It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the MSM is called the enemy.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...
This is just one example of many, but it's a good indication of how things have been spun by the MSM to drive the narrative that enables so many brain washed MSM viewers to believe only what they are told. They even include the video to show true context (which isn't anywhere near the article title)

US President Donald Trump has cast doubt on a report by his own government warning of devastating effects from climate change.

and the title of the article that most MSM outlets are running with ATM:

Trump on climate change report: 'I don't believe it'

But that isn't what was said at all. He was asked about the report, he said, "it's fine". Then when asked about the economic doom aspect of the report, he said "I don't believe it". Which is completely different than him discounting the report itself. And when looking back a week or so, and finding that a math error contributed to false claims of doom by AGW, it makes more sense to take claims of world ending havoc with a grain of salt.

Now, what Trump said that is very true, but not discussed should be the crux of the discussion, but when dishonestly is the goal, why would intelligent debate even be warranted?

USA has been cleaning up it's act. Other countries have not been working at the same pace. Trump said he would like clean air and clean water. Unless you are against that, it seems you ultimately agree with Trump on this, but your TDS won't allow you to admit such a thing is possible. And you get what we have here today. A lying media who no longer reports news, but twists it to suit their agenda. The enemy of the people would use propaganda to further their goals, and they do. Why not just accept the title, and embrace it? Showing just a little truth might sway a few fence sitters to jump on your hate bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So he said 'It's fine, I don't believe it'?

Or did he say he does believe the science of climate change? He just doesn't believe it will have impacts on the economy, like, fires and flooding?

Interesting you should think USA has been cleaning up its act, when Trump has appointed people from big oil and big coal to be in charge of the enviromental protection agencies, and they've started systematically dismantling the laws and regulations that stop big corporations from wrecking the environment.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So he said 'It's fine, I don't believe it'?

Or did he say he does believe the science of climate change? He just doesn't believe it will have impacts on the economy, like, fires and flooding?

Interesting you should think USA has been cleaning up its act, when Trump has appointed people from big oil and big coal to be in charge of the enviromental protection agencies, and they've started systematically dismantling the laws and regulations that stop big corporations from wrecking the environment.

LOL, you are a bit one dimensional. Obama made this economy, and did all the wonderful things that accompany it, like cleaning up the environment, or did Obama really do nothing in his 8 years?

Trump can't erase all the cleaning that was done this quickly, even as great as he is.

And as I said, he doesn't believe the doom and gloom predictions. Unless you have some proof that the current hurricanes and fires are caused by Global Warming, and not "nature". Seriously, the TDS is getting old and played. I worry who you will hate when Trump is no longer in office. Where will you put all that negative energy?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If it bleeds it leads (or anything they can sensationalize).

The bean counters for the MSM certainly don't mind Trump, he's giving them cannon fodder to pull in readers left and right.

On one hand, you have people who hate Trump eating this up as the "this will get him impeached finally", or his supporters reading it to point out the clear bias they've been slinging, often times with a few tricks to make it extra juicy.

Truth be told, they've been up to this game for decades now. There are clear establishment agendas both sides share that the MSM serve as the mouthpiece for. In some regards I'm sure that's why they're giving Trump hell, but turned a blind eye to Obama, who screwed over journalists left and right.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think the fact that it's so blatant and in your face now, has made it comical, especially when they cry crocodile tears about being called out for it by Trump.

Trump isn't without blame here, as he used the MSM to help him win the election. But when he's right, no amount of salty tears will change that.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yup, like the CDCs study on "gun violence" that was swept under the rug because it didn't fit the previous administration's agenda.

The CDC Gun-violence Study (Yes it did get done)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think the fact that it's so blatant and in your face now, has made it comical, especially when they cry crocodile tears about being called out for it by Trump.

Trump isn't without blame here, as he used the MSM to help him win the election. But when he's right, no amount of salty tears will change that.

The thing I find most ironic about the whole situation is how they were so quick to praise him when he did that quick show of force in Afghanistan and Syria.

Everyone has seen me be critical of him, but he has done way better things than drop bombs on two countries, yet that was the one time everyone laid down their arms and offered him some praise.

No serious person in the US who keeps up with current events would say you can read any MSM entertainment news article without a grain of salt. We've all known it for years, if anything, Trump is giving them one last hoorah by making them martyrs in some eyes.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I don't disagree, but I wonder, will the fall be as epic as that of Rome? (fall of the MSM)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have said this before but if Trump's MAGA hat blew into the water and instead of him swimming to get it he just walked across the water and retrieved his hat the headline would be, "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM"!

It might be funny if it were not so true..

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Oh, that show of force. He needed to do it as crazy as that sounds. After 8 years of "this is the red line, don't cross" and when that line got crossed, a new line was established ... He needed to drive home, very quickly, that he means what he says. If he sets a red line, it better not be crossed because he will do what he says.

He has backed off setting lines since, but when he says he will do a thing, he does his best to do them. Look at the border.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't disagree, but I wonder, will the fall be as epic as that of Rome? (fall of the MSM)

I think it will be a slow transitional death.

With the advent of the internet, we saw the crippling of newspapers across the country.

Now, at least in my generation, those who want cool headed information can personally vet non celebrities. Podcasts, YouTube, and the like have created an outlet for more voices. We no longer have to listen to syndicated pundits or corporate media types who obviously have a financial agenda.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It ceased to matter at all what the cause of global warming was years ago. The important thing is to actually do the work necessary to defend populations from its effects, whether that be coastal walls to keep the sea out, flood prevention barriers to keep rivers from overtopping the current defences, or totally rethinking how houses are built to ensure the protection of residents and property within, from everything from flooding, to hurricanes, to tsunamis, fires and tornadoes.

It doesn't matter what you believe. Your thinking on matters has no importance, other than to you. What matters is what is actually going on with the planet, and how it will effect our ability as a species to live on it safely and without having to wear protective equipment to do something as simple as taking a breath.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, that show of force. He needed to do it as crazy as that sounds. After 8 years of "this is the red line, don't cross" and when that line got crossed, a new line was established ... He needed to drive home, very quickly, that he means what he says. If he sets a red line, it better not be crossed because he will do what he says.

He has backed off setting lines since, but when he says he will do a thing, he does his best to do them. Look at the border.

Eh, Obama was more aggressive than Bush IMO, one of the reasons why I hated him.

Trump has been less so, which is one of the reasons I'm humoring him before casting him into my mind with Bush and Obama.

That little show of force was nothing. We dropped a large conventional bomb on a structure we could have used X amount for. And he hit some runways that were repaired in a few weeks in Syria.
edit on 27-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I was almost going to post a reply of the contrary type, stating that people are most to blame because most will only read a headline or see a the front page picture, which will confirm their bias or help them make up their mind.... instead of doing the research necessary to get the full TRUE story.

But then I realized that people have too much sh*t to worry about in their lives, and not enough time in any given day to worry about it in full. Thus it is INDEED on the MSM - they are accountable because they purposefully target people in ways to take advantage of our psychology, lack of time to research and our weaknesses. It's a mind-game to them in order to push the agenda of their overlords -- the elite globalists.

Damn the MSM - damn them to HELL!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It ceased to matter at all what the cause of global warming was years ago. The important thing is to actually do the work necessary to defend populations from its effects, whether that be coastal walls to keep the sea out, flood prevention barriers to keep rivers from overtopping the current defences, or totally rethinking how houses are built to ensure the protection of residents and property within, from everything from flooding, to hurricanes, to tsunamis, fires and tornadoes.

It doesn't matter what you believe. Your thinking on matters has no importance, other than to you. What matters is what is actually going on with the planet, and how it will effect our ability as a species to live on it safely and without having to wear protective equipment to do something as simple as taking a breath.

I totally agree with you here. Which is why I still cannot fathom the reason the AGW crowd is still crying so loudly to get everyone to hold hands with them. it's irrelevant. Unless we switch to something other than burning oil in the immediate future, nothing will change and arrogant assholes will keep clinging to some moral high ground they pretend exists.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Unless we switch to something other than burning oil in the immediate future, nothing will change and arrogant assholes will keep clinging to some moral high ground they pretend exists.

I used to say we need to switch to alternate fuel sources just for national security (not relying on the likes of Saudi Arabia), and environmental impact.

Some one on this site was quick to point out that even if we switched to electric, if we don't find an alternative to lithium batteries, we would still fight wars for lithium (Afghanistan), and would still have the environmental impact of dead cells.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

which is why arguing over why AGW is here seems like such a pointless endeavor. But it does make some folks feel smarter and smugger, so there is that. (who knew, "smugger" didn't get red flagged)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The MSM has all but been ignoring the huge protests in France...characterizing it as protests against high fuel prices when, in reality, it is a massive rebellion against Macron's absurd 'Climate Change' carbon tax.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Even if Trump does not believe manmade climate change exists, the U.S. still leads the world in lowering CO2 emissions, even after we left the Paris accord. The climate change scientists use bogus numbers in order to get the data they want. If they don't use these numbers they stop getting funding. They measure global temperatures on hot tarmacs & measure sea levels during strong wind events, which make the numbers appear higher than what they are in reality.

If the powers at be were truly serious about curbing manmade effects on climate, they'd ban jet airplanes from flying, ban ships which use bunker oil from traveling & promote the manufacturing of consumer goods domestically instead of abroad. 16 superfreighter ships produce more pollution than all the automobiles in the world combined.

www.dailywire.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

interesting you don't know that america under trump is cleaning up it's act. Would you say that you and your news sources are anti trump?

there have been a lot of charts released recently showing this. I am not linking, sounds like you need to do some research yourself. maybe it will change your mind...do you consider yourself open minded? If what the post says turns out to be true, will you still be anti trump?

this makes another example why the MSM is the enemy of the people

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join