It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people storming america boarders vs preacher trying to get on an island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I didn't not bring this thought together, one Allie Beth Stuckey did, this is her tweet

The insanity of intersectionality is the reason the same people who are condemning the US for protecting our borders non-lethally are also defending the tribe who brutally murdered an American. Their go-to is: America is bad & racist and no one else is. #logical

My thing in life is try to judge everything the same. Also, know when someone is full of crap

Are boarders important? If you change your mind on whos boarder it is, then you are full of crap. If boarders are always important to you or never important to you, then i respect your opinion either way. If you say it's racist for one group of people to protect it's boarder but not racist for another group of people, then your issue, is you are probably racist and judge people differently based on their skin color, and not the 1984 definition of racist, which is, anything i don't like is......

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Boarders are to be protected.

I can, however, sympathize with some of those trying to cross more than others. It still doesn't make either legal.

edit on 27-11-2018 by headorheart because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The point you make was immediately obvious the second that mainstream ‘intellectuals’ started talking on the internet about the preacher who was killed.

“Shouldn’t be trying to bring his ideology to those who don’t want it” was the line I heard from those who think that Europe should accept islamic rape-culture.

“It’s their country and they have a right to decide who enters” is what I seen coming from those who think that the United States has to allow anybody and everybody into the country.

‘Pathetic’ at best.

What I still have NOT seen, is the opposite. I have not seen those who believe in border-control defending the preacher’s right to enter the islander’s land.

I guess that shows us who the real hypocrites are.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't believe the people on that island, or their ancestors ever made any kind of agreement or treaty with anyone. And the laws govern the island are pretty clear. Stay away from it!! For your safety and theirs!!!
The US is a little more advanced and civilized, we have laws and treaties along with a way to change laws we don't like.
and well, if you don't like the laws, you work to change them. You don't just ignore them and do whatever the heck you want!!! And it's my understanding that those laws allow for refugees to enter into our country (doesn't matter if it's through a point of entry or not) and apply for asylum. and we have treaties where we have agreed to do just that.
And, I disagree that we have a crisis at our border..
We have a crisis in central america, of which we played a part in creating. If we don't want it reverberating all the way to our border, then maybe we should start being serious about addressing that crisis.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Weird parallel.

I don't mind us not letting people just waltz across our border, but if you're suggesting we do as the island of natives did to the preacher.... That's just silly.

They've had little to no contact with the outside world, there is no way someone could communicate they mean them no harm, and no way they could keep that promise if they could.

Just us breathing on that island could wipe out that small tribe with diseases we carry but are resistant to.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If we don't want it reverberating all the way to our border, then maybe we should start being serious about addressing that crisis.

It's called enforcing and updating our immigration laws. Something both sides have campaigned on for decades, yet nobody does anything about it once in office. It's never been a partisan issue. Now Trump is trying to do exactly what previous campaigns campaigned on and now those same people scream racism. If you're referring to regime change, then we're in total disagreement. Regime change doesn't work and has been proven by past administrations. All it creates is terrorism and more debt with the added bonus of destroying a country and displacing millions of families.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's border.

If someone, and then people responding to that someone, can't even spell the word they are trying to talk about, how much confidence should that give someone that this will be an intelligent conversation?

Border is what you're trying to talk about guys. Boarder is when someone hijacks your train or a ship and then boards it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Oh someone will come by and pass out blankets to them.....everybody likes free stuff

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Border, not Boarder. A boarder is a renter who is staying in someone's home.

We defend our border to ensure that the US doesn't suddenly get overrun with foreign, illegal boarders.
edit on 27-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Oh someone will come by and pass out blankets to them.....everybody likes free stuff

Eh, the island is small and probably lacks resources a developed country would need.

We'll spare them the blanket donation.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It doesn’t happen often, but I’m in total agreement with you on this one. a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It doesn’t happen often, but I’m in total agreement with you on this one. a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well shoot, you've effectively just made me change my whole opinion on the matter.

Just kidding, cheers.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well shoot, you've effectively just made me change my whole opinion on the matter.

Just kidding, cheers.

So you have an island with a culture living on it showing signs that it is violent and lethal
Probably kill each othe oppress women and children
But that's ok?

Oops missed the swerve at the end...

edit on 27-11-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Just kidding, cheers.

So you have an island with a culture living on it showing signs that it is violent and lethal
Probably kill each othe oppress women and children
But that's ok?

Oops missed the swerve at the end...

Oh I see what you're doing. You're assuming I adopt all "progressive" values and am worried an isolated tribe opresses women or kills a dumbass who went over offering "salvation".

I'll let it slide.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Very sensible of the islanders to defend themselves, well done to them. The island is Out-of-Bounds for a reason.

He was a fool and paid the ultimate price. If anyone tries to find his body i hope the same happens to them.

Anyway, i highly doubt they would have understood a word of what the preacher would have said. Him trying to tell them about a fictional story to try to influence their way of life would have been next to impossible.

Leave them alone to live how they want to live.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Certainly not progressive values but

Most of these native tribes are violent towards each other

Maybe just basic ethical standards that probably dont exist
I could go into detail but I guess it would be lost

Just so you know, it was those dumbasses offering salvation that took the world from the dark ages, brought you education, hospitals and the sciences
No doubt that tribe don't deserve anything like that

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What if we're moving too fast? Should we civilize the whole world in the name of ethics?

Keep in mind estimates put native American deaths at 75% to disease alone.

We could easily wipe them out just by shaking hands. What's the point?

Let them live, it doesn't effect anyone for a tribe to live in the old ways on an isolated island. Maybe one day we can fly drones undetected and get samples to solve something.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

First, you would have to teach them your language, then they would have to understand the way of the world works. They would have a long, long way to go before understanding the sciences etc.

Just how long would it take to convert them to our ways of understanding? 20 years?, 50?, 100? If ever.

You would have to stop them being violent first, that would be the first goal. Got to crawl, then walk, before you can run.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What if we're moving too fast? Should we civilize the whole world in the name of ethics?

Keep in mind estimates put native American deaths at 75% to disease alone.

We could easily wipe them out just by shaking hands. What's the point?

Let them live, it doesn't effect anyone for a tribe to live in the old ways on an isolated island. Maybe one day we can fly drones undetected and get samples to solve something.

And your opinion is valid, a little naive but valid

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide

First, you would have to teach them your language, then they would have to understand the way of the world works. They would have a long, long way to go before understanding the sciences etc.

Just how long would it take to convert them to our ways of understanding? 20 years?, 50?, 100? If ever.

You would have to stop them being violent first, that would be the first goal. Got to crawl, then walk, before you can run.

Lets just dont help anyone, good plan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join