It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Haha! I had visuals on that. Light lying there, glasses askew. LOL

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Cool van! I like the flames.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'll be in the movie room with Brent if anyone cares to join us.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have glitter on me
Damn you Xmas ornaments!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ahahaha! That happened to me when I was making out Christmas cards. I bet you look cute in your glitter. You can start a new trend in here. Everyone must wear glitter for the Holidays.

I was busy cleaning the turtle tank filter unit, thingy and some things around the house.
Maybe I'll get a new fishy for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Peers out the window and sees a jolly old elf helping the animals to decorate.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi sweetie, I don't have any dragons at the moment, but I found this. I think it is Finnish.
Does it say Merry Christmas?
I am a Christmas/ "Any thing we can celebrate, person" . Now how are you doing?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

OMG, how cute!

Hi Wis!

I'm watching the movie Iceman.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Is Santa gonna cook that Moose ?
Bloody greedy elves !
Pfft !

Nah I don't think so. I think Father Christmas just likes to surround himself with critters. They are much more agreeable than humans, at times.

I know elves can be greedy, they demand thier porridge and cookies.
Better late than never with the reply, aye?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This is nice, I love the "sparklies". I found this today for the cat lovers.

Iceman, I'll look that up.

I had a decent day and was able to function. I clean for my friend every two weeks but it had been four weeks because I had been sick. I don't consider it a job, it is more like visiting. Which we do before and after the "operation". Her husband and I had a marvelous heated discussion about, politics in religion, "keeping up appearances" and hiding behind piety.
It was wonderful. We always agree to disagree, with grand hugs to end the visit.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well I will share something so nice it had me in tears.
My vehicle is in dire need of brakes and stuff, but even though I make a fair amount now I don't have a large amount out of pocket available. But I need the darn thing to get to work, so I choked my pride and went to the local shop, which is very small.
They are kind people, with out making a fuss of it, from my parish that I don't attend any more, but they know me from six years of sitting in the same pew. Before I presented my needs I asked if it was possible to pay it off in increments.
"No problem". They didn't have time for more than a week, but after he inspected the car, he wanted it in right away.
I was so grateful, I cried when I was alone. I am not used to kindness, when you are poor you usually get the boot. They are the sort of people that make it worth while going on for one more day. They make me believe we can make it.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

There is still much kindness in the world. I'm happy to hear that things worked out so well.

There are so many heart warming stories that I hear about in various places all over the world. I know a lot of people hate facebook, but when you meet the right people and join the right groups, it is amazing the amount of love and compassion and joy that is shared. We have our beautiful souls of ATS and people we know in real life as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hiya!

So glad that WIS got her (or is getting her vehicle fixed) going into winter no less!

Just a wee update from me to check in...so...North Carolina being proactive (thank gosh!) evacuated my sister and her O2 dependent wife to a nursing facility ahead of storm Diego. While they were there for the weekend, my sister in law has taken a turn for the worse and is going into an official hospice facility tomorrow. They will allow my sister to stay in the room with her, for as long as possible.

You know, people over there with my sister keep saying "So you'll be here...tomorrow?". I say "No, unless it's an emergency, my sister and I have talked and she knows when to call me". I can almost feel the glare through the phone and then it occurred to me, today, that my sister is 84 and they think that I am also retired and in their peer group. In other words, they don't realize that I am 30 + years younger and cannot just up and leave at the drop of a pin...I finally "get it"!

The social worker is babysitting their dog and the cat should be fine until a friend can check on her (when the roads are clearer and it is safe to do so). Lexie, their dog, IS a big BABY so "babysitting" is the correct choice of word LOL.

Hope you all are well and I think of you often. Down in the dumpsies so, not a lot to contribute but did feel obligated to post a chrismassy pic (AGAIN!) and tell you all my news...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Wow, you got your work cut out for you there, Sis.
So you have social workers that take care of pets in NC? I am moving there.

I will sit with you in the "dumpsies", my world isn't all flowers either, so we can spray a little air freshener "Christmas Tree" scent to cover the stench. Any way perhaps we can find a little gold down here?
Can you do the Christmas trees in green too?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Oh Sweetie, I'm glad your Sister and her wife were evacuated in time. Very sad though to hear that your Sister-In-Law has taken a turn for the worse.

It's awesome that the social worker is looking after the precious pets. I understand completely that you are down at this time, but glad that you stopped in to keep us updated on everything. I think of you often with so much love my friend. Please Pop in when you can.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why I don't like getting out of bed:

My dreams have something to do with it of course as I have a much better life in them for the most part.

My last dreams were a long series of dreams involving happy people living in a happy place.

First I was spending time with a young and healthy couple and their wonderful children. The town they lived in was made up of older homes that were well taken care of. I was happy to be with others that were happy to begin with.

As the dream continues I find myself in a large office building with walls made of glass where ever there were inside walls which wasn't much. Most of the people there, walking around, were younger people (20s-30s) mostly female wearing nice clothes.

I ended up in a large open area with several tables where there was some sort of job fair going on.

Once awake the idea of not wanting to get up continued as I had a baby (cat) on each side of my chest enjoying my company.

This is why getting up can be so hard as I would rather be someplace I'm happy and next to those who love me as I am.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

This is why getting up can be so hard as I would rather be someplace I'm happy and next to those who love me as I am.

I can relate to that even though I try to give the appearance that my life is "so normal/ordinary". I just want to remain in that state of pure bliss that those warm beings provide. They snuggle up with out demanding any thing but a gentle hand.
The dream was very vivid and interesting, not that I interpret dreams. They are so personal and beyond my expertise.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thank you for being there, my dear friend.

As I have no life outside of this computer my dreams have been making up for it by being quite vivid.

Today I've saved several sites of everything from government assistance to online support groups. The issue I have is that it is all too overwhelming for me. Hopefully (as I need this) I can find someone online that I can explain myself to and let them show me the way out of this mess I'm in.

At least I have some music to drown out my dad's noises:

edit on 12 10 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi.

Time is about 6 AM and i just had my morning coffee. Have a good day everyone!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

A support group can be very helpful for you Blue, especially if they have the same or similar problems as you have. I hope you find one that you find satisfactory.

As for your dreams, different people may have different interpretations of what they might mean. It always amazes me how you can vividly recall them all.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join