't have to.

Thanks for sharing yet another fun story with us of family life at Nyiah's!

Bally and Timely kept me up all night into the morning. I need a special dictionary for those two. LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hello to whoever is around and to our dedicated lurkers! Wish more of you would jump in.

I know it's not Christmas yet, but I can only use these pics for a limited time, so I'm starting early.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The small iron gate creaked loudly in protest at the sudden intrusion as Gordi put his shoulder to the task of forcing it open.
Behind him, beyond the bright sunlight that betrayed the tunnel's entrance, lay the hidden goat trail which wound its way up the wooded hillside from the beach below.
Ahead, the dark winding tunnel... dimly lit by the occasional flicker of a burning torch.

"So, this is whaur number twinty two has brought us?
Looks like we finally goat a wee castle o' oor ain tae bide in!"

And with that the big fella walked forward, took a large key from his shoulder pouch, turned it in the lock of the huge oak door that lay before him and pushed it open to reveal the secret entrance to the fabled wine-cellar of Castle Shedvania 22.

"Honey, I'm home!" he bellowed out through a hearty chuckle.

Then, he dumped his backpack behind the door, made his way to the kitchens, grabbed a beer and sat himself down in a comfy rocking chair by the fire...
He was truly... home.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I certainly dont mind you shortening my name, you can call me what you like so long as it's nice.

Gordi, it is good to see you have arrived. it was your poetic words that have drawn me to this wonderful shedcastle, and for that I do thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

All's good. Found the dunnies.

Fine job Light Speed. Looks around.

bally

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Hi NS,

You'reright about the popup adss.

Getting them all the time now.

Bally

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Some midnight beers and relaxing.

Anyone want some? i have a bit too much beer. The pixies could carry a few cold cans to someone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join