It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equal justice, or as it used to be called "Justice".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
www.wsj.com...

Mr. Manafort, who pleaded guilty to conspiring against the U.S. and obstruction of justice, agreed to cooperate with the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, Mr. Mueller’s office noted in a three-page filing. But he subsequently lied on a number of issues, the office alleged, adding that it would file a detailed submission describing Mr. Manafort’s “crimes and lies” at a later date. Mr. Manafort, in the same filing, disputed Mr. Mueller’s characterization of his cooperation, saying he met with government investigators many times and answered their questions. Mr. Manafort “believes he has provided truthful information and does not agree with the government’s characterization or that he has breached the agreement,” his lawyers said.

I have said it before, and will re-iterate it. If Manafort did illegal things, arrest him, charge him, and if guilty, punish him. But, before you swing that gavel, be DAMN sure you applied equal treatment to ALL involved. If you LIED to the FBI, and they see it as a crime that warrants jail time, super, jail everyone who has lied during this process. Hillary, Huma, Podesta, whomever. To just punish those on the right, almost seems wrong. Hell, perhaps we should make a group of people who look out for justice. We could call it the American Civil Liberties Union, or something like that. It would be a NON PARTISAN group that just looked out for individuals. Oh sh!t, there already is a group called that, but they are wildly biased and political, so they won't be any help here.

Just so you know, when your smug arrogant attitude is bandied about, and you act as if your sh!t doesn't stink and you are above the law, those are the character traits that make you unlikable to most. So if you like that, embrace it, but don't bother playing the martyr card. Even you aren't that damn dumb.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know.

Manafort was John Podesta by another name. They did the same things.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a right wing snowflake is feeling a little triggered this morning. Suck it up butter cup. If Hillary had really committed a crime she would have suffered the consequences. Unfortunately the only crimes she committed are the ones conjured up by those with an agenda. Every day it’s more and more apparent that right wingers live in a make believe world that doesn’t even exist. a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I wonder how loudly you squawk whenever the cops shoot an unarmed black man?

How just is the system then?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Sounds to me like a right wing snowflake is feeling a little triggered this morning. Suck it up butter cup. If Hillary had really committed a crime she would have suffered the consequences. Unfortunately the only crimes she committed are the ones conjured up by those with an agenda. Every day it’s more and more apparent that right wingers live in a make believe world that doesn’t even exist. a reply to: network dude

I take it you didn't actually read any of the podesta emails, and ignored it when the fbi "misplaced" evidence against the Clinton's...
I also assume you've never actually done any research on any of the people mentioned on the Clinton death list.

Seriously shady things going on at the FBI- the organization is riddled with corruption and has been for decades.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hi soundkid, I love the enthusiasm, but there is a small flaw in your thinking. Having not been arrested for a crime, doesn't necessarily mean you are innocent, just that you haven't been arrested yet. I do understand that "justice" isn't a term you would fully grasp, but I do hold out hope that once you grow up, and experience the world outside your sub-terrainian utopia, you learn some of the ways thing actually function. Till then, pick up your dirty cloths, and don't back talk mommie.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If that's your opinion that's fine. Don't complain about anyone who is charged or not charged or convicted or not convicted.

I mean you can, if you like to be a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

i bet you ignore every time a black man shoots an unarmed black man which is basically a daily accordance.

if you actually think that cops go around looking to shoot people, i would challenge your reality, and question how big your friend circle is.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

That members comment obviously went over your head.

I think you were a bit quick to reaction bub.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

If Hillary had really committed a crime she would have suffered the consequences.

If Donald Trump had committed any crimes, he would have already suffered the consequences.

Unfortunately the only crimes she committed are the ones conjured up by those with an agenda.

Unfortunately the only crimes he committed are the ones conjured up by those with an agenda.

Every day it’s more and more apparent that right wingers live in a make believe world that doesn’t even exist.

Every day it's more and more apparent that left-wingers live in a make believe world that doesn't even exist.

You see how that works?

Network dude is spot on. If an activity is criminal for one, identical activities are criminal for all. That's called justice. What you are doing is called injustice and it is the mark of every malevolent dictatorship that has ever existed. The United States is built on a Constitution designed to encourage justice and repress injustice.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What's apparent is that left wingers choose to be ignorant and not do their due diligence in research of issues.

Hillary Clinton committed a crime when she admitted that she was keeping a personal email server in her house which was being stored in an unauthorized and ILLEGAL location! There is no denying this regardless of how much the left wants to play games with her "intent". Only fools believe that she didn't "intend" to use an illegal server when she didn't even bother setting up her government issued email account. Hell, Hillary even sent out a memo to her entire staff stating what the rules and protocols for using personal email were...and then she totally ignored them. This is exactly why Obama turned the email "rules" into LAWS in 2014, so it wouldn't happen again. Regardless of how you slice the "rules", it was definitely ILLEGAL to keep a private personal server with classified information on it in an unauthorized location. The only reason Hillary hasn't been indicted is because people are afraid of being knocked off.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Didn’t she send classified material over an unsecure network. I thought that was illegal. There’s people in prison for it . No equal justice. Also when you use the terms triggered, snowflake and buttercup it really makes me think that rational thought is not your best quality. This site used to be filled with people that have no party loyalty . Most of us know that the rulers are neither republican or Democrat . They want to own the world and they use the Democrats and Republicans to do that. Not sure why you’re on this site , maybe it’s your job. You’ve obviously learned nothing perusing it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know this is the mud-put, but I really wish people could get through a intelligent conversation without words like snowflake, triggered, and blaming the whole other side.

Lock up anyone who is guilty. Or at least fine/punish them. Hillary, Trump, Manafort, ANYONE.

It is super frustrating to follow this. I know they are not sharing everything. I understand why they aren't sharing everything. It is just a huge he said she said argument.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Republican senate, congress - and president! Still, nobody can bag Ms. Clinton? She must be magic

How's that? Huma and Podesta unwrangled too? The stories must be true

Manafort did illegal things - looks to be

To just punish those on the right, almost seems wrong.

edit on 11/27/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I still hold out hope that people like you will remember what integrity is, and realize that regardless of party, wrong is wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You just described trump and his entire legion of loser followers. It looks like Manafort is gonna spend the rest of his traitorous life in prison. Good riddance to the scum bag. I only hope he takes orange julius down with him. And it looks like he inadvertently proved collusion. When it’s all said and done, maybe you and a few other deplorables could write an article about being the last rats on a sinking ship. a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

And it looks like he inadvertently proved collusion.

LOL! How do you figure?!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No, not remotely.

If the law says a thing, it says thing.

If what Manafort did is bad, then what Podesta did is bad. They did the same things. But the poster in question whom I responded to seems satisfied that there is justice for some and not for others. I'll bet that same poster thinks the same system is completely unjust based on simple proportions alone and no other reason when it comes to how the legal system handles African Americans.

Meaning, he assumes that because African Americans commit so many more crimes, it must be proof of racism and not because there are cultural reasons why African American men, especially young ones, are disposed to commit more crimes and thus end up running afoul of the law. He won't examine the effects of social ills like teenage motherhood and single parent families, lack of education, or life in poverty ... all of which are inter-related and tend show strong correlations with criminal disposition in young boys of all races.

Nope, it's because the cops and justice system are unjust and racist because the alternative discussion would place some responsibility on African Americans themselves for part of the problem rather than just making them into the perfect victims we've been trained to see them as.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You just described trump and his entire legion of loser followers. It looks like Manafort is gonna spend the rest of his traitorous life in prison. Good riddance to the scum bag. I only hope he takes orange julius down with him. And it looks like he inadvertently proved collusion. When it’s all said and done, maybe you and a few other deplorables could write an article about being the last rats on a sinking ship. a reply to: network dude

you do make me smile.

I hope you got better after your fit. But if you read the OP and UNDERSTAND it (which would surprise me a good bit) you would realize that I am of the opinion that whomever is guilty, needs to be punished. If it's your mind's occupant, Trump, then so be it. If it's Manafort, so be it. I have no issue with people who break laws being punished. BUT, (this is where you and most of your butties seem to miss the point or willfully ignore it) this justice needs to be applied uniformly. to break that down into digestible words, it means that if someone on your side did bad things, they need to also be punished. Even if they are really popular and wear pants suits. Or are/were employed by such an individual. I really don't understand why seemingly intelligent people who used to at least pretend to display integrity would act as you and they do over this, but for the rest of the world who is subject to the laws and rules, seeing people skate by gets a bit irritating, and then seeing un-equal justice applied makes it even worse.

Sadly, none of you have the slightest hint of a pair when it comes to discussing this rationally. So say something about Trump and orange, then go pound whatever you pound.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I still hold out hope that people like you will remember what integrity is, and realize that regardless of party, wrong is wrong.

Here here - and likewise Network. Wrong is wrong - but being willing to admit someone is innocent is important too

Here's hoping we all learn to play fair - and maybe be a bit nicer in the process? Just sayin':

Just so you know, when your smug arrogant attitude is bandied about, and you act as if your sh!t doesn't stink and you are above the law, those are the character traits that make you unlikable to most. So if you like that, embrace it, but don't bother playing the martyr card. Even you aren't that damn dumb.

This also goes both ways

In the end, what I hope for is that we all realize that we are worth fighting for - together. Not against each other. For each other

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join