It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover Pic. Can this be true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this before and what's the explanation? It can't be anything but a concrete block, can it?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Interesting picture, nice find. I do see what appears to be a right angle corner in the middle. But it could be a tire track from the rover. I also see groves to the right only it looks like a turn. Funny though, the grooves almost look like there is water puddling in them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you look at the "track" (if that's what it is), you can see some grooves that look similar to the tracks of the tire on the rover.

That makes me thing that it might be tire-tracks left by the rover and partially filled in with sand.

The questions are there, though: Has the rover been standing still for a day or so? It it has, that might lend a bit of credence to the "track and threads" hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
Interesting picture, nice find. I do see what appears to be a right angle corner in the middle. But it could be a tire track from the rover. I also see groves to the right only it looks like a turn. Funny though, the grooves almost look like there is water puddling in them.

You're right, it does look like there's some kind of liquid filling the depressions. If you look closely, you can see what appear to be blurred (as if seen through the liquid) images of the bottom of the impression.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You're right, it does look like there's some kind of liquid filling the depressions. If you look closely, you can see what appear to be blurred (as if seen through the liquid) images of the bottom of the impression.

Yeah looks like your looking at the bottom of a pond. The whole area reminds me of a construction site after it has rained.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah a naturally made almost perfectly sqaure block is normal guys dont go saying some other civilization made it ok?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Awesome picture mate.

Well, square blocks, wooden beams, strange structures, and weird geography that looks like water flows across it...mars sure has alot to tell us.
Thats if the goverments of this world will ever share it with the common man.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
mythatsabigprobe

thats a nice pic continue to show me some pics and I'll show you mine hehe

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They're tire marks from the Rover, you can see a rough one on the other side on the 'block'.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Looks as if it could be a block, but we don't really know what it is do we....I think our government is preparing us for something soon to come though, and I have never thought that when the times comes for information about mars, it will be microscopic, or single cell or algae type life...they may report that to us first, but it will end up a lot bigger than that, I'm sure!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Another mars picture with what looks like could be broken block

[edit on 2/25/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's another version of the top picture. I used this in a thread a while ago about 'regular' looking rocks on the martian surface.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The only thing thous blocks prove is that there WAS liquid water on mars at one time .As anyone who has ever lived near a creek or lake that went dry knows when the mud drys it cracks just like that into squares tryangels and looks very man made but isent .
sorry to tell you thous blocks arenot made by alians.
as for liquid water coming to the serfice from time to time im sure that probly still happens . and there very well may have been and still could be life there all the evedence points to it.But its very unlikly that any adavanced life ever evolved .Mars was lucky if it got to the inverterbrate leavel .
Mars being smaller cooled faster to be sure but as the soler system was much younger it got hit manny more times by metors durning its faze of being able to sopport life keeping it from adavancing far and by the time (5billion years agaio the soler system finly started setteling down a bit mars had already started lossing its air and it was down hill ever from then.
mars is a dieing world if not already dead .
even though it is possible theres more adavanced life forms living in underground rivers and lakes .But if we find anything at all it will be just a bactirea more then likly.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Natural Square blocks indicate to be created by the water and ice, wich is great news, increasing the changes we find subsurface ice/water everywhere.

Square rocks on earth:

The varied landscape of Acadia is the result of continuing geologic processes. A striking geologic activity is the weathering of granite ridges. Large joints, or fractures, in the rock form square blocks. The joints enlarge and expand when water fills them and freezes. Eventually the rock breaks away from the cliff leaving behind granitic rubble and bright pink scars on precipitous rock faces

source: www.nps.gov...

Then we also have the peculiar chrystallisation of certain lava flows, wich generate striking artifiicially looking structures:

www.teije.nl...

The Giants Causeway in Ireland.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Speaking of geological formations here on earth, how about some that are 50 feet under water. Check out the picture in this article on the Japanese Pyramids.

www.crystalinks.com...

Of course, there is debate weather these are manmade. They would have had to have been carved more than 10,000 years ago, when the sea level was lower. But there is evidence that they were created naturally. Along the coastline at the waters edge, there are square block formations also. This was explained in a History Channel documentary which is where I first learned about them.

Still very cool to look at.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
The only thing thous blocks prove is that there WAS liquid water on mars at one time .

And I think they have discovered a frozen sea on Mars, or something frozen beneath the surface.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
The only thing thous blocks prove is that there WAS liquid water on mars at one time .

And I think they have discovered a frozen sea on Mars, or something frozen beneath the surface.

First of all, i'm glade people have allready proved crazy gullable people like LadyV wrong.

I think what your talking about SimCity is THIS & THIS, and the whole "water under the surface" hasn't being proven, its just another possible water habitat. I hope there is water under the surface...but I have my doubts.

E_T

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Doesnt anyone ever pay attention to Earths geology?? You can find similar things like that all over earth and they are not manmade. You can often find sharp divisions in geological formations on earth and on other planets in our solar system. This is nothing new. Before you jump the gun and make wild claims I strongly suggest that you do a little studying of Geology.
First thing is that mankind is bad at learning anything and real studying would require own thinking which is so hard for too many... neither talking about capability of thinking. (or lack of it)
That's why there has been so many succesful tyrants and dictators causing misery throughout history.

Here's some angular blocks with smooth surfaces so they must be made by man.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to also point out that this area, this CRATER.
Recieved a HUGE ballistic thump, from a meteor.

Shockwaves, can cause geometric patterns, especially when the material
is homogeneous, which it appears to be. The bedrock layer here, is of the same material for probably miles around.

I think we are looking at shattered pieces.

OR, you are looking at my first attempt, at laying a natural stone patio.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Speaking of geological formations here on earth, how about some that are 50 feet under water. Check out the picture in this article on the Japanese Pyramids.

www.crystalinks.com...

Of course, there is debate weather these are manmade. They would have had to have been carved more than 10,000 years ago, when the sea level was lower. But there is evidence that they were created naturally. Along the coastline at the waters edge, there are square block formations also. This was explained in a History Channel documentary which is where I first learned about them.

Still very cool to look at.

Just started a new thread on this, in case anyones interested
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join