It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

It is afternoon now, but wasn't when you posted. Lol

I will be leaving soon to have lunch with my friend Linda and get groceries and stuff. I hope more people show up throughout the day.

Have a wonderful day my friend!

edit on 24-5-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for my habanero seeds to germinate, but am leaning more towards them not being viable. They are a few years old, and do take a while to pop anyway, so it could be a waiting game still. But I'm not very optimistic at this rate.

So I went and bought a couple of ghost pepper plants in the meantime
If nothing else, I will have some ungodly spicy hot sauce later this year!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So you jumped from Habanero to Ghost Peppers just like that? That's quite a leap of faith, I take it you have plenty of balsam-infused toilet paper?

Good luck. I like a nice pepper but I don't think it will take more than a fraction of one of those to stun elephants, deter lions and make psychopaths think "Ah...maybe I'm not that crazy yet?"

edit on 24/5/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA I eat Madame Jeanette peppers. 150,000-350,000 scovilles. It's a ping-pong ball sized irregular pepper. (Can be yellow or red.) A girl friend gave me a present of a Madame Jeanette plant. I shared the first fruit of the plant with a German neighbour at his suggestion, raw. He took the first half-bite, I ate the rest. We roared. I wouldn't call them tears but we both had to let water exit our body via our eyes.
edit on 24/5/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Evening my Lovelies! Had a busy day and tomorrow I have to get up early as my Friend Diane is coming down. We will be having Chinese food for lunch and may go see a movie. We'll see. I'm tired and achy so I'm going to watch a movie or something and relax now.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Have a great weekend everyone!

6:45 AM here, i had three cans of beer in the fridge, when i woke up, and now they are gone. After posting this, i will make extra strong coffee!

Ice hockey semifinals this afternoon. Finland plays against Russia, and Russia has won all of their games and they are... just a superb team. If we lose this, i don't mind too much. My wounds will be healed last day of this month. Good omens miniseries is released then. I need to investigate, i know that it will be on some British channel, and i am willing to pay and i have a friend who is willing to split the cost. But if it can't be bought or it costs too much then i need to think of another solution.

GOOD OMENS Extended Trailer (2019)

The Chattering Order of St. Beryl

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You have a great weekend as well Fin!

I'm leaving in a half an hour to spend time with my best friend Diane. I was supposed to stay over her place out near the ocean, but I have a pulled muscle in my upper back and my pain is acting up. My turmeric and ginger has helped my regular pain at least. Anyway, she is coming down here and we will be going out to eat and shopping. I haven't seen her in a while, so she wants to pay for my lunch and for me to pick out a gift for my Birthday which was in April.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What I learned from a dream a couple of nights ago...

To me sleeping is something my body (or mind) just doesn't want to do anymore. Could be in part I don't want to leave the current day as there is nothing promising about the next day. Another reason is that being away in the middle of the night I am in a world of my own. A world where my dad is not in my face or around in general.

My body finally caught up with itself and I finally had my 12 hours of sleep. As I slept I dreamed, of course. The dream that I had was one that I did not want to wake up from but once awake, I'm awake. All I could do was repeat the dream a few times in part to recall it and mostly as way to hang on to it. I'd rather be there than the real world anyway.

Let's get to the dream and go from there:

The only setting for the dream is a large library, possible one in a college or such. Everything is brightly lit and colorful. I was taking some sort of test, writing down the answers of course. After the test (and this is why I knew the test/school year or such was over) I was standing by a wide slanted table. The is the type of table a library may have to display newspapers. I visualized a 3D calendar. Upon this calendar a nuclear explosion took place over the current date of the dream. I knew that this meant school was over.

Now I am away from this this table standing in front of a woman. I'm guessing she is about 5'3" tall with pale blondish medium length hair and a little on the heavy side. This must have been someone I went to class with. She hugs me (guessing as it is our last day there) and I kiss her on the cheek. We are then holding hands. See why I would rather be in that dream than the real world?

Back to the slanted table now. There are other people near me at this time as we all are checking on what are new schedules are. Schedules for what? I have no clue.

Finding my name on these pages of schedules was an impossible task. Others were going through them as well. Plus all sorts of papers of different colors and of different things were attached to the schedules by paperclips I think. Each page had only a few names listed and a lot of other words that I could not read. I found my first name but it was not me. Different last name.

So I move to my right to check out a large colorful folder. It is for some present day heavy metal rock group called "Ace". I can't explain what was in the folder, for the most part, but is was all related to Ace. I can best describe them as a modern day KISS based on the artwork and such.

Now that I got that puzzling piece of this story out of the way I was back to the pages of schedules and such. On top of all of these pages was a very small illustration of the woman I was hugging earlier. Below the picture was some story about her. From this I got that her name was something like Bettedey or Belindadey.

end of dream, darn.

edit: JACY and all. I shared this dream with Jacy already but I forgot about one important part.

Within the pockets to the Ace folder was a knife. Some sort of hunting knife I would say. Why there? Who knows. Also in the folder pockets after I closely examined them were some stamps. L S D stamps or the sort. Why is this important? It's because as down as I've been I've forgotten who the inner me is and what I'm supposed to be all about. The stamps represent my need for a device to be me back to my inner self. After letting this concept sit for a day or so the answer came to me. I need to bring back Mr. Hollywood.

Hey, who is Mr. Hollywood? Good question. Years ago after divorcing wife number one I was lost in the world of dating. This was before there was anything close to internet dating sites. Options at that time involved dumb luck with finding a date, The telephone dating sites, and overpriced companies that could "match" you with someone. I lacked the confidence to make use of these for the most part. I talked to someone at work about this and he suggested that I brink out a Mr. Hollywood personality; that of thinking, talking, and doing things as if I was a Hollywood star without thinking negative thoughts. I'm not saying that this was to make me egotistical or such, just to let my hair down and be me. So I sold myself to the world as Mr. Hollywood.

This brought to me the chance to travel to several parts of the world. Be out on my own away from negative family members. As well as giving me that chance to meet Janey. I've forgotten all about this. This was an especially useful method of making sales at the call centers I worked at around that time as well.

But wait, I like to ramble just to confuse people. What about the girl in the dream? Bettedey/Belindadey could mean "better day" as finding someone to spend my time with would make my life much better. Maybe Bettedey/Belindadey could mean birthday as mine is next week. It reminds me a time after losing Janey that was good but at the same time bad. I wonder if this has anything to do with the nuclear explosion showing this is the last day?

edit number two: Last night's short dream was a reminder that I can't find any easy way to do anything. Basically it was a Civilization IV map of a world covered in so many canals and waterways that it takes at least 7 miles of sailing just to go around the corner to get anywhere. This reminds me of job tried applying for online that was perfect for me but I wasn't able to set up a username and password to do so no matter what I tried and how careful I was at doing so.

edit on 5 25 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

You always seem to remember such details from your dreams. Lately I know that I have had dreams, pleasant ones, but once I wake up I can't recall what they were about.

I think we are spirit beings having a human experience. It seems we are here to learn, to experience, to teach and share and love. I think when we leave our human bodies, we go on to something different, something better. I dunno, I'm half asleep right now and need some rest. I'll have to be philosophical another time.

Thanks for sharing your dreams, thoughts and feelings Blue!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

So you jumped from Habanero to Ghost Peppers just like that? That's quite a leap of faith, I take it you have plenty of balsam-infused toilet paper?

Lol, sort of. I was looking for habanero plants, but they didn't have any. They did have the Ghost Peppers, though. I figured why not, the hot sauce I'm going to be making is just going to last a little longer that way

Good luck. I like a nice pepper but I don't think it will take more than a fraction of one of those to stun elephants, deter lions and make psychopaths think "Ah...maybe I'm not that crazy yet?"

Lmao, I guess that's one way to describe ghost peppers XD

ETA I eat Madame Jeanette peppers. 150,000-350,000 scovilles. It's a ping-pong ball sized irregular pepper. (Can be yellow or red.) A girl friend gave me a present of a Madame Jeanette plant. I shared the first fruit of the plant with a German neighbour at his suggestion, raw. He took the first half-bite, I ate the rest. We roared. I wouldn't call them tears but we both had to let water exit our body via our eyes.

Madame Jeanettes, those are Suriname Yellow Peppers, right? I've heard about them, but finding them to buy is very hard. Maybe I'll have to order some seeds and give them a try next year?

Habaneros don't tend to bother me much after I acclimate to them (one a day for a week straight and I'm usually very tolerant of the heat & digestive aspects afterward) My older brother and I used to have little betting (for cash, obviously) competitions over who could eat more peppers or hot sauce and hold out longer. Once, I ate 6 habs in a row to best his 3 (and he didn't finish the third) chewing very thoroughly (yeah, heartburn kicked in by then) and he just threw his hands up, tossed me a $100 and said he was never doing those competitions again.
We both really paid for it when it came back out, but hey, I was a hundred bucks richer after 5 minutes, lmfao.

Lol, once upon a time at work a long time ago, my Indian boss was complaining about the heat in a lot of Indian food. He preferred mild dishes and hated when his wife cooked spicy meals. He was complaining about some veggie curry she made being too hot, and I casually ate half a habanero (I was gong to slice it to add to a sammich) He trailed off in mid-sentence and just watched, mouth agape as I munched the other half. "I'm listening, keep going!" < still staring at me, watching for the nose & eye floods to start > "....HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO TALK AND SEE STILL!?" XD

But PLENTY of times, I've absolutely paid for eating too many at once/in a day, especially from going gung-ho & not acclimating first. When I do that, my older kid likes to taunt me from the other side of the bathroom door, "Hey mom? You tired of farting fire and pooping lava yet? What did we learrrrn?" And she really emphasizes that question while hubby laughs his ass off elsewhere.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Man, I don't know how you can eat really hot, spicy food. I'll take mild thank you.

I'm watching Stargate the movie. I've seen it before, but thought I'd watch it again.

I made pop corn if anyone wants to join me in the theatre room.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Man, I don't know how you can eat really hot, spicy food. I'll take mild thank you.

I'm watching Stargate the movie. I've seen it before, but thought I'd watch it again.

I made pop corn if anyone wants to join me in the theatre room.

I saw that in the theater when it came out! When the series debuted, I actually shunned it for a few seasons because I thought there was no way the series could be as good as the movie was.

Boy, was I wrong.

I'm watching Babylon 5 right now, I've never seen it before. I'm pretty sorry I never watched it sooner, I actually really like it. The acting & graphics/special effects in the first season were pretty awful, but the stories were compelling enough to hook me. I'm starting the third season and have to admit, this is pretty good classic sci-fi

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

B5 is my 2nd favorite sci fi show. The story really comes together in the 4th season. Honestly the best story arc I've had the pleasure of watching. The movies are good too.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I guess it's Sci-Fi night for Saturday.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hallo everybody! How's the weekend so far?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Well hello there DOE! It's wonderful so far. How are things going for you?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My spirits are high, though I'm laid up in bed from nerve pain in my neck and shoulder that I woke up with. Gives me an (unneeded) excuse to take another night off.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Well at least your spirits are high. That's always a good thing eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join