It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the MSM is called the enemy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

MSM is too far to the right for me.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Aside from all of them being pro war, I'd be hard pressed to believe you could convince me MSM as a whole is right wing leaning. They're neo-liberal at best, which isn't far left... but still.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They have been distorting his quotes and misrepresenting him since the very beginning.

I wonder if the MSM reported on Trump signing the Save Our Seas act.

Trump Signs Actually Good Bill to clean up Ocean Garbage

No, hardly anyone did. Yet they will publish stuff like “Trump doesn’t believe climate report”.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Right. Trump said he does not believe "climate change" will bring ruin to the U.S. economy, like the report predicts.

This is where being from OUTSIDE government makes President Trump more like you and me, than a life-long politician.

He sees our government bureaucracy for it is. Self-interests wanting to make a name for themselves. They can't be fired, and don't have much else to do... so why not make a headline every now and then.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is the same. Always wrong in its predictions, but makes news because it's the best our government has.

I'm so glad we have a NON-career politician running this country. President Al Gore would take this report and raise our taxes 20%, put us all on bicycles, and restrict our water usage to 1 gallon @ day.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Interesting you should think USA has been cleaning up its act, when Trump has appointed people from big oil and big coal to be in charge of the enviromental protection agencies, and they've started systematically dismantling the laws and regulations that stop big corporations from wrecking the environment.

Starting in the 1970s China exploded with CO2 admissions, and today they produce 2x the rest of the world combined. Countries that produce the most plastic wastes in our oceans (8 million tons per year) is as follows: China 5 million (see a trend here?) and most of the rest of the 3 million tons is from Indonesia, UK, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia respectively. With the most polluted cities we have India taking the top 7 slots and 13 out of the top 20. For the top 200 cities China has about 150 of them, once a again there is a trend here.

I understand all this and then I see posts like yours of how had Trump is for the climate. I see places like OR that banned plastic bags and wants to seriously tax anything carbon related. In these cases I see not even a small scratch in climate change prevention compared to many other countries while ending up putting stifling regulations on many things and forcing people to pay more for what they need.

We look at France right now they want to greatly increase gas tax to force people to use other means of transportation by making gas too expensive for most. When I look at carbon taxes, gas taxes, regulations etc I wonder how much is really about the environment and how much is using the environment for other gains.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The MSM has all but been ignoring the huge protests in France...characterizing it as protests against high fuel prices when, in reality, it is a massive rebellion against Macron's absurd 'Climate Change' carbon tax.

You are using the word "absurd" and I do not think that his carbon tax is "absurd". It is high and costly, but absurd has a different meaning.

Pressure on peoples wallets is a way to find new solutions, and those solutions might happen with better public transport, more electric cars on cheaper prices, people stopping use their SUV to drive to the next grocery store to buy a single packet of chilenian pepper and such nonsense.
People can actually do something for their childrens future.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You are using the word "absurd" and I do not think that his carbon tax is "absurd". It is high and costly, but absurd has a different meaning.

They're at 7usd~ a gallon, sounds absurd.

Why put the burden on the people? Why doesn't the government issue alternatives along with the tax to alleviate the working class?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Classic...... Internet sycophant parsing the smallest amount of minutia attempting to defend the indefensible.

It reminds me of just how weak minded and easily manipulated right wingers are.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

MSM - The Weapon Of Mass Deception. Spend the 20 mins and see the evidence. The Monsanto Story is eye opening.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Classic...... Internet sycophant parsing the smallest amount of minutia attempting to defend the indefensible.

It reminds me of just how weak minded and easily manipulated right wingers are.

So it's OK that the MSM has been putting blatant spin in headlines and stories? Because it's been happening far before Trump came along.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Careful, you will be called a Trumpette in a few posts if you don't tone it down.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Careful, you will be called a Trumpette in a few posts if you don't tone it down.

Eh, from the names I've been called over time, I'm apparently a man of many hats. Give it a few hours and I'll be a libtard haha.

I just try to call it how I see it. I don't think any sensible person would argue that the MSM leans left as a whole, or that the corporate versions have been spinning stuff for entertainment and ratings for some time now.

Good journalists are hard to come by these days, no matter their lean.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well, I don't like when you argue against me and win, so I'll tuck that "libtard" label away for future reference.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well, I don't like when you argue against me and win, so I'll tuck that "libtard" label away for future reference.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
MSM takes things out of context all the time. The "I don't believe it" explanation in the OP is a good example of their twisting of words. The devil is a deceiver, to Christians, MSM is doing the devils bidding. Even muslims would condemn what MSM is doing. MSM is deceiving people so it is an enemy of the good people. It is acceptable to those who consider deceiving others to benefit yourself is all right.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eh, from the names I've been called over time, I'm apparently a man of many hats. Give it a few hours and I'll be a libtard haha.

I just try to call it how I see it. I don't think any sensible person would argue that the MSM leans left as a whole, or that the corporate versions have been spinning stuff for entertainment and ratings for some time now.

Good journalists are hard to come by these days, no matter their lean.

The MSM is capitalist top to bottom. That, by default, puts them right of center. Nowhere is the MSM attempting to dismantle the system that allows them to profit (highly).

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Donald Trump's position on climate change is one of the few places we diverge.

I also diverge with liberals in how to deal with it.

There is so much ignorance surrounding this issue it is unbelievable. The source of it has been politics and regardless of where people fall in this issue, no one is actually listening to what scientists are saying, and most of you have never even read the abstract of a research paper, on either side.

Start there, and then lets talk about technology and engineering solutions.

Edit:

It should be noted that we have been on a CO2 cutting path for a long time now and with our technology and scientific efforts we've managed to drastically reduce our emissions.

The US is not the problem.
edit on 27 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I've read on occasion that they want to make an algae bio-diesel, the algae could be grown in huge sky scrapers and the photosynthesis would help offset the CO2.

Another idea they've proposed is flooding deserts and growing algae, that one I would imagine would have unintended ramifications.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The mainstream media outright LIES.. for ratings and to hurt our nation. It's as if THEY are jealous of their own country. Homeland Security had to correct MSM LIES yesterday, regarding the migrant caravan:

Department of Homeland Security Secretary - Setting the Record Straight..

“First, the violence we saw at the border was entirely predictable.

This caravan, unlike previous caravans, had already entered #Mexico violently and attacked border police in two other countries.

I refuse to believe that anyone honestly maintains that attacking law enforcement with rocks and projectiles is acceptable.

It is shocking that I have to explain this, but officers can be seriously or fatally injured in such attacks. Self-defense isn’t debatable for most law-abiding Americans.
Continued at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-157091

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So he said 'It's fine, I don't believe it'?

Or did he say he does believe the science of climate change? He just doesn't believe it will have impacts on the economy, like, fires and flooding?

Interesting you should think USA has been cleaning up its act, when Trump has appointed people from big oil and big coal to be in charge of the enviromental protection agencies, and they've started systematically dismantling the laws and regulations that stop big corporations from wrecking the environment.

LOL, you are a bit one dimensional. Obama made this economy, and did all the wonderful things that accompany it, like cleaning up the environment, or did Obama really do nothing in his 8 years?

Trump can't erase all the cleaning that was done this quickly, even as great as he is.

And as I said, he doesn't believe the doom and gloom predictions. Unless you have some proof that the current hurricanes and fires are caused by Global Warming, and not "nature". Seriously, the TDS is getting old and played. I worry who you will hate when Trump is no longer in office. Where will you put all that negative energy?

Geezus fella, could you not let it go one reply/post without launching the personal attacks and insults?

And yes, I have proof that current hurricanes and fires are caused by climate change. It's all in the multiple large scientific studies that have been published lately. But I forget, Trump cultists don't believe science because their supreme orange overlord tells them not to believe the thinky stuff, just believe daddy-Trump instead.

But hey, let's go for the personal attacks instead eh. Because lord knows you lot are just here for the ATS pro-Trump circle jerk, so please, go back to your Trump worshipping buddies and circle jerk away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join